• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 16

aVrdID0.png

And then Edgelord Protag reached MAXIMUM EDGE Mk. II

Barnes and Noble about to have a Buy 2 get 1 free sale on Manga starting the 19th. Time to fill in some gaps and maybe buy Monster (Never read this).

Yotsuba&! - Catching Up
Why is this took so long for an update? D:

Genius cannot be rushed. All the best Manga right now seem to be about the slowest to be released.

bobohoro

One Piece 794

Deathflag? But it was a Vivre Card of Luffy, or not?
The bigger one was the one-liner of Zoro, where he said something along the lines of Sabo making the same request as Ace of the crew. :O
Overall, really nice chapter, even if the flashback was kinda predictable, the feels still managed to hit deep.

Bleach 635

Don't care.
Except Kenpachi/Mayuri should get their own spin-off manga where they kill shit and stuff.

Zweizer

Banned
They have an exposition on Manga-Anime-Games in the National Art Center in Tokyo, I took a picture of the works represented there for anyone curious about it.

I feel it's a rather mainstream selection so to speak, but I'd say it's pretty solid overall. Didn't expect Touhou to be featured, haha.

upandaway

One Piece

I'm good with that explanation. Bummer to see Sabo go away so quickly though.

He's such a badass though. He's easily one of the strongest people in the manga too. No clue who he's talking to in the last panel... what does that even mean

Also Koala best
ydvObar.png

dani_dc

I feel it's a rather mainstream selection so to speak, but I'd say it's pretty solid overall. Didn't expect Touhou to be featured, haha.

I think they focused on a mixture of cultural impact and popularity (which usually walk pretty closely together), thus the inclusion of Touhou, and why there's nothing like Oyasumi PunPun in there.

If I recall correctly, the text about each work was directly about it's cultural impact (at least for sections A and B), though I couldn't really read the actual text.

Zweizer

Banned
I think they focused on a mixture of cultural impact and popularity (which usually walk pretty closely together), thus the inclusion of Touhou, and why there's nothing like Oyasumi PunPun in there.

If I recall correctly, the text about each work was directly about it's cultural impact (at least for sections A and B), though I couldn't really read the actual text.

I see. The selection does make more sense in this regard. I'm curious about which kind of impact some of the featured works had.

dani_dc

I see. The selection does make more sense in this regard. I'm curious about which kind of impact some of the featured works had.

I wish I could tell you! Not being able to read the text due to the lack of English was one of the few negative points of the exposition.

Toriko 331

well shit got really dark

One Piece

Wow to have your memory come back to you via such depressing news :(

Bleach 635

Kenpachi/Mayuri were the best part of this chapter

Woah, Shonen Wednesdays are back?

Bleach 635

Oh, I forgot these two teamed up. This could be almost good

One Piece 794

Lol, Dofla even covers up his face in the first page drawing.

Kind of disappointed Oda used Amnesia to explain why Sabo didn't go to Marineford...but whatever. He's probably going to die. Oh wait, that's Luffy's card. Nevermind.

bigkrev

Giveaway

So I accidentally purchased 2 copies of Tonari no Seki-Kun vol 3 from Amazon. I tried to return one of them, but Amazon just refunded me and told me to keep both copies. So, I want to give the spare copy to someone. First person to say they want it gets it for free! My only requirement is that you live in the continental US

Kyuur

One Piece

Glad to see an explanation for Sabo's absence. I don't mind that it's amnesia since that hasn't been used in OP so far as I can remember. I also love these smaller wind-downs compared to the gigantic parties at the end of some arcs. Reminds me of the end of Enies Lobby a bit.

Also, That crow power is cool as hell! I wonder who has it.

upandaway

Giveaway

So I accidentally purchased 2 copies of Tonari no Seki-Kun vol 3 from Amazon. I tried to return one of them, but Amazon just refunded me and told me to keep both copies. So, I want to give the spare copy to someone. First person to say they want it gets it for free! My only requirement is that you live in the continental US
Can someone please gift me one Continental US so I can apply for this

This weeks Jump Rankings

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (Lead Color/Cover)
Shokugeki no Soma
One Piece
Best Blue (Center color/25 pages)
Boku no Hero Academia
Haikyuu
Shoujo Fukkyuu Recovery Q (Center Color/Oneshot by Mitsuhara Subaru/Golden Future Cup Entry #1)
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Gintama
Nisekoi
Hinomaru Zumou
Black Clover (Center color)
Toriko
Saiki Kusuo no Ψnan
Kagamigami
Lady Justice
World Trigger
Devilyman
Kochikame
Bleach
Isobe

So I have no clue what's going to get axed anymore.

This weeks Jump Rankings

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (Lead Color/Cover)
Shokugeki no Soma
One Piece
Best Blue (Center color/25 pages)
Boku no Hero Academia
Haikyuu
Shoujo Fukkyuu Recovery Q (Center Color/Oneshot by Mitsuhara Subaru/Golden Future Cup Entry #1)
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Gintama
Nisekoi
Hinomaru Zumou
Black Clover (Center color)
Toriko
Saiki Kusuo no Ψnan
Kagamigami
Lady Justice
World Trigger
Devilyman
Kochikame
Bleach
Isobe

Devils an and Lady Justice of course.

Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary 21

Analyzing the complexities of lab coats

Shiori Experience 8

ajQSupt.png

Woah Fugo looks really different in the SBRverse

This would probably be better as an anime so you could feel the performance better, but then they probably wouldn't actually be able to play Hendrix songs.

Also, That crow power is cool as hell! I wonder who has it.

Crow powers are usually associated with evil people so it's kind of funny to see Sabo using them lol

the easy answer would be bleach but who knows

At this point even if Bleach is ranked the last one it still won't get axed. It still sells really well so ranking means absolutely nothing for it.

If that were the case it would of been axed a long time ago.

Lady Justice is the answer since there's already To Love Ru.

Arabesque

Lady Justice and Devilyman are the 2 with the biggest chance of being canned at this point, Hinomaru and Kagamigami being after them but not in much danger. Bleach is Bleach, so it's probably safe-ish for the next year at last position until it concludes whenever.

Also, for the next 7 issues, it's all promotions for the Golden Cup submissions, so I guess that explains why we ended up only getting one new series this round.

Nice seeing Soma in first.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Lady Justice ? Is it like that manga about the policewoman that got cancelled?

No, Lady Justice is a superhero series loaded with terrible fanservice jokes. The first chapter has a scene where machine guns shred her clothes while she was still wearing them. Like E-Robot, relying only on fanservice will get you quickly canelled.

Also, funny you mention the policewoman manga as the creator of that is behind the newest Jump manga.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 149

yWdH6VK.png

It's too early to crush the girls' newfound happiness. You need more scenes of them dancing around in a circle, holding hands and singing about how beautiful the world is. The next chapter should add flowers, baby animals and have Disney music playing in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom