• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tachibanakan ToLieAngle 1

KozDtar.jpg

1. Take generic harem comedy about MC moving into an apartment full of cute girls.
2. Replace MC with FeMC.
3. ????
4. Manga.

If the basic premise wasn't classy enough, the FeMC also seems to be afflicted with the same serious balance problems as Rito from TLR.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

KozDtar.jpg

1. Take generic harem comedy about MC moving into an apartment full of cute girls.
2. Replace MC with FeMC.
3. ????
4. Manga.

If the basic premise wasn't classy enough, the FeMC also seems to be afflicted with the same serious balance problems as Rito from TLR.

someone finally did this?

upandaway

KozDtar.jpg

2. Replace MC with FeMC.
3. ????
4. Manga.

It's like they really just flipped a switch on the MC's gender after writing a standard, generic harem. You could glue a Rito sprite on her and nothing would look unusual.

Jintor

KozDtar.jpg

2. Replace MC with FeMC.
3. ????
4. Manga.

Sold

Prison School 190
Of all the times to screw up, why now Kiyoshi?

Think of the future possibilities:

-She develops a fetish for going commando
-She can't drop the costume right now, for obvious reasons, so she will have to participate the duel between both student council with the cat costume.
-Some funny Hana + Kiyoshi shenanigans as Chiyo asks what's in Kiyoshi's hand.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

KozDtar.jpg

2. Replace MC with FeMC.
3. ????
4. Manga.

Alright then, time to do some "research"...

Zweizer

Banned
Dungeon Meshi ch8

Golems sure are handy.

It's interesting that he views the dungeon as a whole as an ecosystem. This gives a new perspective to its design, and to the world-building in general. He truly is awesome.

Hatarakanai Futari ch58

Well, that counts for something at least.

dani_dc

Prison School 190

Knew where this was going, shame that Hana will lose over this.

Chiyo will probably notice the panties next chapter and make the connection between the panties she saw in the room and the panties Kiyoshi is holding.

upandaway

Doujin Work v4

In like 10 pages she drops out of school and goes into debt to rent an apartment and make a living with doujins. Rumors of her getting pregnant spread everywhere. Too much development for me man. Too much.

Also here you go zweizer

7sKPgk2.png

YKWH4Pn.png

Assassination Classroom 155

Writer seems to have no idea what Karma kun will do, and I dont think many fans either. I dont know what he would be best at. An orginary salaryman job at a company wont be for him.

I dont think Nagisa would be a teacher, he should become the next Karasuma type of agent. (and odd that Karasuma has had no part in the students schools and career choices).

Zweizer

Banned
Aren't you reading quite a lot of stuff these days? I get the feeling you are on 200+ onging series.

Obviously not as much as the crazier ones around here, but yeah, that's what MU is telling me.

Quite a far cry from the days before I joined this community. I had so much more free time back then...

High Speed! 3
CO4EjcSWIAALN1P.png

Rin is back and better than ever. Could have had a few more moments but the needed Makoto scared of water development was needing some time as well. Im glad we can move beyond that known plot aspect.

Usobuko

Banned
Obviously not as much as the crazier ones around here, but yeah, that's what MU is telling me.

Quite a far cry from the days before I joined this community. I had so much more free time back then...

You can always trim the fat and keep the smutty ones.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki

Hoping against hope this new development doesn't just serve as an annoying distraction where Azami is a stock super villain.

Mononofu 1
CO4M2WsWgAAEf9V.png

Like Shinobu and Keishi otherwise its shogi. I like some of the cast and thought its decent, but needs a bit of some visual genjutsus during the shogi to make it more exciting than just pieces on a board. Could be decent if it survives.

Soma 134

Yooooo the RAWs did not do this chapter justice. They dropped some pretty important knowledge in this chapter, specifically for me that her father was responsible for Erina becoming like she is today (and her being so afraid of him telling you some very important shit) and that her grandfather regrets it more than anything which means he's not particularly glad she's the God's Tongue.

That and Snake-senpai (fuck you) showing her true colors. Damn yo, her look on that page was fucking intense. Like a lot of people are speculating though, all the 3rd years are gonna be gone by the time Soma or anyone else can fight them or anything so the concentration is really gonna be on the 2nd years who voted for Erina's dad.

Also when will Japan learn to stop leaving decisions up to teenagers. They're still like 16 and shit.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 17

Surprisingly not much happened this chapter. =/ We get a new villain who is apparently a bigger bad behind the waves themselves and she completely trounces everyone but all we really understand is that Shieldy is capable of being fuck-off strong but it's incredibly dangerous to do so because the hate of the dragon could consume him. An interesting downside, but I don't like this progression of him being more hero-like.

Tokyo Ghoul: re 44

Well I kinda understood that chapter. Guess that's a step up from most of them.

Arachnid 53-54

Sure. Okay. I really fucking don't like the Scorpion Lady like at all. As a character. I think she's handled so poorly and just super uninteresting. She keeps taking care of all the bad guys that are much more interesting and in such stupid tension and character breaking ways. The Thai chick gets taken out that easily by her? Fucking suuuuuuuuuuuure okaaaaaaaaaaay that makes total sense. So dumb.

Ugh. Not like it was a consistent or sensical manga, but this kinda stuff is just dumb.

Jun-chan no Baka 145

Jun you're a fucking idiot and I kinda don't want you to end up with Tomo cause you're kind of a shit-ball.

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga 53

I couldn't hold back from reading the RAWs after this chapter. I just wanted that dude and T-back GCupper to die so hard. I have literally no idea why I'm invested this much in this manga because it's not amazing or anything but when she got stabbed I lost my shit. What is looking good from a future perspective is his face when he gets angry. I really love MCs that go cold angry and kill a motherfucker or two.

THE iDOLM@STER - I Said I'm Not Delicious!! (doujin)

Motion denied. Didn't realise this was a doujin series dedicated to bullying Sachiko, but that's fine too, especially since there're Koume and Fumika chapters pending. Still feels like she was an obvious choice for the anime's primary cast.

Shokugeki no Soma 134

I refuse to accept that Erina is now the only female member of the E10 I can root for in good faith.

Shitsurakuen was actually a surprisingly decent read. Up until the rushed ending at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom