• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Yeah, that's true. It's cute and I like it but I guess I just read so many romance manga or manga that have romance that have the same iceberg progression that it wears thin after a while.

Even though it's seinen, they're still Japanese teens in a manga so to uphold public morals and decency laws so expecting any actual sexual exploration is a little unrealistic of me.

At least unlike most romance manga devoid of progression they've already hooked up! That's a start!

At least unlike most romance manga devoid of progression they've already hooked up! That's a start!

I know, I'm eternally grateful for that. I think I still follow it cause it gives me such an enormous deja vu of Lovely Complex and that shit is my fave romcom of all time.

Real Account 26

People store some odd files on their phones, compensated dating professor teacher didnt need to keep that on his phone. The girl with all the nudes as well why so many.

Color page was hot. I need an anime today.
CPYYeW9WEAEU7ba.png

Itohen 01-06

A jobless college graduate comes across the perfect dress in a store's window. She must have it and after finds out she can't pay for it, decides to work in the store under the handsome tailor.

Besides learning a whole bunch about sewing and tailoring, this was an enjoyable series. A shame it was short, I enjoyed the two leads. It kinda felt like it was building up to something but even though there wasn't much resolution, Unita Yumi does another great series.

Magi 280

The seven Sea alliance smiling like children for a execution.... twisted people

Also lol that Kouen finally fixed Hakriyuu's limbs after how long
but the fact that he had to sacrifice his own limbs :/

Now he lost everyone he actually overly cared for..... he was also going to kill himself

Sinbad is laughing either way

Nanatsu No Taizai 141

Dang she got revived... and her body didn't rot so she is going to become some evil plot device

DBSuper 4

If the universe felt that Shockwave you'd think the planet would blow up.... maybe the wave was at a certain frequency

The only reason to watch Dragons Rioting is to see all the MC's ridiculous escape techniques. Never stops making me laugh. Then they have like, a plot and shit, and I sorta tune out.

Sousei no Onmyoji 1

Holy shit 13 pages in and I'm down so hard. "Rokurou-kun...is there anything good about you?" And then his family fucking coming up with that shit. Oh god that was hilarious.

Usobuko

Banned
Anyone got Manga suggestions that involves people in some form of dangerous games (deadly or not) ?

Stuff like Liar Game, Gantz (early parts), Kamisama No Lutoori ?

Alice in Borderland.

This isn't going to convince you so I'll add that the games follow a system. They are being divided as suits of a Poker deck. It also gets increasingly difficult based on the numbers of the cards. Like Ace being easiest and so on.

Spade - Physical
Diamond - Intellectual
Hearts - Psychological
Club - All-Rounded

It's my favourite surival games manga based on two things. How well the games are designed and the characters. They are more developed, grounded and relatable.

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 18-19

noooo, swordsmith guy

then, some little brother I don't remember having any importance

then, then boobs

Droplet

Magi 280

Everyone loses but Sinbad and company.

Adventure of Sinbad 75

Is this arc almost over? I'm getting intrigued by the economics but I'd feel less weird about it if they were talking about something aside from slaves.

Seshiji o Pin! to - Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso 1-18

God this is soooo cute. The president's character design is a little terrifying and I'm struggling to rationalize the reason behind it, but otherwise it's a joy to read. The two main kids are adorable.

Rhapsody

Banned
Boku to Kimi no Taisetsu na Hanashi 1

Well... that's not exactly what I expected. Super short chapter. Also the leg hair thing.

Robico's art is still nice though.

The only reason to watch Dragons Rioting is to see all the MC's ridiculous escape techniques. Never stops making me laugh. Then they have like, a plot and shit, and I sorta tune out.

Sousei no Onmyoji 1

Holy shit 13 pages in and I'm down so hard. "Rokurou-kun...is there anything good about you?" And then his family fucking coming up with that shit. Oh god that was hilarious.

Twin Star Exorcists is great. Please buy it.

Zephyx

Prison School 191

If this manga doesn't end up with Hana x Kiyoshi, I'll be really disappointed. They're just perfect together.

Soma 135

Backstory time I guess. Hope we can get some info on the past of Soma's dad.

Revo

DICE 113

I'm not kidding myself that the dice won't go to taebin right after the reveal of him needing 4 abilities.

plus is eunju she'd mess up anway

Busaiku

So I caught up on Prison School, and I'm confused about something regarding the Kate trap and stuff.
Who planted the peppers and mushrooms? Was it actually Hana or Mari?
I dunno, the chapters were out of order a lot so I mixed up or missed some stuff.

Also, not a whole lot happened really.
Did not expect so many flashback fillers (of previous chapters, not the younger days). Did Toei produce this.

Seven Deadly Sins 141

Calling this right now, it's not Elaine, it's Ban's dead sister that's mad because her brother couldn't keep her alive and chose to live forever instead of being reunited with her. Or something/

upandaway

Tomo-chan

He's on a roll right now. The only way she can win is to outdo him and disrupt the disruptor.

If this continues on something's bound to progress. Someone will slip up and break the status quo.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tomochan 152
Please don't fuck this up...

Saike mata shitemo 15
This dude kill himself 42 times to ensure his childhood friend get a good haircut. That is one hell of a dedication.

Sousei no omyouji 14
Suddenly power up from your enemy

Arabesque

Magi 280

Well. There it is.

I'll have more thoughts about this once the last 2 chapters before the timeskip are out, but I think the Kou Empire arc had been pretty good. In particular to where Hakuryuu ended up now, and where the major players end up after all had been said and done.

Even if there were something's I don't like how Shinbou decided to end up doing, I still appreciate the reasoning behind it. And the goal is still something I agree with.

Also, what was his brother up to going belly up like that? He should have been able to kill Hakuryu or whatever easily...Also, Aladdin has his beliefs but is somewhat of a hypocrite when it comes to his 'friends'...I mean Hakuryu has gone past the point of being particularly sympathetic...

It's really simple.

1)Kouen never wanted to be king/emperor, and only went with the flow cause he was terrified over Gyokuen killing him

2) Kouen had always been a push over deep down. He likes to put on airs about being the man in charge, but it's always been an act. When push comes to shove, he'll be the first one on the run.

Hakuryuu's plan had resulted in many deaths, but sadly it was the only way to save Kou at that point after Kouen decided sucking his thumb and following Empress Gyokuen's orders for world domination were a "good idea". As for Aladdin becoming his Magi, it's more to try and figure out a different path from the one Sinbad is now driving the world towards. And the potential of Hakuryuu becoming a good ruler (which he certainly has the aptitude for).

The guy has basically zero vision beyond getting his revenge, I am not sure why his brother, who seemed to have some sort of plan at least would ever have though Hakuryu was suitable for the position of emperor.

"Seemed to have some sort of plan" is exactly what Kouen had. The impression he had an inclination about what he was going to do about Gyokuen and Al Thamen in the far, distant future.

i.e. Kouen had no plans. Hakuryuu is a better candidate than Kouen simply because he tried to do something to solve his country's most pressing problem.

Magi 280

The seven Sea alliance smiling like children for a execution.... twisted people

As much as we like to pretend otherwise, when war criminals are put on to be publicly executed, people are going to be happy. Especially in this setting of older cultures.

And it's fitting, given the man on the stand is twisted enough.

wonzo

Banned
Hayachine 8-17

was gonna drop this but it's really been knocking it outta the park with these last few chapters. really good stuff

Happiness 8

shit finally got real

Revo

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga 54

The x do bad things to humans so we should exterminate them arguments are always so lame, at least you gotta go full extermination and completely cleanse the world of everyone and everything who doesn't agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom