• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

I dunno, it just kind of happened after the Stagiare. Soma friends with Hisako now, Erina friends with Tadokoro so they are in that circle now. Everyone else was already friendly with Soma and Tadokoro and Ryou/Spice Dude are rivals

Now the main group is like -

Soma
Tadokoro
Takumi
Isami
Alice
Ryou
Spice Dude
Erina
Hisako
Meat
Polar Star losers kind of

I think I'd take out the polar star losers. Meat and Takumi also exist in that nebulous state where they're kinda-rivals (not really), are in love with Yukihira (but not in that totally-viable romance echelon, occupied by Erina, Tadokoro, and Hisako), and where they're not good enough to be prominent at all going forward. Once we see more of the council members I expect them to be phased out like the polar stars.

I think I'd take out the polar star losers. Meat and Takumi also exist in that nebulous state where they're kinda-rivals (not really), are in love with Yukihira (but not in that totally-viable romance echelon, occupied by Erina, Tadokoro, and Hisako), and where they're not good enough to be prominent at all going forward. Once we see more of the council members I expect them to be phased out like the polar stars.

Polar Star losers, Meat and Takumi/Isami seem to be not able to keep up with the other ones so I guess so, I doubt Takumi/Isami will be dropped though

nana to kaoru

due to nana to kaoru arachi ending, any sense of suspense or intrigue NTK had is gone for me.

we already know how things end. and it wasn't even that extensive in difference from where the manga was/started.

so all this hand wringing and nana angst is nothing more than inane drama for the sake of drama. and it has really bogged things down.

the allure of seeing Nana's Nanas was always a more subdued selling point, but not even that was guaranteed, as seen in Arashi.

end this crap and continue with Puppy Lovers already.

Cute

orj9Xep.png

Crocodile

The fallout from the Ida vs. Stain encounter. Ida is pretty much a goody two-shoes but its clear he's out for blood here. He doesn't intend to arrest Stain (or at least if the opportunity arises to kill Stain he'll take it). So does this encounter (or this arc as a whole) represent Ida's rise to the mantle his brother once held? Does it mark the start of his transition to an anti-hero? Does he come out of this a villain (vigilantism can't be tolerated here, if he actual kills Stain he won't be able to be a hero anymore). Will his actions lead to jail time? Will his actions lead to his death (unlikely but that would be a ballsy move)?

From Deku's words (past tense and all), something BIG happens here (if we just get back to the status quo than the author is a hack fraud confirmed) that will leave a lasting impact on Ida and his friends (like Deku). We just don't know what that is and any one of those possibilities I mentioned can have big repercussions for future plotlines and character developments.

Jojo Part 5 End

What? Was that really the ending, I mean what the fuck happened overall? Is Polnareff dead or is he living with turtle from now on? Also so did Giorno suddenly take over the Buisness and all? I'm spinning in circles right now because that ending was left much to be desired. It didn't feel conclusive to the overall story, it just felt out there.

Also you thought The World was hax or The Crimson King was hax but noooo. The Gold Experience Requiem is on a totally totally different level. It has the ability to fucking turn everything including a opponents attacks and willpower to a state of zero. He can pretty much make a opponent go through death multiple times. This Stand is unbelievably hax and here I thought Crimson King was hax but this one is too invincible. That asspull.

I can see why so many people say this Stand is one of the strongest if not strongest in the series. Anyway overall Part 5 wasn't too bad, it was pretty enjoyable with all the Stand fights. It's probably one of the weakest Part but in no way was it terrible, still it could of been more. I'll probably do a full write up later on about Part 5.

Shingeki no Kyojin 71

And thus we went full circle

nice chapter though

Boku No Hero Academia

I'd rather ee the dude die then him become a avenger..... especially since his bro is still alive

The fallout from the Ida vs. Stain encounter. Ida is pretty much a goody two-shoes but its clear he's out for blood here. He doesn't intend to arrest Stain (or at least if the opportunity arises to kill Stain he'll take it). So does this encounter (or this arc as a whole) represent Ida's rise to the mantle his brother once held? Does it mark the start of his transition to an anti-hero? Does he come out of this a villain (vigilantism can't be tolerated here, if he actual kills Stain he won't be able to be a hero anymore). Will his actions lead to jail time? Will his actions lead to his death (unlikely but that would be a ballsy move)?

From Deku's words (past tense and all), something BIG happens here (if we just get back to the status quo than the author is a hack fraud confirmed) that will leave a lasting impact on Ida and his friends (like Deku). We just don't know what that is and any one of those possibilities I mentioned can have big repercussions for future plotlines and character developments.
Stain looks like a total Beast compared to Ida; Ida's power isn't even that good to begin with so he better not win in some bullcrap way.

Zweizer

Banned
There's actually a 2nd chapter but that's not translated yet.

Anyway, yeah, it was a fun read. I liked how the protag went about "faking" an orgasm.

Yeah I'm waiting for it to be translated. Didn't flip through it, but I hope it'll go a bit further with its premise.

It's the little things like these that makes it worth reading.

Jojo Part 5 End

Also you thought The World was hax or The Crimson King was hax but noooo. The Gold Experience Requiem is on a totally totally different level. It has the ability to fucking turn everything including a opponents attacks and willpower to a state of zero. He can pretty much make a opponent go through death multiple times. This Stand is unbelievably hax and here I thought Crimson King was hax but this one is too invincible. That asspull.

I always thought GER was hilarious in how broken and blatantly a deus ex machina it was.

Just saw the Iwata stuff over gaming side....:(

*pours 40*

The budget is average to below average. Like you would think they would put some effort into the animation but naw. The background art mismatches with character models so it feels a bit jarring. The pacing of the jokes are rushed as it doesn't give you enough time to savor it, plus the transitions are pretty jarring as well. The first episode covered about 6 chapters which doesn't look good for the future because it seems like they want to end it at when the guys leave the Prison. So if they do it in 1cour then it may be really rushed. Honestly the voice acting was good and the episode was alright not bad, but I believe the anime is just a bonus. The manga is where it's truly at.

the anime is good

good director
nice casting
looks pretty good, solid production

1) rushed since they going to adapt 81 in 13 episode

2) Look ok. wait for blu ray to avoid censor

3) average budget

by all means. is average adaption so far

i see...

Jojo Part 5 End

What? Was that really the ending, I mean what the fuck happened overall? Is Polnareff dead or is he living with turtle from now on? Also so did Giorno suddenly take over the Buisness and all? I'm spinning in circles right now because that ending was left much to be desired. It didn't feel conclusive to the overall story, it just felt out there.

I can see why so many people say this Stand is one of the strongest if not strongest in the series. Anyway overall Part 5 wasn't too bad, it was pretty enjoyable with all the Stand fights. It's probably one of the weakest Part but in no way was it terrible, still it could of been more. I'll probably do a full write up later on about Part 5.

Yeah Polnareff is alive, just in the turtle. Yes, Giorno is the boss now.

To me, thematically GER makes sense. If King Crimson's basic idea was "erase the cause, keep the effect," then GER is "keep the cause, erase the effect." Ok I get that. But in the end it's still funny how it basically amounts to "nuh-uh you didn't win." It's such a simple idea that I genuinely think Araki didn't even realize he created possibly the most broken power in fiction.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Shingeki no Kyojin 71

And thus we went full circle

nice chapter though

Boku No Hero Academia

I'd rather ee the dude die then him become a avenger..... especially since his bro is still alive
That's what makes this kind of weird for me. If his bro was dead, sure, avenge away, but he's still alive and kicking. Since I guess he's crippled and/or unable to hero anymore, I'd figure a good ass beating would suffice.

I guess since his brother was crippled with the intent to kill, I'd be kind of pissed too.

I guess I changed my tune while typing up this post.

Kazuki Makes Love Happen At ALL BOYS High School END

How you write a BL manga and make him end up with a girl in the end. Awful. Awful. Awful. Why cant writers in mainstream things go the full distance and give us a fully well done canonical BL in high school relationship. This is as bad as Satoshi ending up with Mayaka and not with Houtaro in Haikyuu, cause the writer was afraid of going the BL route when it was practically canon. No one will believe that Kazuki likes Yuhi and wouldnt keep thinking about Yu. This is unacceptable.

Yeah, I would expect a thing called Kazuki Makes Love Happen At ALL BOYS High School to have a BL ending and would probably be disappointed if it didnt

If i'm gonna start to read JoJo, should i go at it from chapter 1 or just skip straight to jotaro kujo? Because that early stuff is rough, yeesh.

anyways

Kingdom 438

"Why no, i won't mention how you've supposedly just drawn and quartered two kids to secure your position as king. Why would I? It's not like i'm the idiot that acted surprised when soldiers pillaged cities."

If i'm gonna start to read JoJo, should i go at it from chapter 1 or just skip straight to jotaro kujo? Because that early stuff is rough, yeesh.

Early stuff has it's charm, just really rough art (although I personally really like bombastic manly 80s manga art). I suppose if you've seen the anime it isn't a requirement, but if you're going in fresh then yeah you should probably read it from the start because of some important plot stuff in part 1, and the overall excellence of part 2.

This might save DTL one day

his year's August issue of monthly manga magazine Jump Square, out in Japan July 4th, announced new quarterly titled Jump SQ. Crown. The apparent replacement of Jump SQ.19, a collection of spin-offs, one-shots and work from new creators that ceased publication in February 2015, launches July 17th with a Love Ru Darkness poster, Blood Blockade Battlefront Back 2 Back, the return of Katsura Hoshino's D.Gray-man, and one-shots by Boku no Manga's Ryōsuke Kataoka.

This week, they followed-up the initial announcement with a look at Kataoka's new work.

Ryōsuke Kataoka, whose gag series Boku no Manga ran as a web manga, then in Jump SQ. between 2012 and this year's issue 8, is set to present new one-shot I'm The Protagonist Of A Harem Manga But I'm Gay So My Life Sucks in SQ. Crown's first issue.

Turok_TTZ

Kazuki Makes Love Happen At ALL BOYS High School END

How you write a BL manga and make him end up with a girl in the end. Awful. Awful. Awful. Why cant writers in mainstream things go the full distance and give us a fully well done canonical BL in high school relationship. This is as bad as Satoshi ending up with Mayaka and not with Houtaro in Haikyuu, cause the writer was afraid of going the BL route when it was practically canon. No one will believe that Kazuki likes Yuhi and wouldnt keep thinking about Yu. This is unacceptable.

Told you not to read it. I don't mind anyways as for it seemed Yu wasnt really into kazuki for me anyways. Kazuki actually tried but I didnt feel i see same effort from Yu.

Yuhi is fine for kazuki and his suffering finally ends. Better end now than go to tje depths of toudouin suffering imo.

Would also like to say rip iwata. The bob-ombs will never be dropped again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom