• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Soma 135

To focus on stuff that's not actually incest or shipping, I do also find it interesting that no one approached Isshiki to convince him.

I'm also super interested in Hisako being dismissed because this maybe means she gets more development and can stop being a little one note.

And the subtext to Erina and her dad's relationship doesn't bug me that much to be frank, as I don't think the manga is going that way at all. I think it's just using that imagery to make it even more dark and uncomfortable. I think he's just an emotionally manipulative monster, I don't think there is anything incest-y there.

Not my Fault I'm Not Popular 85

Oh Tomoko. You...seemed to be doing so well. Well, for you.

Edit: I'm not entirely certain why people are so worried about the series becoming stock or tropey after all this time when it's shown time and again it is very good at avoiding all that.

Honestly, it seems like he was approached. If you go by what happened, Isshiki changed the subject mighty fast after it was brought up or maybe it just has to do with his style of cooking. Maybe it's too homely or something.

Also for the Azami stuff, didn't the ex-director call him his son in the last chapter? Was he just saying that because he was part of the family before? Seems like it is his blood-linked son otherwise.

Honestly, it seems like he was approached. If you go by what happened, Isshiki changed the subject mighty fast after it was brought up or maybe it just has to do with his style of cooking. Maybe it's too homely or something.

Maybe. Only thing against that was Prince of Smoke specifically saying it, it's not like PoS asked and Isshiki dodged, he specifically said "Nobody approached you"

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Maybe. Only thing against that was Prince of Smoke specifically saying it, it's not like PoS asked and Isshiki dodged, he specifically said "Nobody approached you"
Yeah, but there's usually a follow up statement to that / some sort of acknowledgement, for a statement that bold anyways. Him just saying it's time for the meeting is kind of a dodge still. The dude is in the top 10, but yeah, who knows.

NY Times Manga Best Seller List for Sep 6 - 12 for September 6 - 12

*1. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*2. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*3. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*4. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*5. The Ancient Magus' Bride Vol.2
*6. Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls Vol.7
*7. Attack on Titan Vol.16
*8. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Vol.7
*9. Nisekoi: False Love Vol.11
10. Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign Vol.6

I'm glad The Ancient Magus Bride is doing well, such a great series.

*1. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*2. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*3. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*4. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1

No Tokyo ghoul comment? odd.

Team Owari no Serafu showing up always for these volumes, glad its doing so strong.

Zweizer

Banned
My Hero Academia ch59

That's a pretty great backstory, and the nature of One For All is nice as well. The story is finally getting a grander narrative as well.

*1. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*2. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*3. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*4. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1

Wish Master Keaton would connect with American audiences. Brilliantly out together and collections. Wish we got Billy Bat here.

upandaway

My Hero Academia

Grape is so good, I love that guy. Jacks girl is cool too.

Looking forward to summer camp. One for All is exactly what I predicted it would be, but I didn't expect the guy to still be the original bad guy.

I do think the bad guy's missing some kinda something, if he's just evil to be evil (and not like, to rule over the world, considering he wants to pass the torch) that's a bit too simplistic even for this manga. There's probably more to him.

Boku no Ashido is Best Girl 59

Wait...

...was that some foreshadowing? He mentioned how giving abilities to people with Quirks combines them or mutates them or whatever...and how the original brother had a quirk it just wasn't an apparent one that activates or anything.

...are they foreshadowing that Deku has a quirk too that just never activated because of what it does?
Doubt it since the doctor checked him out and said he definitely doesn't have one (he mentioned his body not having something that quirk users have if I remember right)

My Hero Academia ch59

That's a pretty great backstory, and the nature of One For All is nice as well. The story is finally getting a grander narrative as well.
Yeah but I feel like it was a bit of a missed opportunity to do a nice short flashback about it. The story feels really really nice and, plus it keeps the One for All lineage open to various smaller stories about what happened along the way. Maybe we'll get a flashback later since it was just All Might telling it off hand.

Sai

My Hero Academia

Doubt it since the doctor checked him out and said he definitely doesn't have one (he mentioned his body not having something that quirk users have if I remember right)
Wasn't there something peculiar about one of his hands though?

Youkai Apato no Yuuga na Nichijou 21

qbpk6T1.jpg

haha, having a photo sticker in his handbook

Boku no Hero Academia 58-59

Interesting
the origin of the two main powers and the big bad... which looked like the explosion man even though we only saw a silhouette and his eyes in that flashback

maybe he might give all his abilities to that explosion kid and make him his successor

Numb

Sekai Oni 91

The King is my type of dude. Let's see how much damage he does.

The Gamer 99

Just cos you are smart doesn't mean you are wise. MC is a dumbass sometimes. Atleast that witch is gettting some mystery around her now.

upandaway

Biscuit Hammer ch1-2

Its ok so far, not much going on. Big difference in art from his more recent manga. And now I know where the giant sky hammer is from.

upandaway

Biscuit Hammer v1

Huh, I didn't notice and it passed by. Just kinda chilling waiting for more things to be more directed, like besides random golems showing up.

Dog dude is cool, gonna wait until I see him fight though.

Jitsu wa Watashi Wa 92

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Edit: Biscuit Hammer da GOAT. Just keep reading. It seems very slow and subdued until you notice you're 50 chapters in and crying.

Edit x2: God dammit, every time someone mentions Lucifer and the Biscotti I start reading select chapters again and get emotional every fucking time. There are some specific arcs and chapters that are the best written in manga bar none. To affect me EVERY TIME I read it is astonishing. It is just...god, I would murder a thousand babies to get a good animated version of it.

Zweizer

Banned
My Hero Academia

Yeah but I feel like it was a bit of a missed opportunity to do a nice short flashback about it. The story feels really really nice and, plus it keeps the One for All lineage open to various smaller stories about what happened along the way. Maybe we'll get a flashback later since it was just All Might telling it off hand.

The flashback will most likely happen with All Might's inevitable downfall.

upandaway

Biscuit Hammer 14

Oh um. Damn.
Dog man died.

I was sorta entertaining the idea that he'll bite it when the golem showed up, because everything was lined up for the death perfectly (at least 5 solid death flags), but still... whoa. This is getting intense.

I suspect a lot of people will suffer the same fate in this

dani_dc

I assume it'll be compensated by Deku and possibly some other characters imitating some of his mannerisms.

I don't think you can fully imitate All Mighty, not unless this happens at end game and Deku acts like All Mighty in the prologue.

But it's way too early to be talking about end game.

LeleSocho

Banned
One thing i don't understand about OfA and AfO is that if OfA generated from AfO then AfO should have OfA power in it right? So AfO should be intrinsically better than OfA because it has OfA power plus all the others it absorbed.

AfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfA

upandaway

My Hero Academia

One thing i don't understand about OfA and AfO is that if OfA generated from AfO then AfO should have OfA power in it right? So AfO should be intrinsically better than OfA because it has OfA power plus all the others it absorbed.

AfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfAfOfA
I think if it gives someone the power than it loses it (also he's the same guy from the beginning so there wasn't generations of built up power)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom