• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taku looks so happy and good.
tumblr_nuvgi6fT9w1rfp5pbo1_540.jpg

Turok_TTZ

That will come back to haunt ye real bad you two.

Gintama 558

Well that sure was quick. calling nearest funeral home for abuto.

Mob Psycho 100 89.2

Mob, you're still too soft.

Tomo-chan 149

Too easy. unsettling.

upandaway

Biscuit Hammer 29

I'll stop here for today, this is right after the master's flashback. I guess the being that spoke to him was the mage but I'm not sure. Things are getting pretty interesting with the new reveals. in general it's been calm ever since dog died, lots of introductions. I do feel like some characters are a bit too hasty to invest their whole being and beliefs into something spontaneously, but that's ok.

Umibozu

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 92
Another vampire, hope this doesn't lead to another love triangle. The new character introduced seems interesting at least.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Biscuit Hammer 29

I'll stop here for today, this is right after the master's flashback. I guess the being that spoke to him was the mage but I'm not sure. Things are getting pretty interesting with the new reveals. in general it's been calm ever since dog died, lots of introductions. I do feel like some characters are a bit too hasty to invest their whole being and beliefs into something spontaneously, but that's ok.

I want you to keep that comment in your pocket(the one about people being too hasty) and bring it back out when your done with the series, to see if it still holds true.

upandaway

Hatarakanai Futari 9

Have to say this author has the worried look nailed down. I've never seen so many people look so thoroughly worried.

Marche90

Nisekoi 186

On one hand, I don't dislike Marika, on the other hand I don't want her to end with Raku, but goddamn that person was a hateful piece of crap and I really don't want things to go her way.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 156

Out of the frying pan...

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 92

WHY DO THEY KEEP MAKING RUSSIAN CHOUX!?

Also, all the weirdos ended up in Asahi's class (and even a few who aren't supposed to be there) lol

Evil Heart 23-27

FUCK YES *foams at mouth*

I am so ecstatic it's regularly updated now. Back in the day when it wasn't I actually sent a number of people offers to pay for it to get it done but no one responded. =/

I love this manga so much. It's like...my hidden gem, wonderful manga. It's such a great look at the nature of how kids turn out "bad" at what can break the cycle of repeating all the horrible things that are done to you when you're young. You just want Ume to break out so much and not become his brother. I get so emotional reading this thing.

Tsuru, you got a little too proud and big for your britches this time. Shit getting' real dangerous and now you're seeing that being strong doesn't necessarily mean you can handle everything that comes your way in life if it can't be solved with that strength. Her friend is...ugh, I know I shouldn't but I really don't like her. There's something to be said for victim blaming but there's something to be said for willfully putting yourself into those situations then running to others to help you when you don't want them anymore. And Ume reverting back to his old self because of Tsuru getting hurt and Tsuru understanding it now makes him falling back to his violence all the worse. The line that the principal gives was so fucking powerful "An evil heart is born from a person's innocence." And it's so true. He's just afraid all the time. But I think when he saw Tsuru's grandpa's face when he threw that stalker guy he might've noticed something very important.

AAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH GIMME MORE CHAPTERS OF THIS. I'LL PAY YOU I HAVE MONEY.

Nisekoi 186

With a mother like that, it's amazing that Marika grew up as stabl-- er, as likeable as she did. Not to worry though, Kosaki's still free and I'm sure she'll take decisive action to turn this situation around.

Haikyuu!! 174
CPN3PT7WcAAZ_4a.png

All these funny Kagehina moments, lol. I liked the one start of the chapter with the super confident Hinata as well.

Odd that there was limited Tsukki action this chapter (expect for Akiteru)

I wonder how long this next 15 point set will last.

Genshiken Nidaime ch115

Gotta admire her straightforwardness. This shit has lasted long enough.

At this point I'm reading by idle curiosity. It just stopped having the quality of the first series some time ago.

edit: but at least she takes the plot kicking and screaming and punches it into the face to make it go forward. Best grill.

Blue Exorcist ~37

Well that was a lot better then the anime filler end, sucks that they couldn't have waited for the imprisoned king arc to start/finish before doing the anime as it would have been the perfect spot to end a 24-26 episode anime.

random25

Nisekoi 186

Marika's mother looks ypunger than Marika lol.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 156

That was an easy death.

Tsujiura-san to Chupacabra 29

I guessed it right. Just a dream.

RE:Marina 42-43

So most likely her long lost sister was once part of the harem.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Nisekoi 185-186

That fight scene was pretty good.
If he were still doing Double Arts, we'd get more of these. :'(
Marika's mom is a piece of shit, but I'm sure we're going to get a happy ending out of this somehow?

Articalys

Nisekoi 186

This chapter is titled "Why" since that's what everyone wants to ask Komi.

I wonder whatever ridiculously hamfisted glorious deus ex machina plot element is going to get Marika out of that marriage,

dani_dc

Nisekoi 185-186

That fight scene was pretty good.
If he were still doing Double Arts, we'd get more of these. :'(
Marika's mom is a piece of shit, but I'm sure we're going to get a happy ending out of this somehow?

We had a fake dating plot, now we'll have a fake engagement plot.

yami4ct

Tokyo Ghoul: Aogiri Arc-End + Re:Tokyo Ghoul 1-8

The Post Aogiri Tree arcs were absolutely amazing. I love where they take Kaneki's character and the moral questions that arise from that. An absolutely tense page turner. I also really dug that the series finally invested in making the CCG likable. The Akira/Amon stuff was a fascinating read and I can't believe they managed to turn Juuzou into kind of a sympathetic figure. The only thing I didn't like about these is the story kind of defanged Touka. She's one of my favorite characters and it was sad to see her just sort of have to stand around and do nothing.

We then get to the assault on Anteiku. Man. I have no clue how to feel about that. There was way too much going on. Far too many new CCG guys are introduced and it made it hard for the fights to have really good stakes. The action was awesome, but I could not help but feel let down by the execution of what could have been an amazing story. That it follows up with such a sudden "end" is an even bigger downer.

We then come up on a Re: Tokyo Ghoul and I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it kind of a huge disappointment so far. I hate what they seem to be doing with Kaneki. The amnesia story is such a massive copout. It feels like the author realized he was building up to a big ending, but had no idea how to avert it or continue past that. Instead, he just pushed a big reset button. The CCG stories are sort of interesting and there are some interesting plot threads, but I hate how much the story has slowed down. I assume it gets better, but it's sad to see the brakes get put on a series that has had such astonishing pacing so far.

One quick question, has the story said in the first few chapters how long has past between Tokyo Ghoul and Re? It's so hard to tell. Maybe I just missed it, but that one aspect has been bugging me a bit.

VRMN

Nisekoi 186

This chapter is titled "Why" since that's what everyone wants to ask Komi.

I wonder whatever ridiculously hamfisted glorious deus ex machina plot element is going to get Marika out of that marriage,

I want to think the answer is he won't, but he doesn't have the balls to give Marika an outright bad ending.

So yeah, ass pull it'll be.

Tomo-chan 150

Tomo whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy would you do that?!?!?!?!

Being tsundere is a curse, apparently. -___-

Rhapsody

Banned
Nisekoi 186

I probably don't have to scroll up for someone to why a "Why" joke do I?

I'm still waiting for some kind of twist, only because I have no idea how they'd solve this.

Tokyo Ghoul: Aogiri Arc-End + Re:Tokyo Ghoul 1-8

The Post Aogiri Tree arcs were absolutely amazing. I love where they take Kaneki's character and the moral questions that arise from that. An absolutely tense page turner. I also really dug that the series finally invested in making the CCG likable. The Akira/Amon stuff was a fascinating read and I can't believe they managed to turn Juuzou into kind of a sympathetic figure. The only thing I didn't like about these is the story kind of defanged Touka. She's one of my favorite characters and it was sad to see her just sort of have to stand around and do nothing.

We then get to the assault on Anteiku. Man. I have no clue how to feel about that. There was way too much going on. Far too many new CCG guys are introduced and it made it hard for the fights to have really good stakes. The action was awesome, but I could not help but feel let down by the execution of what could have been an amazing story. That it follows up with such a sudden "end" is an even bigger downer.

We then come up on a Re: Tokyo Ghoul and I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it kind of a huge disappointment so far. I hate what they seem to be doing with Kaneki. The amnesia story is such a massive copout. It feels like the author realized he was building up to a big ending, but had no idea how to avert it or continue past that. Instead, he just pushed a big reset button. The CCG stories are sort of interesting and there are some interesting plot threads, but I hate how much the story has slowed down. I assume it gets better, but it's sad to see the brakes get put on a series that has had such astonishing pacing so far.

One quick question, has the story said in the first few chapters how long has past between Tokyo Ghoul and Re? It's so hard to tell. Maybe I just missed it, but that one aspect has been bugging me a bit.

It's been pretty much about 3 years that have past. Honestly I understand where you're coming from with the Amnesia story because I too dislike that kind of storytelling, however in Re I feel it's necessary. The reason I say this is because in Tokyo Ghoul it was all about Kaneki being a Ghoul without realizing he's also human. Him forgetting who he truly is and just mimicking other personalities (Rize,Yamori). That's when at the end Kaneki told himself he needed to rest and reset himself into a clean plate. Which is why we're following Haise now who is Kaneki but without his stressful trauma. The name Haise means ash which symbolizes him rising from Kaneki. You could say that Haise is the Kaneki before he turned into a Ghoul and went through screwed up shit. I believe the author didn't do this plot line to copout but to help Kaneki progress in being the bridge between Humans and Ghouls which Yoshimura told him in the beginning of Tokyo Ghoul. With him being in CCG, it progresses that goal even if it's a little.

As for Re just a reminder that in the beginning the series has been gradually developing the story and characters slowly without rushing. It may seem really slow but it's worth it, plus the slow pacing is just like the old Tokyo Ghoul. Also the new characters introduced called the Qs will take time to get use to, however I assure you that they get a lot better. Once they start getting their character development they become much more enjoyable. Current chapters at the moment are hitting their stride with some big developments. So take your time while reading the series because there will be a lot of important information shown through dialogue, plus since its focusing on CCG there will be more characters introduced.

Also forgot to mention that the series is following the Fool's Journey starting from Tokyo Ghoul to Re which is one of the many reasons why the author restarted his series with a sequel.

yami4ct

It's been pretty much about 3 years that have past. Honestly I understand where you're coming from with the Amnesia story because I too dislike that kind of storytelling, however in Re I feel it's necessary. The reason I say this is because in Tokyo Ghoul it was all about Kaneki being a Ghoul without realizing he's also human. Him forgetting who he truly is and just mimicking other personalities (Rize,Yamori). That's when at the end Kaneki told himself he needed to rest and reset himself into a clean plate. Which is why we're following Haise now who is Kaneki but without his stressful trauma. The name Haise means ash which symbolizes him rising from Kaneki. You could say that Haise is the Kaneki before he turned into a Ghoul and went through screwed up shit. I believe the author didn't do this plot line to copout but to help Kaneki progress in being the bridge between Humans and Ghouls which Yoshimura told him in the beginning of Tokyo Ghoul. With him being in CCG, it progresses that goal even if it's a little.

As for Re just a reminder that in the beginning the series has been gradually developing the story and characters slowly without rushing. It may seem really slow but it's worth it, plus the slow pacing is just like the old Tokyo Ghoul. Also the new characters introduced called the Qs will take time to get use to, however I assure you that they get a lot better. Once they start getting their character development they become much more enjoyable. Current chapters at the moment are hitting their stride with some big developments. So take your time while reading the series because there will be a lot of important information shown through dialogue, plus since its focusing on CCG there will be more characters introduced.

Also forgot to mention that the series is following the Fool's Journey starting from Tokyo Ghoul to Re which is one of the many reasons why the author restarted his series with a sequel.

I'm totally fine giving Re some time and I get why it's doing a lot of what it's doing. It's just too bad that it really had to slow the awesome pace the story had going and rely on an overused plot device. If it ends up with Touka getting more time especially, I'm cool with it.

I also think I'm pretty salty because I disliked the Assault on Anteiku arc quite a bit.

Mousugu Shinu Hito 2

Man, this is a really mean set-up for romantic progress. These girls are going to be completely broken by the end if they aren't dead.

upandaway

Biscuit Hammer 36

Oh okay, so it's been happening over and over while he goes back in time every time he wins and they never won once? I wonder if winning once ends everything or just pushes him to the future again. Well I guess that won't matter if they do destroy the world after beating him.

I'd say the one with the most death flags right now is mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom