• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Jitsu wa Watashi wa

It happened.

It fucking happened.

Also, Youko is a shitty vampire but that should surprise no one.

dumbyugi

To Love-Ru Darkness 57 + Extra chapter 21

The principals design is gross so a whole chapter based around him was pretty bad, even if it was just Rito in disguise. Yui working out it was Rito because of his falling technique was pretty good.
The extra chapter ran in Weekly Jump and it wasn't anything special. Rito got turned into something, get's into a lewd situation and turn's back to normal in the middle of it. Fairly amusing anyway. It was weird reading a chapter of To Love-Ru that was censored again though.

Zephyx

Soma 126

That art at the end was very nice. I wonder what Soma's plan is? Maybe he tried asking another Elite Ten for help?

dumbyugi

I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me part 1

It's exactly what the title says. Mildy amusing I guess but nothing great. Dresden was pretty spot on, the title is more interesting then the actual manga. I can already guess what's going to happen in the second part but who knows, maybe it'll surprise me?

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 85

Finally! This probably changes nothing!

Murcielago 27

Man, I really forget the details of this in between each chapter.

To Love-Ru Darkness 57-57.5

ok seeing the principal in these situations is kinda funny

Then Rito gets turned into a bath sponge, you can probably guess what happens. I can respect the author for not giving a shit and just saying "Yeah, a bath sponge. Why not"

I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me Part A

It could be worse.

His reactions were amusing at least.

The plot started heading towards expected territory but hey maybe part b will surprise me.

I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me

7hJbiF5.png

I really doubt that!

dani_dc

So I see I must read:
I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me Part A

The title alone sounds amazing.

Planetes vol.1 - vol.4 (End)

Heard it was different from the anime, so gave it a shot. Quite amazing, and really liked how it went further than the anime as well, while still ending on a great note, which I thought the anime had already done. A very good series.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 85

About time. I wonder if this will really change much though.

I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me

Well that was something.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me part.a
Not as funny as the title...will read the next part because i want to know the finale.

Maoyuu 41

Older sis is so hardcore.

Droplet

Now I just want to read "I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Asexual so Every Day is Hell for Me".

Zweizer

Banned
Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch42

Having a (noisy) home to return to is so much better~

The premise is pretty amusing, though as Dresden predicted, the title is the best part of it.

bobohoro

why is soma serving alcohol at the age of six

worst
father
ever

That's actually rather normal for family-run restaurants and stuff.
A six year old carrying a few large beers like he's a Wiesn veteran is the more surprising thing there. :O

Tokyo Ghoul:re 36

Another chapter of random old characters and some new throwaways to keep track of. Can't read this stuff without a wiki open.

Youkai Shoujo 42

Awwwwww~

dani_dc

Is the auction arc in Tokyo Ghoul:re finished?

Last I read was chapter 20 and was wondering if now was a good time to jump back in.

bobohoro

Is the auction arc in Tokyo Ghoul:re finished?

Last I read was chapter 20 and was wondering if now was a good time to jump back in.

Yeah, it's done since a few chapters actually. Now it feels like another one of those transition phases to the next bigger arc.

bobohoro

Tsugumomo 55/56

So Bakura likes to collect wet dreams of other people to have some fun times for herself? Seems like a healthy hobby.
And Kazuya falling in love with his female self and basically choosing a sort of twisted dream/subconscious masturbation over his big varied harem even makes sense in the end.
This manga...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"I'm The Protagonist Of A Harem Manga But I'm Gay So My Life Sucks" is the most LN title ever

bobohoro

Isn't that kinda correct?

Santa Claus is the americanized version of Sinterklaas, or Sankt Nikolaus/San Nicola, whose initial day for giving out presents was the 6th of december. But the correct equivalent of Santa Claus would actually be the christkind/baby jesus/bambinello gesu(?) giving out stuff on the 24/25th of december. So technically, the modern image of Santa Claus that is celebrated across the globe has no direct roots in middle Europe, I'd guess?

Lain

Santa Claus is the americanized version of Sinterklaas, or Sankt Nikolaus/San Nicola, whose initial day for giving out presents was the 6th of december. But the modern equivalent of Santa Claus would actually be the christkind/baby jesus/bambinello gesu(?) giving out stuff on the 24/25th of december. So technically, the modern picture of Santa Claus that is celebrated across the globe has no direct roots in middle Europe, I'd guess?

No, it's wrong.

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babbo_Natale

LeleSocho

Banned

Santa Claus is the americanized version of Sinterklaas, or Sankt Nikolaus/San Nicola, whose initial day for giving out presents was the 6th of december. But the correct equivalent of Santa Claus would actually be the christkind/baby jesus/bambinello gesu(?) giving out stuff on the 24/25th of december. So technically, the modern image of Santa Claus that is celebrated across the globe has no direct roots in middle Europe, I'd guess?

No we have Santa, we just call him Babbo Natale (Father Christmas).
The fact that we put Gesù bambino in the nativity scene on the midnight between the 24th and the 25th is another thing.

dani_dc

If I had to guess who knew Santa, Japanese kids or Italian kids, I'd go with Italian kids every time.

bigkrev

I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me part 1

Amazed the joke wore thin after 5 pages!

bobohoro

I didn't mean it the sense that there is no Santa Claus or someone similar here in Europe, only that it is something that was introduced in the last 200 years based on similar folklore of the past, and therefore isn't really a traditional custom associated with it. I kinda thought it was similiar to Austria's relation of Nikolaus/Christkind vs. Weihnachtsmann, but reading up on it, it seems Italy has more in common with the stories of Father Christmas.

But wait, if Santa Claus is based on Saint Nikolaus, and Babbo Natale is similar to Father Christmas, wouldn't they be two different characters that are just used synonymously in modern day society?

Shengar

No we have Santa, we just call him Babbo Natale (Father Christmas).
The fact that we put Gesù bambino in the nativity scene on the midnight between the 24th and the 25th is another thing.
It could be a mistranslation then. Perhaps it meant that they don't know who Santa is, not actually meant that similar figure by different name didn't exist.
I didn't mean it the sense that there is no Santa Claus or someone similar here in Europe, only that it is something that was introduced in the last 200 years based on similar folklore of the past, and therefore isn't really a traditional custom associated with it. I kinda thought it was similiar to Austria's relation of Nikolaus/Christkind vs. Weihnachtsmann, but reading up on it, it seems Italy has more in common with the stories of Father Christmas.

But wait, if Santa Claus is based on Saint Nikolaus, and Babbo Natale is similar to Father Christmas, wouldn't they be two different characters that are just used synonymously in modern day society?

I blame globalized Santa for this confusion.
On a more serious note, I think if by "Santa Tradition" meant the American one, I guess that's right. I think Santa or Christmas figure is treated rather differently in Europe. I mean, just look at this beard!

Sinterklaas_2007.jpg

LeleSocho

Banned
I doubt Babbo Natale has nothing to do with Nicola since Nicola has an huge cult in south Italy that has actually stolen his relics roughly 1000 years ago from Turkey...

Would want a full series but I fear the writer would be forced to get scared and instead of making a BL ending make one of the girls fall for Harui :( Favorite page though, and Yuugiri is so hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom