• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh you know what would be a good power for a manga...

A power that allows you to have any power you want, as long as you make 50% or more people watching you believe you have the power.

Imagine being twins with this, you could pretty much trick people into thinking you could teleport and gain it right there.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch99

RIP Carol?

I see this as strangely beneficial to her goals in the end.

Mitsuki likes Tomo because she's good at Karate anyway, while Carol might have not meant that kind of beat, this training will let her get closer to kaichou's standards anyway. How ironic.

Zweizer

Banned
I see this as strangely beneficial to her goals in the end.

Mitsuki likes Tomo because she's good at Karate anyway, while Carol might have not meant that kind of beat, this training will let her get closer to kaichou's standards anyway. How ironic.

Assuming she survives the training, but then again she's pretty crafty and persistent.

Zweizer

Banned
Tonari no Robot ch2-4

13-20-31-tonarinorobozusj4.jpg

It's interesting to see them growing and influencing each other, despite their different natures. Hopefully she won't take too long to understand love~

Really liking the parts about how an artificial intelligence such as her approaches situations to learn to behave like a human, and how their close relationship plays a huge part in that.

Rhapsody

Banned
To Love-Ru Darkness 57

lol For an assassin, Yami's reaction to the principal's head coming off was great. Also Kotegawa finding the technique familiar lol. I want more Kotegawa chapters again.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Is either one of Satoshi Mizukami's current series (Sengoku Youko or Spirit Circle) near the quality of Hoshi no Samidare?

I'm about to move, so I can't really do any sort of scheduled simulread haha.
Love both of them. I think some part are even better than hoshi no samidare. Sengoku youko early part os even more slow than hoshi, but when the story change focus, it become better

To Love-Ru Darkness 57

lol For an assassin, Yami's reaction to the principal's head coming off was great. Also Kotegawa finding the technique familiar lol. I want more Kotegawa chapters again.

i'm gonna be 100% honest. and it pains me to say this:

i'm not finding to-love ru as super interesting as before.

there's only so many times you ca hide lewd in silverware or water droplets before it gets...samey. the 1 month wait times also don't help things.

it's not that i'm disliking lewd. it's just...i think...in a way...prison school upped the ante into what you can do. even a simple kiss in prison school was more intense than half the tlr volume.

Rhapsody

Banned

there's only so many times you ca hide lewd in silverware or water droplets before it gets...samey. the 1 month wait times also don't help things.

it's not that i'm disliking lewd. it's just...i think...in a way...prison school upped the ante into what you can do. even a simple kiss in prison school was more intense than half the tlr volume.
Yeah, TLR is definitely not like Prison School where they can find ways to one up past stuff. Lewd stuff in TLR just there lol. The series for me is just enjoyable for just seeing characters again. It's almost like Nisekoi without expecting nor caring for development lol.

It's probably the biggest reason why I can enjoy it.

Quasar

I lost interest during the yami story that went on forever.

Grexeno

Ooh you know what would be a good power for a manga...

A power that allows you to have any power you want, as long as you make 50% or more people watching you believe you have the power.

Imagine being twins with this, you could pretty much trick people into thinking you could teleport and gain it right there.
This will probably be a Stand if it isn't already.

Revo

Yuusha ga Shinda! Murabito no Ore ga Hotta Otoshiana ni Yuusha ga Ochita Kekka. 26

Still so tsun.
But now set up for him to go and save her immediately.

Aizo

Banned
I'm surprised that so many people are saying Spirit Circle or Sengoku Youko is better than Hoshi no Samidare. Are you all people that really liked HnS? It's one of my favorites.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Hoshi no Samidare was really good, but not my favorite.

Tonari no Robot 1-4

This is good. I like that it's from the angle of a girl, too.

Zweizer

Banned
I'm surprised that so many people are saying Spirit Circle or Sengoku Youko is better than Hoshi no Samidare. Are you all people that really liked HnS? It's one of my favorites.

Well, to be honest I probably don't hold Biscuit Hammer in as high of a regard as others, but I just find Spirit Circle's premise better, with a stronger story, better cast that also gets employed better, tighter pacing, and also nicer art.

Zweizer

Banned
Himouto! Umaru-chan ch110

The wonders of cardboard boxes~

Koe de Oshigoto! ch51

It's a pretty tough job, isn't it?

Well, at least someone appreciates it lol

Rhapsody

Banned
Domestic na Kanojo 57

Teacher says his will to become a novelist is strong yet most of his recent determination is just to create a living now for his perfect girlfriend. Also Natsuo doesn't deserve to have Rui comfort him, especially still sulking over it after saying congratulations.

Magi 272-273

So Hakuryuu's initial plan to join forces with Sinband was never scrapped away to begin with

Sinband being the big evil from the shadows..... playing everyone like a damn fiddle

clearly the dude is that guys reincarnation

Arabesque

So Hakuryuu's initial plan to join forces with Sinband was never scrapped away to begin with

from the way he talked about it, he originally scrapped the plan after Judar joined with him. But after the latter got shot into space, he had to fall back to it again.

Kind of ingenious, but will be a sever set back to Hakuryuu's true intentions in how to deal with all the evil in the Kou empire that Kouen fostered and allowed to grow,

Sinband being the big evil from the shadows..... playing everyone like a damn fiddle

?

Sinbad is pretty much the good guy throughout this entire conflict. The only people who were acting like the bad guy from the shadows and having people fight each other for no reason but world destruction were:

1.Arba/Gyokuen
2.Kouen
3.Al-Thamen

He is doing the world a favour by supporting Hakuryuu.

Lain

Sengoku isn't as good, imho, for a variety of reasons (chemistry between characters and villains being one of them) but Spirit Circle is shaping up to be as good if not better, though I've read only 2 volumes of Spirit Circle and 9 of Sengoku.

from the way he talked about it, he originally scrapped the plan after Judar joined with him. But after the latter got shot into space, he had to fall back to it again.

Kind of ingenious, but will be a sever set back to Hakuryuu's true intentions in how to deal with all the evil in the Kou empire that Kouen fostered and allowed to grow,

?

Sinbad is pretty much the good guy throughout this entire conflict. The only people who were acting like the bad guy from the shadows and having people fight each other for no reason but world destruction were:

1.Arba/Gyokuen
2.Kouen
3.Al-Thamen

He is doing the world a favour by supporting Hakuryuu.

He may have "good" intentions but the dude is shady

you saw what he did to that princess girl

plus it is kinda obvious he is the reincarnation of the other dude

Himouto! Umaru-chan 110
See, this is why you don't stick your nose in other people's things.

Nukoduke! 60
Nukos continue to be as popular as ever. And Yamato's cooking still leaves lasting damage even years later.

Revo

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 16

So that's how they're doing this wave, huh.
Will have to see it fully for any thoughts.

Arabesque

He may have "good" intentions but the dude is shady

Sinbad is "shady" in the sense he is a businessman who tries to save the world by using underhanded means to get the best deal possible when everyone else tries and murder each other for little to no reason other than being different. Unite the different cultures through trade, not conflict, is his deal.

He's no angel, but he on the grey scale, he is without a doubt on the lighter side.

You want to talk about really shady guys, look no further than the top brass in Kou.

you saw what he did to that princess girl

Who? Kougyoku?

Yeah, that's underhanded. It's also what ended up saving the world when the evil God came down and the Seven Sea Alliance rushed in to the recuse. It's not like he is trying to fuck up Kougyoku or anything like what Kouen did to Hakuryuu.

In the first place, he had to do it, otherwise he wouldn't be able to know what Al-Thamen were up to.

plus it is kinda obvious he is the reincarnation of the other dude

David? Solomon?

Regardless of he is supposed to be a reincarnation of, Sinbad himself is already detached from that tale. If anything, it seems he's all on board with Solomon's will and more than happy to listen to any alternatives that come to his way unlike David who was just insane and wanted to do things in the path he seen fit.

Sinbad is David

David was orchestrating himself as a villain in order to groom his son

dude could see the future and who knows what plans he had after his death

phaze

Innocent 1-5

Either there was a 10 year time skip in those five chapters, which given that no character changed a bit, I doubt or the author put the loss of Canada and other colonies before the Seven Years War. Historical inaccuracies in my manga. absolutelydisgusting.jpg

The art is super impressive and the premise, certainly unique. Who wouldn't want to know more about the executioner of Louis XVI ? The fact even such a profession was made hereditary kinda blows my mind. Not quite sure about Sanson yet, so far he has only been on the receiving end of bad karma and didn't come into his own but other than that colour me impressed. Great read so far. It's a bit funny that both this (seemingly, given the first few pages) and Chevalier d'Eon start up in 1750's and finish up during the revolution.

Thanks to dramatis, Lain and Soma as I wouldn't have found out about this title without your posts on the first page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom