• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plastic Nee-san 26-39

yW7C0IB.jpg

This needs another anime.

The Ancient Magus Bride Vol 2

W9CLa6Q.jpg

This volume we have some revelations about Chise and Elias that help develop their relationship. Also new character are introduced such as Oberon and Titania (King and Queen of fairies).

The romance in this manga is really good. Elias is so cute <3 Art is excellent in portraying the magical nature of the world Chise interacts with.

Dat cliffhanger tho. Cant wait for Volume 3.

Quasar

Fuuka 76 - that was alright. And certainly if it wasn't clear to people already giant flags were raised. Poor Sara and Tama-chan.

Shinigami-sama ni saigo no onegai o 1-18 END What a terrible way to end it. I understand that it got axed, hence why it ended in such a way but what the hell? So what was the answer to the mystery? Reading theories it would seem that the mother was ill and about to die. She wished for sight and a healthy body before she would die. She then sees Hibiki and realizes she's not her daughter, instead it's her husband's cousin, who died in the accident that she was in. The cousin's last request must've been to let her baby be born, and thus Hibiki is born. The mother thus doesn't know her own child dies due to the accident and she's been raising another woman's daughter this whole time. She slays Hibiki, and tries to kill the dad. Shizuka steps in and tries to stop his mom from killing his dad, but he's already been hurt. The mom dies cause her time limit is up. The dad uses his last request to have Shizuka's memories of the whole incident erased because it's too traumatic. Hibiki uses her last request to wish for Shizuka to suffer.

Not sure how the third party plays a part.

Rhapsody

Banned
I know what you mean by gimmick lewd manga being bad but no it's fine I think. Just extremely silly.

Well, I started reading it. First arc done, and it was pretty interesting. The 2nd arc, I don't know if it's just because of new ideas, but it feels weird. Drawing looks a little off. The shift makes me wonder if it moved to a new magazine or something. If it did, hopefully it doesn't nosedive like Wagatsuma-san.

upandaway

Well, I started reading it. First arc done, and it was pretty interesting. The 2nd arc, I don't know if it's just because of new ideas, but it feels weird. Drawing looks a little off. The shift makes me wonder if it moved to a new magazine or something. If it did, hopefully it doesn't nosedive like Wagatsuma-san.
Some of the special chapters got renumbered into the series if that's what you mean, so it's not exactly ordered correctly, but it's easy to notice when it's one of those.

Akatsuki no Yona 102-103

Great backstory about the original 4 dragons. I didn't ask for this feels trip though. Fuck man, Zeno had it the worst :(

upandaway

Hayate 505

This chapter is just about perfect in every way.

Also RIP trying to do two series weekly. Isn't there Sore ga Seiyuu too? I'm worried.

Rhapsody

Banned
I just caught up with Kimi wa Midara. Now I remember where I've seen this art before. I saw this when I saw a pic for Retort Pouch. Then I wondered why I never read that. After clicking, I remembered no one translated it (except for a random middle chapter) lol
I was going to read this based on your impressions, then I realized I had already read it.

Can't tell if it was forgetful due to the nature of lewd manga or that you're so used to them.

upandaway

I just caught up with Kimi wa Midara. Now I remember where I've seen this art before. I saw this when I saw a pic for Retort Pouch. Then I wondered why I never read that. After clicking, I remembered no one translated it (except for a random middle chapter) lol
Yeah I'm interested in that too. I found some raws so I'll see later if I can read it.

Tomo-chan 117

Okay what is it lately with guys in manga looking way hotter than the girls recently? Am I imagining this? Someone agree with me on this.

Conan-san

Ad Astra Per Aspera 1.1

Av9H52E.png

Those in glass houses, jackass.

Besides that, this looks good, I hope it actauly does something unlike Hyate,

Hinamtasuri

Saw all y'all talking about this so I decided to give it a read.

Imma be honest, at first, I found it mildly amusing but didn't laugh out loud. It took a long LONG time before I actually chuckled at a bit. The humor in it is more crack a smile humor than laugh out loud like a Gintama or whatnot and frankly I really really dislike archetypes like Hina. However she grew on me a bit and I think the author hit a pretty good groove as well. Specifically I just finished the first chapter to get me to really laugh hard and it was the one where Hitomi starts working at all those different places and throws the housewarming party and it ending with her just sipping coffee in a bathroom staring out the window of her expensive apartment broke me.

I'll keep giving it a read. It's pretty good now.

upandaway

Tomo-chan 124

&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;

&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;

&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;( &#12444;x&#12444;&#65307;)&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;&#65311;

Diodiablo

Banned
Nice to see other people read this manga.
Does anyone know whether this is still ongoing or cancelled or whatever?
It should be ongoing. It stopped at a time (with the whole
arc of the father accepting them
) but it continued afterwards
at the moment the sister has found that they are actually "living together" and that her oneesama is actually a sexually active human being

It's been like forever since I last saw an update.

upandaway

can someone not on america time zone please join the mangaf skype group, so many people and they're all asleep argh. no one to talk to

New Game 13

This chapter really reminded me of the office I was in. AC temp switch was basically a war zone. We were ready to kill over that thing.

Like literally fights and screams and violence. AC temp in the office is serious freaking business.

Jintor

Prison School 1 - 19

Trying to read this again, still kinda eh. I mean the art is friggin amazing and stuff but I just don't find it all that funny or any of the characters besides the main duder all that interesting.

I know it gets better as it goes but... it's just... not hooking me...

Seraph of the End 16-36

Man this is some grade a shlock I love it. I do like how Yu has somehow matured but still kept his dumb shonen protagonist attitude that consistently gets everyone around him into trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom