• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Lychee Light Club by Usamaru Furuya

A bloody, provocative short story centered around the Lychee Light Club, composed of male middle schoolers, and their aims to attain eternal beauty, no matter how depraved the deed, as well as their internal strife.

YNzrpxk.jpg

As always, Usamaru Furuya's art shines through it, creating a wonderfully grim, gritty atmosphere that suits its horror nature perfectly. The story itself deals with themes such as adolescence, artificial intelligence and, par for the course, the human nature, albeit it doesn't really get too much into detail due to its short length. I must say however, that the more disturbing aspects of the manga, the various depravities commited by the gang, really take away from said themes rather than enhance them, as they feel gratuitous and unrelated.

An interesting read, but its overall quality is not Usamaru Furuya's best.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dagashi kashi 21
She borrow his bowl and stole his rice...why not marry into coconuts family?

tomochan 150

Youknowyou'vedonefuckedupright.jpg

Re:Marina 44
Something about what Marina is doing is really rubbing me the wrong way, feels more like she's trying to just save the future MC by forcing the current MC to do something he doesn't want to. Well will be interesting to see how they wrap up the manga in 5 more chapters.

Sakuranbo Syndrome 86
Raised my eyebrow so hard that my eye popped out of its socket. I was expecting everything to be in pieces by this point, but instead we've got almost the total opposite. Still time for the train to be derailed though.

Shokugeki no Soma 134-135

I'm sorry, but your princess is in another castle

this sudden change is pretty interesting, maybe it'll finally introduce this erina character I keep hearing about

Spirit Circle 1-26

I pretty much started reading this marathon-style right after I finished rereading Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer and I have no idea why I would ever worry about whether it was good or not. It's amazing.

I don't want to gush or crowd this page with my experiences again but this thing is so masterfully written and interlinking. And I just had to at least say something at the end of this chapter when the "brother" showed up again.

This is just so goddam interesting.

I'll get to the rest of the manga updates today after I catch up on this.

Edit: Spirit Circle 30

Himegoto 47-48

This will escalate into murder.

Prison School 191

Don't like the tie unless both Kate and Mari have to dance.

Hana x Kiyoshi is being pushed hard lately.

Kanna to Decchi 01-03

One day the daughter of a carpenter discovers that his new handsome apprentice will start living with them. Now for lots of doki doki

Well if she wasn't such a tsundere about this. Which is even weird since the guy is literally a very nice guy, not your usual shoujo jerk

I mean, he's a great catch, just stop rejecting your feelings!

upandaway

Biscuit Hammer

Today, you have become a man. Whenever I talk about deaths in manga/anime/games/any medium THIS is what I mean by having them be impactful. If you go the Terraformars/Walking Dead route you lose a lot of investment of your reader's emotions and attachment to your characters in exchange for hammering home the world building of "death at any time/no one is safe" but I think you lose too much in it. I don't think one manga has gotten me to care about characters as quickly and invest myself in them so much in such a short span of time as this one. Every single time someone starts talking about this manga I go back and read
the Mouse Knight/Mantis Knight chapters
and it destroys me emotionally every single time. Like huge blubbery tears.
From the surprise of his sacrifice being meaningless in that amazing and chilling two page spread of the lance piercing both of them, to him telling her he loves her when they're connected and her saying "I know" to the Mouse Knight saying he hates the Mantis Knight and disappearing, to her emotionless face. And then her challenging the golem and unleashing that insane onslaught on it while she finally breaks the facade she has built for years and starts just screaming and bawling at never having been able to cross that gap to reach him and hammering the ice shards home while Yuu and Nagumo show up and Yuu seems collected until he looks at Nagumo who is just staring at her and for the first time in the series crying and everyone just starts breaking down. And everything after with Yuu and Snakey fighting for the Invisible and him just not being able to emotionally handle it.
UGH. I legitimately believe with no hyperbole those to be some of the best written chapters in a manga EVER. The writing is top fucking tier.

I won't tangent off on the other parts of the manga I love but I will say as much as I love Our Princess Lucifer I really
felt bad and shipped Snake Knight with Yuu cause I loved her character.

Blargh. Time to read...not this manga. Again. For the 20th time.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh and everything around the Owl Knight and when the Owl starts crying arghghg;hl;hlsh;fgd
I'd still say it had some iffy parts (like in the beginning with the grandfather) but yeah good package, stuff like the owl and mantis girl killing the golem. I don't like death counter manga either, this one definitely handled death differently.

Shouta

Sakuranbo Syndrome 86

Raised my eyebrow so hard that my eye popped out of its socket. I was expecting everything to be in pieces by this point, but instead we've got almost the total opposite. Still time for the train to be derailed though.

You'll find the next few chapters pretty uh, stimulating.

LeleSocho

Banned
Sick dream about Detective Conan
Conan finds a way to get his body back but because of accelerated aging his brain synapsis aren't as fast as before but the Men In Black kidnapped Ran so with the Power of Love™ and with the help of Ran's father and the Young Detective Squad they manage to save her, Shinichi confesses everything to Ran and Ran because understand that detective's work was so important for Shinichi decides that both have to take the shrinking poison so they both become kids and live happily ever after

I just woke up to post this now i'm going back to sleep 'cause it's only 10AM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Zweizer

Banned
Other than Mirai Niki, with Gasai Yuno, I can't think of any good Yandere themed mangas :/

The world needs more yanderes.

Here are some suggestions of (mostly) manga featuring prominent yanderes:

Generally Mostly Safe For Work:
  • Love Tyrant
  • Koharu no Hibi
  • LOVE/DEATH
  • Haru to Natsu
  • Onii-chan Control
  • Netgame no Yome wa Onna no Ko ja nai to Omotta?
  • Watari-kun no xx ga Houkai Sunzen
  • Abnormal-kei Joshi
  • Yandere Fox Girl Short
  • Ashita Dorobou

Generally Mostly Not Safe For Work:
  • Minamoto-kun Monogatari
  • Layers of White
  • My Yandere older sister M-to-F'ed me
  • Rouchou Kanen
  • Most works from Kirintei and Usubeniya (a lot of them are doujinshis, but are absolutely worth checking out.)

Revo

Dagashi Kashi 21

A dagashi perfect for escaping
also can't wait to watch the anime, hope they're shorts

That family is really fucked up. Kind of surprising the main boy is as normal as he is.

Might have not had much family interaction besides sister, that's what I assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom