• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plastic Nee-san

c6ff76a7-8f31-47ac-a067-a1a2e3888dea_zpsadyz6kik.png

Usobuko

Banned
The only thing that surprises me from Shokugeki no Soma is the amount of posting it gets from GAF. It's a passable, enjoyable shonen about cooking, but there isn't a lot of stuff to discuss about the plot. The answer of 'What is going to happen to X?' is: They are going to have a fucking cooking duel.

Jeez.

Haha. Soma discussion is the meta here.

The only thing that surprises me from Shokugeki no Soma is the amount of posting it gets from GAF. It's a passable, enjoyable shonen about cooking, but there isn't a lot of stuff to discuss about the plot. The answer of 'What is going to happen to X?' is: They are going to have a fucking cooking duel.

Jeez.

What else are we suppose to discuss on a weekly basis?

Oxirane

It's going to end up that evil Azami was just an imposter in a mask all along, and that the real one is working in the background to help Erina and Gramps.

I just wonder what equivalent of the weapons factions from HSDK will be used in Shokugeki no Soma.

I know people who read manga are used to disappointment but you'd figure the way Soma has handled it's characters thus far we'd have a little more faith in the author not to fuck it up. Soma's not exactly a normal shonen protagonist and he's never "saved" anyone before now so I'm not sure why people think he's suddenly going to become a white knight and Erina a wilted flower.

I'm reading Ajin and that other manga by the same author about murder skyscrapers and boy howdy does he sure like making his protagonists secret cold-blooded murder machines.

Edit: Dunno if I can handle a Murata drawing of Cammy or C. Viper.

Kieli

All y'all were complaining that Soma never loses, and Soma lost to Sniffs-Cinnamon-to-Get-High.

So I dunno, mang, I dunno...

All y'all were complaining that Soma never loses, and Soma lost to Sniffs-Cinnamon-to-Get-High.

So I dunno, mang, I dunno...

they also complained about Erina but low and behold apparently she was brainwashed and isolated as a child

Hating on Soma and is official Waifu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Shouta

Azami will be a huge dick in a way that affects him and his actual friends negatively, I imagine. I don't see him just "saving" Erina because why would he? He doesn't really have a hero complex as far as I can tell. He's gonna do it, but I doubt it will be a direct response to Senzubean asking for it.

There's also the open question of why the fuck he thinks Soma can do this as opposed to Hisako or Alice, both of whom are actual friends/family of Erina.

I think it's specifically because he's not friends with Erina but has an impact on her that makes him the person to ask. He's basically the opposite of what Erina is, a regular boy from a family run restaurant that cooks because he loves it and wants everyone to enjoy eating. He has no preconceptions about what food is and he works hard at it.

Hisako is Erina's friend but she also simply wants to impress Erina. Alice hasn't been in the picture for that long but has help a little bit to remove her from her shell. Getting pulled back suddenly is gonna need something drastic to pull her back. I'm sure getting her sense of taste assaulted by Yukihira's will help her snap out of it, lol.

Gakkuo Gurashi

.....well.

It's certainly interesting.

I think it's specifically because he's not friends with Erina but has an impact on her that makes him the person to ask. He's basically the opposite of what Erina is, a regular boy from a family run restaurant that cooks because he loves it and wants everyone to enjoy eating. He has no preconceptions about what food is and he works hard at it.

Hisako is Erina's friend but she also simply wants to impress Erina. Alice hasn't been in the picture for that long but has help a little bit to remove her from her shell. Getting pulled back suddenly is gonna need something drastic to pull her back. I'm sure getting her sense of taste assaulted by Yukihira's will help her snap out of it, lol.

I'm just waiting for the revelation that Soma and Erina has met when they were kids. Makes a lot of sense, honestly.

People around me were talking about the latest Nanatsu no Taizai chapters and about Ban and Elaine having to maybe fight each other in the future and I am like....

Were is my Escanor? Oh mangaka of Nanatsu

You Promised....
but seriously Why the is he? They keep on delaying it.

lol if there is another arc after this one without Escanor

Revo

Re:Marina 46-49

Well, at least it's over

Only good thing was marina, sometimes. Everything else was garbo/annoying/super annoying

Tomo-chan 1-20

Wandering warrior? lol I am dead
I can't believe I didn't even try and read this series.... this trio is great

Alas I am afraid of catching up since one chapter is technically 1 script... oh well time to sleep

Re:Marina 46-49/end
My god that was truly a shit ending, one of the worst axed endings I've seen in awhile. Truly there is almost nothing redeeming about the whole manga, I guess if I had to say something positive I would say I liked the general art style of the manga.

Tomo-chan 21-40

I was suppose to sleep but sleep I for the weak... So the dude Jun actually does have feelings

awww..... lol when he pushed Misuzu out in the rain when she tossed him the what if scenario of Tomo getting a BF

Also that other guy is a added bonus to the group...... series is moving to fast

Soma 136

Yessss my ship is taking off. Erina's awesome. And I highly doubt soma is actually going to "save" her. I think he's more likely to make her snap out of being scared so she stands up to her dad herself.

"Souma, I know Azami's an adult, and clearly in charge of everything... so I'm asking you to do the one thing you can, get a piece of that ass."
the internet is a real beauty man.

dumbyugi

Finally caught up with Prison School. I stopped a bit after the first Ouroboros. Man it just got better from there. Hana/Kiyoshi is the best couple, Hana is best girl and Chairman continues to be best arse.

Apath

Blame The Pillows record company. The author already have anime offer by Gainax, but the author and whoever responsible decide that if they're going to do it, they need to use The Pillows as the ost. Alas, the company didn't allow it, and the funding goes to make "Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt"

Maybe someday one of Mizukami Satoshi works get an anime

Great analysis.

Though as far as character goes, i can forgive the fact that the character is generic since the manga is more of a sitcom set in a dungeon. Maybe the author will expand their character more as they go deeper into the dungeon, but for now, it'll do. But dang, why the hate for the elf yo? She's this manga punchline and absolutely hilarious to watch

Yotsuba 90- Look at this cute shit. I kind of agree with whoever felt like we're getting ready for a time skip, though maybe that's because I would super love to see grown up yotsuba. Wouldn't be a smart move, but damn if I don't want to see it.

This straight up haunts me everyday. I could actually get my friends to watch an anime of it...
It really didn't happen because of a band called The Pillows not willing to do the OST?Such a shame. It really is fantastic in every way and would adapt perfectly.

The Moonlight that Surrounds me

IwG8f43.png

I just read this in the last days. In fact in "preparation", I went and read PSME for the second time, as I did it enough years ago to be able to enjoy it again with some surprises, and hey, it's one of my favorites shoujos.

I know it was going to have a different style to PSME, just looking at the covers and reading the first chapter. And yeah, it's different, a minor work in comparison. I still enjoyed it more or less and some parts were good, but you know, it can't be compared. It makes you think that as much as fans naturally want to see the previous protagonists as adults and for their adventure to continue, Saki Hiwatari's talents are a bit wasted here, and maybe it would have been better to move on and gives us a totally new story. I mean, she has used 10 years of her life in this fanservice driven work which maybe wasn't needed, the story of the characters was really told already.

It's all more "happy" and girly, with the focus on some cute little children living some silly adventures and being a bit stupid and innocent, as kids are, but very moe and huggable. It starts being mainly episodic, though in the second part it goes heavy on more longer and a bit more dramatic arcs, but in neither the author reaches heights of the original work. There is never true tension or danger in here. It's also much more bawwy, at some point it's rare to read a chapter without some character crying of happiness, so much it starts to feel not very serious, even if each scene is in theory earned.

If she really wanted to work on same story, I think Rin in high school's life, having a girlfriend being so much older than him and with a baby coming would have been potentially hilarious and more original.

Zweizer

Banned
Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan #3

Yeah, she's not very good at being a big sister, lol.

Huh, didn't know you could do that with negi. It looks easier than I thought, which makes me want to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom