• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Really? I mean, last time I checked Magi was meandering just shy of an endgame it still felt like there was more to the world.

Remember when everyone liked Magi enough to start avatar bets on it? Good times.

upandaway

Really? I mean, last time I checked Magi was meandering just shy of an endgame it still felt like there was more to the world.

Remember when everyone liked Magi enough to start avatar bets on it? Good times.
Yeah I stopped reading Magi somewhere after the Arba Twist™. Probably not gonna go back to it at this point.

wonzo

Banned
Wait, it is?
CPQMDOfUsAAujdS.jpg:large

unless i'm reading it wrong or something

will probably get a sequel spinoff as that seems to be in vogue these days

e: actually it means this arc's ending. lol

de: the next arcs the final one

Wiseblade

Yeah I stopped reading Magi somewhere after the Arba Twist™. Probably not gonna go back to it at this point.
Last I was reading Aladdin & Alibaba wereplaying doubles tennis with Prince Zuko and the evil Magi whose name escapes me.I think I'll go back just to get some closure.

dumbyugi

Magi is still on my reading list and I'll probably finish it when it's all over but I haven't read it for about a year now. It wasn't doing anything that I cared about anymore. Same thing happened with Seven Deadly Sins after they introduced the power levels and the demons.

Zweizer

Banned
At this point I'm reading by idle curiosity. It just stopped having the quality of the first series some time ago.

edit: but at least she takes the plot kicking and screaming and punches it into the face to make it go forward. Best grill.

Seriously, the Madarame Harem thing was funny at first, but it went downhill fast after that.

upandaway

Biscuit Hammer 37

I uh, I was ready for this for a couple of chapters now. But still, darn.
rip mouse.
The fact they go without really doing anything or having much purpose/closure is the worst part. That sucks.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fairy Tail

Could this actually be the end game for Fairy Tail? The last arc? It kinda feels like it with Zeref being involved but I wouldn't be shocked if it continued on afterwards.

ElFly

Fairy Tail

Could this actually be the end game for Fairy Tail? The last arc? It kinda feels like it with Zeref being involved but I wouldn't be shocked if it continued on afterwards.

I somehow doubt it, there were so many times it could have ended before.

Only thing that makes it feel more final is that Mavis is in, but I could easily see the author bullshit more stories out of it.

Hey, is it just me or you can see Gajeel's underwear next to Levy's face waking up.

random25

Re:Marina 44

One of them swam in. C'mon that's not what schools teach you man!

Prison School 191

Gakuto saving the day again. U da real MVP.

Tomo-chan 150

Just accept it Tomo...and the discount.

upandaway

Biscuit Hammer (end)

Aahhhh man, that was good. I'm still sorta recovering from all the reading (I might have more to say later, I'm super jumbled right now) but it was great. Pretty much added together coolness and feelgoodness up until the end (the last arc was one giant fun thing, there wasn't any pressure but it felt great).
I was really relieved when she survived to the ending because for a second it felt like the manga was teasing her death. Actually in general the death count was way way lower than I thought it would be. The deaths that were there were intense though.

Wasn't perfect but that was easy to ignore. I had extreme amount of fun. Having an MC that is loyal to someone else like that is always a really enjoyable thing to have in a story.

I want you to keep that comment in your pocket(the one about people being too hasty) and bring it back out when your done with the series, to see if it still holds true.
That was really carefully put together, it was cool as hell

Umibozu

prison school 191
changing underwear again will bite kiyoshi in the butt especially if/when chiyo sees it on him

7 deadly sins 141
more fairies are going to die aren't they :/

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
7 Deadly Sins made me tear up. Ban is a good dude; his dad's even cooler. A good chapter with an interesting ending. Curious to see how it turns out.

i wonder what her power level is /troll

Biscuit Hammer (end)

Aahhhh man, that was good. I'm still sorta recovering from all the reading (I might have more to say later, I'm super jumbled right now) but it was great. Pretty much added together coolness and feelgoodness up until the end (the last arc was one giant fun thing, there wasn't any pressure but it felt great).
I was really relieved when she survived to the ending because for a second it felt like the manga was teasing her death. Actually in general the death count was way way lower than I thought it would be. The deaths that were there were intense though.

Wasn't perfect but that was easy to ignore. I had extreme amount of fun. Having an MC that is loyal to someone else like that is always a really enjoyable thing to have in a story.

I love that series so much. As a coming of age action manga, I can't think of any better. And probably my favorite manga ending of all time. So satisfying. I love how the last lines are "We all grew up". Really hammers it in that for the characters, this was a big event that really helped them grow as people, but it's also just one chapter in their lives. They've learned and accomplished a lot, and now it's all about how they'll use it going forward.

Who was your favorite character? I liked Hyou personally, but so many great characters

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Biscuit Hammer (end)

Now let me point you to the authors other stuff.

Spirit Circle might be my favorite manga running right now. Bout a kid going through past lies. This one is the real tear jerker. Can't find a good spread, but trust me this one is really good.

Sengoku Youko is straight up action, and more akin to the pace of Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer. There's a lot of crazy moments in this I can't spoil because they're too crazy to really believe

Sengoku_Youko_v05_c27__2223.png

upandaway

I've already read through Sengoku Youko (twice) while suffering the terrible release pace, since before the first part was done. That's on hold until it finishes, I'll get to Spirit Circle when it's done too.

I love that series so much. As a coming of age action manga, I can't think of any better. And probably my favorite manga ending of all time. So satisfying. I love how the last lines are "We all grew up". Really hammers it in that for the characters, this was a big event that really helped them grow as people, but it's also just one chapter in their lives. They've learned and accomplished a lot, and now it's all about how they'll use it going forward.

Who was your favorite character? I liked Hyou personally, but so many great characters
Definitely Sami. Yuu and Anima had lots of good moments too.
And that pun in bolded, don't think I've missed that.

And yeah the ending was great, really thorough. It felt good to have so many answers.

I've already read through Sengoku Youko (twice) while suffering the terrible release pace, since before the first part was done. That's on hold until it finishes, I'll get to Spirit Circle when it's done too.

Definitely Sami. Yuu and Anima had lots of good moments too.
And that pun in bolded, don't think I've missed that.

And yeah the ending was great, really thorough. It felt good to have so many answers.

That was actually not intentional LOL. As much as I do love awful puns

orochi91

Prison School Chapter 191

I will be very cross if Hana x Kiyoshi doesn't happen, considering how much they've been through together lol

Fuck off, Chiyo.

Qurupeke

Fairy Tail

While I was reading it, this is what I thought too. It seems to be close to an ending, but yeah, this is Fairy Tail we're talking about.

Biscuit Hammer (end)

Today, you have become a man. Whenever I talk about deaths in manga/anime/games/any medium THIS is what I mean by having them be impactful. If you go the Terraformars/Walking Dead route you lose a lot of investment of your reader's emotions and attachment to your characters in exchange for hammering home the world building of "death at any time/no one is safe" but I think you lose too much in it. I don't think one manga has gotten me to care about characters as quickly and invest myself in them so much in such a short span of time as this one. Every single time someone starts talking about this manga I go back and read
the Mouse Knight/Mantis Knight chapters
and it destroys me emotionally every single time. Like huge blubbery tears.
From the surprise of his sacrifice being meaningless in that amazing and chilling two page spread of the lance piercing both of them, to him telling her he loves her when they're connected and her saying "I know" to the Mouse Knight saying he hates the Mantis Knight and disappearing, to her emotionless face. And then her challenging the golem and unleashing that insane onslaught on it while she finally breaks the facade she has built for years and starts just screaming and bawling at never having been able to cross that gap to reach him and hammering the ice shards home while Yuu and Nagumo show up and Yuu seems collected until he looks at Nagumo who is just staring at her and for the first time in the series crying and everyone just starts breaking down. And everything after with Yuu and Snakey fighting for the Invisible and him just not being able to emotionally handle it.
UGH. I legitimately believe with no hyperbole those to be some of the best written chapters in a manga EVER. The writing is top fucking tier.

I won't tangent off on the other parts of the manga I love but I will say as much as I love Our Princess Lucifer I really
felt bad and shipped Snake Knight with Yuu cause I loved her character.

Blargh. Time to read...not this manga. Again. For the 20th time.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh and everything around the Owl Knight and when the Owl starts crying arghghg;hl;hlsh;fgd

Dammit, I just reread the end of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer and I'm just leaking tears at this point having forgot I ordered food a bit ago and I just go to the door and pick it up with tears just falling out of me uncontrollably. Dude was so uncomfortable lol

Good. Maybe that means an English manga release.

[Though that didn't happen for Silver Spoon.]
Yeah it didn't get that English release because Viz is fucking stupid.

En'en no Shouboutai is the future of WSM. Holy lord that was good. From Okhubo. Just fantastic premise, loads of character and insane action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom