• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
im starting to read stuff again

guess im gonna start rereading sakuranbo syndrome
BloodTrail.png

who are you?

Dragonball Super: holy shit Champa is the reason why Freeza got revived. He wiped out the majority of Freezas remaining army.

Beerus and Gokus punches can be felt throughout the universe.

Kibito and Supreme Kai unfused.

Why can't the regular TV show be this good?

Dragonball Super: Wait a second. BEERUS is not the god of destruction for the current universe, he's universe numbers 6's God of Destruction. Then what the fuck happened to #7s god of destruction?

Umibozu

81 diver 33-34
This series continues to make a disappointing level of progress.

Taki Takanosuke no Sanpo Jikan 7
I continue to enjoy the relaxing pace of this series. More light has been shed on the protagonist's past, and some ladies have made their return.

Magi 280

The plotting in this arc has been really poor in my opinion. Obviously the author can't really handle battles particularly well. Sasuke 2.0 is being pushed pretty hard, but I find his rise pretty unconvincing. Also, what was his brother up to going belly up like that? He should have been able to kill Hakuryu or whatever easily...Also, Aladdin has his beliefs but is somewhat of a hypocrite when it comes to his 'friends'...I mean Hakuryu has gone past the point of being particularly sympathetic...The guy has basically zero vision beyond getting his revenge, I am not sure why his brother, who seemed to have some sort of plan at least would ever have though Hakuryu was suitable for the position of emperor.

I hope we don't go the predictable route and he gets 'redeemed', or if he does, he already needs to atone for a hell of a lot...

sora87

Could anyone recommend me some cyberpunk manga that's affordable/easy to find (preferable on amazon)? I've got a real thirst for the genre recently.

Rhapsody

Banned
Domestic na Kanojo 65

We all figured it would turn out like this. Kinda hated how it all went down, but there was no avoiding it.

World Embryo 94-95

making him the big bad (even though it was out of necessarily) is kinda boring
and woo more sacrifices even though we're near the end!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tetsugaku Letra vol.5
Character development and level up. Nice to see the team finally did their show in front of peoples. They failed the audition, but they sure look so happy.

Tetsugaku Letra vol.6 end

Let me just say i'm satisfied with the ending.
Kimitaka finally meet with Fujimoto. Both of them lose their most important shoe, and both of them are caused by their growth. Kimitaka destroy his shoe heel thanks to his rigorous training, while Fujimoto lost her shoe after being stolen by one of the team member friend after Fujimoto become a starting member for their tournament. The final arc is about growing up and letting go, symbolized by both of them loosing their shoes. Instead, they gain something new from it. Kimitaka finally brave enough to meet with Fujimoto, and present to her the result of his training, using her red shoe for the last time.

The final scene show Kimitaka wearing new shoe, preparing himself to do another training. Life goes on.

Tokyo Ghoul:Re 45

Eddie-Murphy-Is-Not-Sure-About-His-Approval-Head-Nod.gif

That last page though.😮

This chapter was gold, but holy shit at that last page. Jesus Christ
Kanae looks completely destroyed not only mentally but physical. He has a fucking Kagune from Eto stuck in his back. That last page showed him with his eyes and mouth sewn together.
No one deserves that, especially having
multiple clocks ticking while you're half awake with your body all screwed up.
That's like a nightmare. I have to say Ishida is a brilliant artist and the way he uses colors is phenomenal.

RIP Tsukiyama family, it was nice knowing you.😞 This is going to be like the Anteiku raid all over again but with Tsukiyama suffering. Tsukiyama's karma is truly coming back to bite him. Seeing Mirumo's diary from the Vol 4 extra really showed how much he truly cares for his son Tsukiyama. As a parent he's going to sacrifice himself so Tsukiyama can live. Tsukiyama is going to have a long road of suffering. The double spreads were really amazing especially how expressive they were.

Akira is truly the holy mother of CCG. Anyway Tokyo Ghoul:Re has been hitting its stride so far, the plot is progressing really nicely. The anticipation for next week is killing me.

Also I forgot to mention but Haise has a empathy disorder like Will Graham from Hannibal, which is why he's able to copy others so easily.

Tetsugaku no Letra 21-22

Some nice developments for the characters. The grandpa backstory was so sad.

Also I am sad that there is just one more volume of this manga.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Nomi Joshi 1
A4-koma manga for those that like seeing adult woman getting drunk with her friend while talking about the bitterness of life. Also include miscellaneous recipe.

Anyone got Manga suggestions that involves people in some form of dangerous games (deadly or not) ?

Stuff like Liar Game, Gantz (early parts), Kamisama No Lutoori ?

Zweizer

Banned
Anyone got Manga suggestions that involves people in some form of dangerous games (deadly or not) ?

Stuff like Liar Game, Gantz (early parts), Kamisama No Lutoori ?

There's Nobuyuki Fukumoto's Kaiji and Akagi (and probably other series of his, but I haven't read them yet), Mirai Nikki, Kakegurui and Not Lives.

upandaway

There's Nobuyuki Fukumoto's Kaiji and Akagi (and probably other series of his, but I haven't read them yet), Mirai Nikki, Kakegurui and Not Lives.
Yeah definitely more Fukumoto. Zero and Gai come to mind.

And, well, while we're here... Biscuit Hammer, technically.

Yeah definitely more Fukumoto. Zero and Gai come to mind.

And, well, while we're here... Biscuit Hammer, technically.

Gambling Emperor Zero (first part only!) is the best Fukumoto manga, and indeed the best mind-games manga that I've read. The cleverness of the game scenarios and how they play out is incredible.

Yuusha ga Shinda! 33

ISAAAAAAACCCCCCCC

But hey, a whole nother party of heroes. We are...just introducing new characters left and right aren't we? MC being in Yuno's body is amusing just due to it's strength but I'm ready for this fake zombie arc to be over.

Fujiyama wa Shishunki 52

Thank god they make doujins for this cause the rate of their relationship progression is slow as heyell. Also, good lookin out kids. They knew what was up.

Miracle Hero-nim 3

"Deliver this poop to another country"
"But you said to deliver it here"
"Shut up, you're wrong"
*tiny Dark Lord comes out of the poop*

This webcomic has it all, really.

trash. 26

Mleh. Kinda garbage chapter though it was interesting that the black-haired girl managed to sneak up on our Gunsassin. That's kinda weird. Wanna see more of the superhero assassin though. She's funny in a horrible way.

Nanatsu no Taizai 141

Daw man! They just reconciled too! And oh shit, that ending page is super not good.

It is astonishing to me how strongly I can like and hate this manga at the same time.
When it focuses on the characters and backstories and not main threadline it can be pretty goddam good. Everything involving Ban is great. But oh my god, around Chapter 100 when it started being about Power Levels and the fights started being about them and nobody actually died? I don't know a single manga that has been bettered due to adding power level bullshit.

And as amusing as Captain smacking Garan down super quick was, it really destroyed an incredible amount of tension Garan's first appearance made. Like, that shit was super important for establishing the Ten Evil Dudes and then they kinda tossed it away.

I dunno. Every time I wanna stop reading it they have a good couple chapters to reel me back in and then fuck with me all over again.

Setsuji wo Pin! 18

OMG WHY ARE THEY SO CUTE
LOOKIT HOW TOO CUTE THEY ARE AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH

I also really like Watari's friend. She a boss. I really hope this dance goes well for them, that flashback for Watari broke my heart. ;____;

Mahou Shoujo Site 27

Stop killing cool looking characters with no build up! Quit it!

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul :re 45

Eto's talk no jutsus too stronk. Kanae deserved all that and more. I just hope there will be more to his role than just being sent in to fight Haise. That would be just a rehash of Takizawa. Can't really say I feel much for the Tsukiyama family, feeding Shuu alone means they murdered loads of people. It would be funny if Shuu got his sent to Cochlea, Haise would only need Banjou to complete his old team.

Zweizer

Banned
Fujiyama wa Shishunki 52

Thank god they make doujins for this cause the rate of their relationship progression is slow as heyell. Also, good lookin out kids. They knew what was up.

For real, I've been (delightfully) surprised by how many doujinshis this series has, lol.

I don't really mind the slow progress though. They're so cute in their daily life, and there's no real bullshit hindering it.

For real, I've been (delightfully) surprised by how many doujinshis this series has, lol.

I don't really mind the slow progress though. They're so cute in their daily life, and there's no real bullshit hindering it.

Yeah, that's true. It's cute and I like it but I guess I just read so many romance manga or manga that have romance that have the same iceberg progression that it wears thin after a while.

Even though it's seinen, they're still Japanese teens in a manga so to uphold public morals and decency laws so expecting any actual sexual exploration is a little unrealistic of me.

Karakuri Circus 190

Holy shit. I was not expecting that. Lucille you are stone-cold.

Tokyo Ghoul :Re - 45

Dang Kanae...Eto is too insane. Poor Tsukiyama family, I actually feel bad for him now.

Kingdom - 446
Kan Ki noticed that Shin and co failed, and then Ten got outplayed too easily...Unless she has a counter-plan for it

Revo

Detective Conan 932

If all those zombies are part of the coverup might be the most person coverup in the series

Kingdom 446

Wow Ten, I thought you were supposed to be a strategist. Getting rused hard here.

Tokyo Ghoul:re 45

ok i know the joke is that tokyo ghoul is edgy but that last page was actually really edgy

Kingdom 446

Wow Ten, I thought you were supposed to be a strategist. Getting rused hard here.

Tokyo Ghoul:re 45

ok i know the joke is that tokyo ghoul is edgy but that last page was actually really edgy

It's not like it was the first time we saw someone get tortured.

Plus it tells us that you shouldn't fuck with Eto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom