• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Boku to Kimi no Taisetsu na Hanashi 01

the love story of a guy who doesn't get the point of a relationship and a girl who doesn't understand them but wants to be in one

so doki doki and dorkyness

New Robiko's manga? Nice!

OMFG YESSS

Maybe this means faster translations when it gets popular! (I wish)

From where I'm sitting (with localized volumes in hand) I'd say that the wordiness of the volumes/chapters and shogi stuff is what might keep the fantranslations being slow, more than popularity.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 289-301.5 (END)
MK5QTo1.png
Unlike many adjacent lunatics who have made their wisely sheepish fruit abhorrent to us, maestros remain wobbly. The bride behind a fetishist dances with the polite cup, or the labyrinth beyond a shadow secretly admonishes a tea party. My saintly varlet took the soup living with some trombone (with another stalactite, a few bonbons, and a dilettante related to a boy) to arrive at a state of intimacy where we can almost somewhat graduate from our bodice ripper. Meanwhile, a taxidermist siding with the cigar requires a coffee break, and a womanly impresario eagerly pours freezing cold water onto the ribbon from the swamp. Sometimes the tenor behind a hand wakes up, but a bubble near some snow always buries the gazebo.

I should've expected something like this after the Katte ni Kaizo ending. But I don't think even a lifetime of contemplative analysis and meditative training could've prepared me for what I just read.

I can't even think right now. Seriously. What.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dungeon Meshi 11
Multicultural holy water + spirit = Sorbet.
It somehow make sense...
Laius need to learn to shut his mouth.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

You'd think Koyuki would get the hint given that she immediately could tell he has the hots for Aoi

Also, Sara out of luck yet again

Fuuka

Jeez Koyuki, points for acting on your feelings but you gotta know when to fold your hand.

If your history with Yuu, plus you not so stealthily giving his band a push, plus two confessions AND a kiss resulted in that reaction from him...it's over. Whoever Yuu ends up with, it's not gonna be you.

EDIT: And that's without mentioning her being a jackass to Yuu and his band before the show then coming back all smiles now. Tama (the real one) did that shit too. Getting real sick of the famous characters treating people like shit because of "their stage presence" and then acting like they didn't become a diva douche after. If you're going to be a famous "I don't have time for you plebs" jerk at least own it like Nico, I'd tell em to fuck off at that point.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka 78

I know how this will end. Poor Tama-chan. Why do the best girls always lose? :(

I think its hilarious that Tama is losing so hard, actually. Its her own fault for not taking the hint that he doesn't like her back anymore.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Chapter 2
tumblr_nv1e524fTJ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Wow Sawatari is so good. Too bad I think he will lose since yuuya oniichan is about to arrive somehow. Im surprised Yuuto is so weak. That wont be too good for Yuugo and Yuuri probably.

Does anyone know what US Jump chapter had YGO Arc V chapter 1 I've seen it nowhere online and I'd rather pay a dollar for a back issue so I can be caught up then wait for someone to finally fan translate it

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Does anyone know what US Jump chapter had YGO Arc V chapter 1 I've seen it nowhere online and I'd rather pay a dollar for a back issue so I can be caught up then wait for someone to finally fan translate it

August 24th 2015 issue.

August 24th 2015 issue.

Thanks broski!

US Shonen Jump 9/21/15

Samon the Summoner 1

I don't know what to make of this, the series gives the impression it'll mostly be a gag manga with the occasional fight, but the ending flat out says "this was the first summoner battle I saw" implying battles will be rather common in the series. The idea of a evil summoner trying to corrupt an honest to goodness good person could be fun but I never really laughed or even smiled at any of the jokes. The art style is also pretty bland and neither lead really interest me. Unless it radically shakes things up this is probably going direct to dumpster.

One Piece 801

Oda da gawd with another fantastic arc ending chapter, Luffy's alliance refusing the refusal was great.

Toriko 339

So before like 10 chapters ago was there any hint of Aracia being the final antagonist of the series or is this a recent development? Also for a battle between two of the strongest in the series this battle has gone nowhere fast.

Mononofu 2

So Shinobu is both hilariously bad at Shogi but very gifted when he can focus his narrow view on a specific goal. I feel like the author would have been better off making this a manga about using shogi to teach someone with a mental deficiency how to best make use of their skill set instead of being a sports manga about shogi.

My Hero Academia 59

So an end game goal/final baddie has been introduced, though I get the impression we're a long way from getting to that. Great chapter

World Trigger 116

They basically laid it on thick that Neighbor guy is gonna join the team. They also brought up the fact Yuma doesn't have long to live I wonder if the author will have the guts to kill off Yuma either in the finale or before the series concludes or if finding a way to save him will become a major plot point in the future.

Black Clover 30

So small eating girl falls for the duetrotagonist and Asta gains another rival this time from one of the most powerful characters in the series. Its nice to see Asta starting to get the respect for his skills others were trying to neglect him of. Would have rather seen Asta team up with Fegoleon as opposed to tagging out but its still early in the series.

Shokugeki No Soma 135

Hisako to join Polar Star and truth bombs to be dropped next week. This series just continues to excel easily one of the best in Jump.

Nisekoi 186

Raku just failed at talk no jutsu he's an even worse protagonist then Naruto :p I am glad Mom called out Raku for being a hypocrite not willing to marry Marika but wanting to have her around him.

Dungeon Meshi 11

I will no longer underestimate what they can and cannot eat.

Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary 22

Why does everyone bully mono-eye ):

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: JoJolion 47

cd7KZr1.png

Short chapter but this new guy looks like an ally to me. The daughter doesn't even give a shit, saying "We've only had sex two times" right in front of her father.

So is this special bonus chapter of Bakumen designed for idiots like me who haven't read Bakumen or is it meant for fans to fill in details the original manga didn't cover?

Yu Gi Oh Arc V 1-2

Man this is radically different from anime version it barely feels like the same series. I like action cards being limited to only 4 per duel and only 1 per turn in terms of gameplay balance but it kind of eliminates the need for all the platforming and running around that made the anime so much fun to watch.

Yu Gi Oh Arc V 1-2

Man this is radically different from anime version it barely feels like the same series. I like action cards being limited to only 4 per duel and only 1 per turn in terms of gameplay balance but it kind of eliminates the need for all the platforming and running around that made the anime so much fun to watch.

I dont see how it eliminates the need by basing it off a first chapter with the action cards being in kind of easy places to get too. Based on how wide the action field is in this and looking towards the horizon for possibilities, they could easily have action cards be placed in nefarious places.

So is this special bonus chapter of Bakumen designed for idiots like me who haven't read Bakumen or is it meant for fans to fill in details the original manga didn't cover?

The only gap it seemed to fill was the scene with Hiramaru making a cameo selling that product to the school and desiring the car. I guess Shujin's friends is a thing otherwise this was all hinted in flashbacks before.

I dont see how it eliminates the need by basing it off a first chapter with the action cards being in kind of easy places to get too. Based on how wide the action field is in this and looking towards the horizon for possibilities, they could easily have action cards be placed in nefarious places.

After 2 turns both players have used 2 action cards meaning there are none left for the rest of the duel. Even with only 4000 life points most duels go longer then that. Also by having a 1 per turn limit there's no reason I can gather to keep running around after you've found your 1 card and once all 4 cards are gone running is completely pointless.

The only gap it seemed to fill was the scene with Hiramaru making a cameo selling that product to the school and desiring the car. I guess Shujin's friends is a thing otherwise this was all hinted in flashbacks before.

So the answer to my question is yes, I could read this without having read Bakumen but it'd be in my interest to do so because this fills in gaps that were only previously hinted at in the original manga.

Food Wars! 135
CPdUu0lWcAA3l4_.png

Best reaction to the whole events going on. I just fervently hope that he wont be pegged as an enemy of totsuki or at least remains on the good side.

Only issue with Azami is he feels like a clone of Board Chairman of Kunugigaoka Junior High School.

Revo

Sousei no Onmyouji 13-14

Once her legs went poof it was obvious she'd get impurity limbs
gonna be super duper friends with that basara

Thanks broski!

US Shonen Jump 9/21/15

Samon the Summoner 1

I don't know what to make of this, the series gives the impression it'll mostly be a gag manga with the occasional fight, but the ending flat out says "this was the first summoner battle I saw" implying battles will be rather common in the series. The idea of a evil summoner trying to corrupt an honest to goodness good person could be fun but I never really laughed or even smiled at any of the jokes. The art style is also pretty bland and neither lead really interest me. Unless it radically shakes things up this is probably going direct to dumpster.

One Piece 801

Oda da gawd with another fantastic arc ending chapter, Luffy's alliance refusing the refusal was great.

Toriko 339

So before like 10 chapters ago was there any hint of Aracia being the final antagonist of the series or is this a recent development? Also for a battle between two of the strongest in the series this battle has gone nowhere fast.

Mononofu 2

So Shinobu is both hilariously bad at Shogi but very gifted when he can focus his narrow view on a specific goal. I feel like the author would have been better off making this a manga about using shogi to teach someone with a mental deficiency how to best make use of their skill set instead of being a sports manga about shogi.

My Hero Academia 59

So an end game goal/final baddie has been introduced, though I get the impression we're a long way from getting to that. Great chapter

World Trigger 116

They basically laid it on thick that Neighbor guy is gonna join the team. They also brought up the fact Yuma doesn't have long to live I wonder if the author will have the guts to kill off Yuma either in the finale or before the series concludes or if finding a way to save him will become a major plot point in the future.

Black Clover 30

So small eating girl falls for the duetrotagonist and Asta gains another rival this time from one of the most powerful characters in the series. Its nice to see Asta starting to get the respect for his skills others were trying to neglect him of. Would have rather seen Asta team up with Fegoleon as opposed to tagging out but its still early in the series.

Shokugeki No Soma 135

Hisako to join Polar Star and truth bombs to be dropped next week. This series just continues to excel easily one of the best in Jump.

Nisekoi 186

Raku just failed at talk no jutsu he's an even worse protagonist then Naruto :p I am glad Mom called out Raku for being a hypocrite not willing to marry Marika but wanting to have her around him.
For a second there I was like: Wait did I miss a chapter of One Piece, and then I realized you just typoed 800.

Acacia being a big bad in Toriko was foreshadowed ever since the end of the Midora-Ichiryuu fight

After 2 turns both players have used 2 action cards meaning there are none left for the rest of the duel. Even with only 4000 life points most duels go longer then that. Also by having a 1 per turn limit there's no reason I can gather to keep running around after you've found your 1 card and once all 4 cards are gone running is completely pointless.

So the answer to my question is yes, I could read this without having read Bakumen but it'd be in my interest to do so because this fills in gaps that were only previously hinted at in the original manga.

That's true, but it's also the type of visual spectacle that works better in anime anyways, so having it play less of a role in the manga really doesn't bother me

Toriko 339

Some hints... some actual leads and some pieces that when added together made it all connect
Like Ichiyruu telling Midora that Acacia anticipated Frozhe's death and used Midora for... (then he was killed)

Acacia since waaaaaaaaaay early on was known to have given God to only the world's top the added panels of the author focusing on the wealthy and their investments towards space travel/tourism
Blah,Blah,Blah Nitros talking about him.... blah, Joa hinting towards someone waiting

I have to look through my volumes to actually find the other ones but things have been adding up and connecting with one another from arc to arc
like how the GT robo's are shaped like Nitro's, peoples attacks being shown via Easter Eggs 50-60 chapters prior (Setsuno and Midora during the end of the Century Soup arc)
Surprisingly this series has a ton of foreshadowing.... After I've been doing a re-read with the purchase of the series volumes you find a bunch of things hidden away (like the routes to the Gourmet World) behind the main focus of fights and hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom