• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
Toriko anime got canceled/ended with a filler ending and if the manga is now being rushed to ending I doubt we'll ever see another Toriko anime unless someone passion projects the shit out of it in 20 years.
Technically it isn't cancelled (even though it might as well be) just on "hiatus." And I know the anime sucked hard, lol.

I'm just saying if there is any time to add filler it would be here especially since they skipped over the ENTIRE Another competition between the chefs.

Technically it isn't cancelled (even though it might as well be) just on "hiatus." And I know the anime sucked hard, lol.

I'm just saying if there is any time to add filler it would be here especially since they skipped over the ENTIRE Another competition between the chefs.

hopefully like the Ichiryuu and Midora fight they go back and actually show everything next week via flashback

if not damn you Shueisha
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note.... HIDE YOUR KIDS HIDE YOUR WIFE

Soma Spoilers

Erina has feelings for Soma now.... those hearts in her eyes

Negima ~162 School Festival Arc

Daaaaamn this was really good, the series had a perfect balance of character development, enjoyable comedy, and great shonen action. Best part was when Chao-ne pulled out the Negi family tree and all the girls began to fight to take a look at it to see who Negi is gonna end up with. Hard to say what was the best fight as most of them were excellent though Yue has quickly become my favorite girl in the series.

Busaiku

hopefully like the Ichiryuu and Midora fight they go back and actually show everything next week via flashback

if not damn you Shueisha

Soma Spoilers

Ugh.

if not damn you Shueisha

Soma Spoilers

LOL if that isn't shopped

I hate when writers do that, it ruins the immersion of the stories. Why do they love forced romance? Ill just hope its either someone playing around and it wont be in vizs, or its corrected for the volume release. .

well chapter one had her shown when Soma's dad say something about founding someone to cook for

plus Grandpa Nakiri and Soma's Dad was scheming all along

He doesn't need to be oblivious. He can always reject her.

Aside from which Nikumi is already a thing so...

nah shipping aside since I am just a guy on the sidelines of this shipping war (Team Alice)

SomaXErina is likely endgame.... Soma is obsessed in pleasing her taste compared to those other girls in which he doesn't have any determination for

the closest is Megumi but she doesn't have old men from both families plotting for the pairing

I hate when writers do that, it ruins the immersion of the stories. Why do they love forced romance? Ill just hope its either someone playing around and it wont be in vizs, or its corrected for the volume release. .

KuGsj.gif

if not damn you Shueisha

Soma Spoilers

The middle panel is there because what's happening is that Soma image and manliness is reminding her the idolatred Joichiro, Soma's father. But of course, like father, like son, as she is starting to notice
doki doki

The day she learns the truth about who is his dad will be great.

Arabesque

Bleach sometimes sales volumes back to back per month (as in 1 volume per month)
Idk how Kubo does it

That isn't something in Kubo's hands though. He only has to draw on schedule, the ones who decided how to space the volume releases and when they come out is Shueisha.

Daaaaamn this was really good, the series had a perfect balance of character development, enjoyable comedy, and great shonen action. Best part was when Chao-ne pulled out the Negi family tree and all the girls began to fight to take a look at it to see who Negi is gonna end up with. Hard to say what was the best fight as most of them were excellent though Yue has quickly become my favorite girl in the series.

You and a large majority of people.

I really like both Yue and Nodoka out of the entire cast, and yeah if I recall it was during the festival that they had that talk about the 2 of them being in love with Negi? That was a pretty good chapter.

Having Akamatsu go more into the type of series he wanted to do from the start was really satisfying to see it play out. I figure you'll like where things go next arc too.

The Springfield future family tree was such a toll on Chao's part lol

Erina falling in love with soma has always been inevitable, the hope is that he'll never reciprocate those feelings

More like Erina shifting her crush/admiration towards Jouichirou to his son was always inevitable.

I don't mind it if Erina and Soma end up together (though that's honestly still up in the air at this point in the story) but I just want Erina to have ... something more to her character other than "bitchy uptight ojou-sama".

Actually she no longer has that either, since it was all her father's teaching that made her like that. I guess she's just an ojou who has a history of child abuse.

Yay?

You and a large majority of people.

I really like both Yue and Nodoka out of the entire cast, and yeah if I recall it was during the festival that they had that talk about the 2 of them being in love with Negi? That was a pretty good chapter.

Having Akamatsu go more into the type of series he wanted to do from the start was really satisfying to see it play out. I figure you'll like where things go next arc too.

Yeah Nodoka and Setsuna round out my top 3 favorite girls/characters in the series. I also really liked Chao though as of UQ Holder we still have no knowledge of who Negi's canon spouse is and I doubt we ever will.

Arabesque

Yeah Nodoka and Setsuna round out my top 3 favorite girls/characters in the series.

Brah!

Nodoka, Setsuna and Yue are easily the best characters of the cast and the ones who get the lion's share of the development and focus in the series (there are others but the success of their stories end up being ... questionable) I won't spoil anything, but needless to say those 3 will be getting a lot of great moments in the upcoming arcs.

I also really liked Chao though as of UQ Holder we still have no knowledge of who Negi's canon spouse is and I doubt we ever will.

Chao is a pretty great antagonist and character too. I really liked how her motivation for attempting to save her world ended up also making Negi question what he should be doing.

Negi's spouse is something I think will be clear which are the top choices once the series concludes. Even if it's not spelt out, the ones who stand out will be obvious.

We probably will get the answer once UQ Holder ends, but until then speculation is all we got.

Brah!

Nodoka, Setsuna and Yue are easily the best characters of the cast and the ones who get the lion's share of the development and focus in the series (there are others but the success of their stories end up being ... questionable) I won't spoil anything, but needless to say those 3 will be getting a lot of great moments in the upcoming arcs.

Chao is a pretty great antagonist and character too. I really liked how her motivation for attempting to save her world ended up also making Negi question what he should be doing.

Negi's spouse is something I think will be clear which are the top choices once the series concludes. Even if it's not spelt out, the ones who stand out will be obvious.

We probably will get the answer once UQ Holder ends, but until then speculation is all we got.

I mean the safest bets even at this point in the series are Asuna or Nodoka, of course any girl he made a pactio with is also technically a possibility.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I told you that you'd love that arc. Negima is one of those series that so desperately needs a good adaptation but for reasons unknown will never get one.

Arabesque

I mean the safest bets even at this point in the series are Asuna or Nodoka, of course any girl he made a pactio with is also technically a possibility.

Nodoka is a strong contender (IMO the strongest, but there are going to be others who Negi end up developing a strong friendship/relationship in the next arc too).

Asuna ... is a bit tricky. You'll understand once the series is done, but she and Negi end up both together and separated at the same time, so that pairing isn't exactly possible.

The other girls Negi makes pactio with are possible, but they are mostly on the fringes of being his spouse. Setsuna in particular has her own story in regards to that.

I told you that you'd love that arc. Negima is one of those series that so desperately needs a good adaptation but for reasons unknown will never get one.

Negima!? was honestly okay/pretty fun.

Negima! (Xebec) on the other hand was pretty horrid, sadly.

But the OVA's were nice for the most part.

And then Shaft decided to just crap out the final movie and well, that was the end.

:(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Don't act surprised that Erina is starting to fall for Soma.
She's the textbook Tsundere, and it's been foreshadowed for a while, especially when it was revealed she knew his dad and holds a lot of affection for him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Negima!? was honestly okay/pretty fun.

Negima! (Xebec) on the other hand was pretty horrid, sadly.

But the OVA's were nice for the most part.

And then Shaft decided to just crap out the final movie and well, that was the end.

:(

Yep. It's one of those series that deserved better. Maybe they'll give it the Ushio and Tora treatment in a decade.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wish Meat got more development.

I can't remember the last time she was an important character.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Oh man, Negima parings.

Honestly, by the end the top two were Chachamaru and Chisame, pretty much without question for me. Yue and Nodoka were top tier, but by canon, we know they didn't win. Makie acted like she was in the running, but I don't really think she had any significant character development with him. Akira was a late addition, but yeah, little real development. Asuna fell into the sister role by the end I think, and honestly, I never really got any romance vibes from her.

All things considered, I'm going with Chisame here. Negi trusted her immensely, and they seemed into each other, though, she wasn't going to chase him around like a kitten chasing yarn, like the other girls. She was also, along with Makie, the only one perfectly content with her life as it stood, and thus immune ot the C.E illusions.

Chachamaru is a very close second, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she stuck by him till his apparent end. had to leave a guy who proved you have a soul to the world and it's higher powers.

She's helped him with pretty much every meat dish since she was introduced. Honestly she's forming a bigger part of his cooking then any other cast member.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Erina is going to win and the moment some of you accept that the sooner you'll get over it

This post appears every single chapter Erina is in and it makes me laugh how much people lose it over this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom