• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
I just read the new Soma chapter. So glad I avoided all those spoilers, this was amazing.

Around this time is when shounen manga tend to run out of steam. Was worried for a moment with the slow festival, but I'm relieved.

Averon

Soma 134

I wonder if this arc results in Erina rejecting her "God's Tongue" and develop her own style of cooking not from her father.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shokugeki no soma 134
Civil war incoming.
Prediction for new arc:
New king make ridiculous rule and start expelling students left and right.
Soma and Erina will make a team consist of 6 members to fight against the elite ten to overthrow the "new king", but, before that, they will do a competition among themselves to decide who will fight against the elite ten.

Assassination Classroom 155
It's finally going to end, but, since Shiro arc is not yet resolved, i guess he's going to come back for one last showdown?

Assassination Classroom 155

Teacher huh, iunno about that
Don't really know what i'd like nagisa to do though

Yeah, that seemed a bit of an A+B=Chair. Like...oh man, I'm good at assassinating. Just like Teacher. I know! I'll be a teacher! And it's like...he wasn't a good teacher because he was an assassin, it's because he was a mental case who could do everything he attempted perfectly. He just framed it in assassination.

I don't think with all we've seen of Nagisa that that's a realistic job for him.

A realistic job would be hostess.

I don't think Rindou's evil, I just think she's hot. I mean...tricky and chaotic. Like a cat. Snake. Like a...god dammit.

Averon

I see at least one E10 losing their seat before all this is done. Eizan seems to be the most likely candidate to lose his seat since he has unfinished business with Soma.

Marche90

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari ch17

I wonder if she's supposed to be the final boss. Still, that iron maiden was pretty neat.

LN and WN spoilers
Nah... Judging how she appears apparently as an ally in the LN's covers AND joins the heroes in the WN (the plot is different between both), I'm pretty sure that's not the case

Nanatsu no Taizai

Ban had a rough life.... I want Escanor though T-T

Shokugeki No Soma 134

Second best Chapter this week.... Traitors everywhere
Cat Senpai back stabbed the old man and turned out to be really Snak Senpai, Nakiri's Father seems to have good shadow angles wherever he is, and Erina is caught in the middle of a gigantic Civil War..

I want to know when her Dad was banished... was Soma's Dad involved? Or was he later called in to change Erina's cooking style?

Soma 134

tumblr_inline_njn940dIOr1s76uba.gif

Wow this is probably the biggest shakeup in the entire series thus far.

If I had done the character poll a couple of weeks from now Rindou probably would have placed in the top 5 LOL

Food Wars! 134

Kuga reconfirmed for being a good character, notice that his name is not signed off on underhanded maneuver by his terrible peers.

Also love how they had Azami in the scene with the lights behind him, feels like some intense drama now. Also he is already much better than the old guy who was much too old to lead the institute. And Azami food explosion scenes will be much more delightful too, even though I imagine it will be way tough to get him to admit a food is good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Food Wars! 134

Kuga reconfirmed for being a good character, notice that his name is not signed off on underhanded maneuver by his terrible peers.

Also love how they had Azami in the scene with the lights behind him, feels like some intense drama now. Also he is already much better than the old guy who was much too old to lead the institute. And Azami food explosion scenes will be much more delightful too, even though I imagine it will be way tough to get him to admit a food is good.

It was pretty clear by his reaction when he lost that he's mostly just a lot like Soma but a bit more of a jerkass

I see at least one E10 losing their seat before all this is done. Eizan seems to be the most likely candidate to lose his seat since he has unfinished business with Soma.

I think the six signers have all signed away their seats which clearly leaves open, joining Erina, Isshiki-senpai, and Kuga in the council of 10, seats for Taku, Prince of Smoke, Hayama, Kurokiba Ryou, Meat General, and Marui.

Marche90

Shokugeki no Soma 134

... Wow. That was intense.

Sometimes I regret getting up to speed in this series, with so many developments happening and always needing to wait one more week.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

Full color version of "the" page (I had no clue they're even doing official full color versions)

Shokugeki no Soma 134

... Wow. That was intense.

Sometimes I regret getting up to speed in this series, with so many developments happening and always needing to wait one more week.
I'm the opposite, Soma is one of the few mangas I don't regret reading weekly. It's a lot of fun every week.

Medaka Box is still the only manga though where I had more fun reading it weekly that binge reading

Lain

March comes in like a lion volume 10

Lots of good stuff in this volume. There was some shogi, but I couldn't care less about shogi personally. What I care about is what the shogi parts brings into the story character-wise and in this volume they brought in some comedic moments together with a sense of growth in regards to Kiriama.
In regards to Kiriama's growth, there were some more moments that showed his growth, this time not as a player but as a person or as the volume itself says, as a man.
I had to bow to Chica Umino when I got done reading the volume because DAMN! what a way to end the volume. Balls of steel, serious balls of steel, together with some reactions to Kiriama's actions that were pretty funny. I was in a state of man soooo cool!, 1 second later I was laughing and then back into man soooo cool! mode.
Now to wait for the next volume.

Dog & Scissors volume 4 [END]
Q25b.jpg

Nonsense aside, art aside, this was a pretty shallow story. It left me nothing.
Sure, I had fun reading it thanks to the interactions between the characters, their idiosyncrasies and the silly situations of the story. The art was nice and I loved the covers but other than that? It didn't communicate me much, it didn't leave me much.
Not exactly a bad waste of time but not a good time investment either.

Haru Polish volume 1

Another sorta nonsense story with OK character art.
This first volume had funny moments and the teasing isn't bad, though some of the stuff the author has certain characters (like the female teacher) say are just... whatever.

Aruito volume 6
T25b.jpg

I have a really soft spot for Nagamu Nanaji. Her works aren't the best, but they always have that certain thing that just does it for me, plus her character art is clean enough and she's able to get the girls to display some adorable facial expressions.
I've really enjoyed the way the story is moving forward (pun not intended) and how the various characters are interacting between each other.
This volume also had a short one shot at the end. It was simple but so cute and nice.

Magical Girl of the End Volume 3
X25b.jpg

Some little bits of answers in regards to the magical girls... well not really, more like a link to a person involved with them found out thanks to the travel through time the group was sent on.
The twist was, in a way, interesting. More people died and I don't feel bad for police dude.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Latest Seven Deadly Sins- Aight, that was a pretty cheap twist, but it go me. i cried a little. Can we move off of Ban though? He gets so much screentime when there's other crazy stuff happening now...

Numb

Speaking of Medaka box i saw the anniversary of Jojo in it or around that time and that manga artists were going to do art of Jojo in their own style. Was looking forward to it but couldn't find it anywhere. Anyone know what's up with it? or did it not happen at all

Mortemis

Banned
I miss medaka box. :(

Soma 134

I don't think this'll end up being a crazy 6 v 6 arc, if we assume the other 4 are with the old man, they only need to beat 2 elite ten. So Soma vs Eizan and who else?

What am I talking about, this is shonen. 6 v 6 all out brawl here we go!

Didn't do this for last week as I had to catch up on half the series (still catching up on Nisekoi <___<) but now I can do this

US Shonen Jump 9/14/2015 Rundown

Nononofu 1

Couldn't get a really good feel for this, I feel like our MC's troubled past is playing a big part of how he acts in the present but they kind of glossed over the details in a frustrating way where I had a hard time connecting with him. I like the idea of the MC getting such tunnel vision that it makes him great at Shogi, but I wonder how much that concept can hold the series together. None of the supporting characters did much for me either and the art was decent but not mind blowing.

Black Clover 29

Did I miss something about how mana works in this series why is it such a big deal that Yuno controlled the mana? Isn't controlling mana what everyone but Asta does in this series to cast magic? The fight itself was okay and Yuno fully recognizing Asta as his rival still current was nice but the big reveal lost it's impact when I wasn't sure why it was a big deal.

World Trigger 115

Not surprised that Yuma lost, this arc has really been more about Osamu and his growth or lack there of. I assume Jin is going to turn down Osamu's request to join Takoma 2 and is instead going to suggest/force the other Neighbor to join the group hence making the bet that would get him back his trigger. This would let neighbor guy take over for Osamu and let him go into the role he's best suited for, being a commander who can observe the battle from above.

Toriko 338

So Aracia is the big bad in the end and his goal is to eat essentially the big bang... huh... not that Toriko hasn't had quick pacing before but this has reached a whole other level where I'm honestly not sure what to make of things.

Shokugeki No Soma 134

LzzIhjv.gif

Bleach 642

This was actually pretty decent by Bleach standards, it's too bad Nemu and Mayuri have been so irrelevant for so long as this feels like a good climax to their borderline non existent character arcs. The trick I guess will be to see if Nemu actually wins or if she just further jobs and Mayuri is forced to get the win as Nemu 7 dies.

My Hero Academia 58

Nice chapter to let the class get an idea how far Deku has come... and of course how much farther he still needs to go. Looks like some revelations are gonna happen next week can't wait.

I can't find any other Villain in any series that can top Kumagawa from Medaka. He's the most unique and entertaining Villain I've ever read in any manga.

Inb4 you say Dio or Kira from Jojo. They got nothing on a character who's sole existence is to lose.

And pretty much has a ability that screws with people.

World Trigger 115

Not surprised that Yuma lost, this arc has really been more about Osamu and his growth or lack there of. I assume Jin is going to turn down Osamu's request to join Takoma 2 and is instead going to suggest/force the other Neighbor to join the group hence making the bet that would get him back his trigger. This would let neighbor guy take over for Osamu and let him go into the role he's best suited for, being a commander who can observe the battle from above.

Yes Hyuse joining Tamakoma-2 would really move this is in a good direction, though I cant imagine how he would be at taking orders from Mikumo (since Mikumo isn't strong and Hyuse is kind of kiddie at heart). I just want more Hyuse action hes really good.

A Captain as an Operator? How would that work though.

Yes Hyuse joining Tamakoma-2 would really move this is in a good direction, though I cant imagine how he would be at taking orders from Mikumo (since Mikumo isn't strong and Hyuse is kind of kiddie at heart). I just want more Hyuse action hes really good.

A Captain as an Operator? How would that work though.

More Mikumo would come up with the gameplan and act more like a coach or captain from the operator's seat, being able to get a view of the battlefield and the enemies movements, quickly using his brain to come up with counter strategies. Then when the team goes to the neighbor planet Mikumo could still fight if he had to from a distance while the other 3 take on the lead attacking duties.

Fox318

DTL your avatar is disgusting.

Ketchup on a hot dog is gross and should be punishable by death.

At least he has some mustard on it.

Mustard is the way to go, friends

Gintamen

DTL your avatar is disgusting.

Ketchup on a hot dog is gross and should be punishable by death.

At least he has some mustard on it.

Mustard is the way to go, friends
What do you think the yellow line on top of it is supposed to be? It got to be both with a bigger ration for mustard.

Fox318

I didn't even see the ketchup until you pointed it out I assumed it was a grill line

Let us hope.

I mean you wouldn't want to put somebody's dripping red sausage in your mouth

I think in Holland they like it soaked with mayo. I prefer mustard but if you like your footlongs with white stuff all about I can understand.

But Ketchup.... eww

Fox318

Domestic na Kanojo

MC what are you doing mannnnn

How about this if you really care about her how about you stop calling her Sensei?

Kurita

Probably the majority of sausage eaters. It's the standard in germany aside from Bavarian veal sausage, which would have to be eaten with mustard, a flavoured light one at that.

France is a mustard country brah
I think we found the cause of the two world wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom