• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a second there I was like: Wait did I miss a chapter of One Piece, and then I realized you just typoed 800.

Acacia being a big bad in Toriko was foreshadowed ever since the end of the Midora-Ichiryuu fight

Chapter I wish we were on :|

That's true, but it's also the type of visual spectacle that works better in anime anyways, so having it play less of a role in the manga really doesn't bother me

I get that, at the same time with it downplayed the whole cocept of action duels might as well be thrown out the window.

Chapter I wish we were on :|

I get that, at the same time with it downplayed the whole cocept of action duels might as well be thrown out the window.

I mean, I'd be fine with that honestly. Action duels were always kind of bullshit. Though yeah, maybe have a bit more than 4 cards if you're going to do it. A finite amount isn't necessarily bad, but they probably could afford a few more

LeleSocho

Banned
Toriko 339

So before like 10 chapters ago was there any hint of Aracia being the final antagonist of the series or is this a recent development? Also for a battle between two of the strongest in the series this battle has gone nowhere fast.

Acacia being the big bad was clear the moment Frohze showed up

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Nomi Joshi 1 - 8

A manga about drinking, this speaks to me.

Art's cute. Michiko's pretty great. Will keep reading.

Revo

Plunderer 8

So we got war choppers with seemingly unwilling kid pilots coming out of abyss holes into a less modern world which has a government/army that is actively suppressing this information by killing off anyone (who doesn't have sufficient clearance i presume) who seems this happen.

And our MC at some point in his career was related to the group that is doing the suppression.

And the most important thing is that jail got shot, pls don't die jail

Revo

Assassination Classroom 156

bitch sensei went hard with all those lines
inching closer and closer to the time end

Droplet

tumblr_m8r55puT031qzlozwo1_1280.jpg

blue 1-10 (End)

A one volume manga by Kiriko Nananan that explores the relationship between two girls who attend an all-girls high school. One is an introvert who wants to go to Tokyo to study art, whereas the other has vague ideas of wanting to leave but is suffering from her love of a married man whose child she aborted. Although the art and page layouts are largely simplistic, leaving wide areas of blank space and occasional pages with nothing but text, it's very effective with its story and actually quite evocative. I'll definitely be reading more from this author in the future.

blue 1-10 (End)

A one volume manga by Kiriko Nananan that explores the relationship between two girls who attend an all-girls high school. One is an introvert who wants to go to Tokyo to study art, whereas the other has vague ideas of wanting to leave but is suffering from her love of a married man whose child she aborted. Although the art and page layouts are largely simplistic, leaving wide areas of blank space and occasional pages with nothing but text, it's very effective with its story and actually quite evocative. I'll definitely be reading more from this author in the future.

Yooooooo that sounds super interesting. I'm definitely reading this tomorrow. Today. Later today.

Droplet

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 45

Such drama, and I have so few fucks to give. Just get on with the Uka/Touka so I can be happy this has ended already!

Akatsuki no Yona 104-105

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck ;_;

The dragons' backstories are really one of the best parts of this series, a shame we're pretty much done with them all now so we're probably going to get more awkward and boring romance between Yona and her creepy bodyguard.

Shengar

Dungeon Meshi is a quite strange series I might write something more about it later.

I should changed my avatar to Lady Lexington too.

Tizoc

I'm thinking of checking out Akame ga kill.
Which is the better option anime or manga or both? I see the manga is ongoing but the anime finished?

I have a LINE now: phillipcostigan

let's make a mangaGAF group so I can talk to you guys

also, trying to find time to read Akai mi Hajiketa but the world is conspiring against me:

A8xDEwg.png

there's that half an hour where I can actually do work and am not in meetings.

I see thanks, on its own though is the anime worth watching?
Will start reading the manga soon though.

For sure, its not a terrible gekko ending and its only like the last 4.5 episodes the rest of it is fairly faithful to the manga and is very enjoyable.

Usobuko

Banned
blue 1-10 (End)

The only thing that's a shame about Kiriko Nananan is her art. While unique and stands out from the rest, the facial character design tend to be a little samey. For me, what makes or breaks for this kind of manga are the dialogues and they are stellar here. Pensive mood that are expressed in a natural manner.

Dungeon Meshi is a quite strange series I might write something more about it later.

I should changed my avatar to Lady Lexington too.

Welcome back! Please share with us your thoughts on Dungeon Meshi.

Peco

blue 1-10 (End)

Don't bother reading Itaitashii Love, it's not that good, even for a collection of short stories. Kabocha to Mayonnaise on the other hand is great! Not on the levels of Blue but still extremely enjoyable.

dani_dc

Fuuka 78

Why is Tama still doing it?
At least we're going to have delicious painful Seo drama soon!

I have a LINE now: phillipcostigan

let's make a mangaGAF group so I can talk to you guys

also, trying to find time to read Akai mi Hajiketa but the world is conspiring against me:

A8xDEwg.png

there's that half an hour where I can actually do work and am not in meetings.

Might work better than Skype!

For anyone that wants to add me on Line: danieldemorais

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom