• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that how Grimace got tagged?
lol never noticed Grimace tag

who knows.... I know there was a fellow gaffer called Scy who posted on here that was some people's back up food source (maybe that is why Scy ran away)
Panda was/is a robot and Idk if he was human before since I haven't been on MangaGAF since the beginning

apparently it was even worse during the starting years... people died or something
Then after all that there was smut

Sadly there are way less posters now
Naruto? Naruto.
there is a thread for that so choas happened there

alas I believe even that thread has now gotten lukewarm
i remember shitposting about toriko

good times

don't remind me I don't want Wonzo to show up

Revo

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 182

well hard to not look at someone else when you return 0 of his glances and basically only interact with her

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I decided to catch up with WanPisu.

Whats this about bankais?

Zweizer

Banned
The Laughing Vampire by Suehiro Maruo

During troubling times, a hideous woman is accused of being a monster and then lynched. Reborn as a vampire, she quietly slips back into society and prey upon ordinary people, and then she meets a certain young boy...

eheBiSp.jpg

If there is one word I'd pick to describe it, it'd be decadence. Most of the people depicted are indeed incredibly depraved, yet they hide within, live in and are a part of society. Despite the danger that vampires pose, they aren't always the worst scum there is in this black and gray world.

Suehiro Maruo's art works pretty well at bringing out the menacing atmosphere throughout, and although it's not the most detailed or stylish of his works, it overall makes for a decent gory and spooky story.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Toriko shitposting will probably start up again thanks to the boneheaded move of the latest chapter...

Something about "awakening".

Doflamingo's Devil Fruit is also "awakened". He can turn other objects into strings.

Ah, right, I forgot about that. Yeah, I believe it is similar to the Zoan guards in Impel Down. It's also probably what Akainu and Aokiji did to turn the Punk Hazard landscape into what it became.

Amazing I can remember obscure details from years ago but not something that happened months ago, Dressrosa is a blur to me

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ah, right, I forgot about that. Yeah, I believe it is similar to the Zoan guards in Impel Down. It's also probably what Akainu and Aokiji did to turn the Punk Hazard landscape into what it became.

That makes sense.
I'm curious what Luffy's awakening will be. Maybe turning the environment into a bounce house? That's something Oda would do.

You know what if funny though guys? So who cares if the heart was PS... it still doesn't change the fact that Erina will eventually fall in love with Soma.

It is a done deal. By looking at those past posts it seems some people got overly defensive just by the implication of her falling for him, which brings me to the conclusion that in their heart they know if she gets feelings for him that the pairing is a done deal.

#IamaCrazyManRambblingAway
The Toriko shitposting will probably start up again thanks to
the boneheaded move of the latest chapter...
I have hope for next week

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
(NSFW) Rival wa Nyotaikasasete Haramaseru by Jagausa

Thomas Edison gets gender swapped and banged by Graham Bell.
How patent wars should be.

I'm eagerly awaiting a sequel featuring Nikola Tesla.

Uhum. Hmm... okay i chuckled a bit due to the ridiculousness of the scenario and Graham Bell massive dick

Wait, this is what counts as Forum Drama on Mangaf?

Wow, y'all got it easy.
Drama died when Naruto was finished. We were really not the same again.

Seriously, the last few times this channel really got talking again was when there were those Naruto side chapters.

We were probably fucking tsundere for the manga tbh.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think it's kind of silly that instead of ganging up on Doffy they all just stand around waiting for Luffy to recover.

Anybody know a good manga website for one piece that has good translations?

2. Regarding manga scanlations.

Originally Posted by duckroll

This is the last time I am ever going to say this. I believe I have mentioned this before. Do not ever, ever direct link to illegal piracy shit. This includes manga releases, manga scanlations, sites and apps which provide such access, etc. STOP DOING IT. This thread is for the discussion of manga, not for the exchange and distribution of illegal material. Don't ask, don't tell. Future offenses will result in normal moderation consequences. Do not reply to this message, just move along. If you have a question, PM me.

So to repeat, DO NOT link to any manga scanlations websites or ask where to read manga.

If you post a panel or page, there should be no logo of any site on it.

Marche90

About to say that as well. Anyway...

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 95

FzNQDPC.png

Uh-huh.

Also, totally lost it at "Why are you asking ME!?"
You know what, nevermind. The whole damn chapter had me in tears. Oh, and look, a cameo from Asahi's sister.

Bonus:
TIf5LHL.png

In this panel he kinda looks like a costumed Jack Frost, doesn't he?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Drama died when Naruto was finished. We were really not the same again.

Seriously, the last few times this channel really got talking again was when there were those Naruto side chapters.

We were probably fucking tsundere for the manga tbh.
I think Soma has potential to revive the shipping wars, at least. #TeamTadokoro

But just kidding because I don't really care about SnS much at all besides her.

Can I get the 411 on that?

Haven't been keeping up with this thread as much as i'd have liked
Wasn't it related to that email to Shindol about the Link doujinshi he made? I think that was back when I was just getting started here.

I'm still traumatized from just knowing that's out there.

Big One

Banned
Seven Deadly Sins Vol. 9-10

Just got these in the mail. Man things are really heating up here. These two volumes really made me like King more as a character which I wasn't expecting at all, and Diane getting brutally beat down by the Holy Knights was pretty brutal.

Overall fun arc so far and looking forward to what the next volumes have to offer.

The Laughing Vampire by Suehiro Maruo

I read the second volume three days ago. It was weird to do it that way, because I read the first volume leaned from a friend years ago, so I had barely any context and the story at the end goes to weird places.

But as you say, the gothic decadent atmosphere is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom