• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuur

was enjoying Yokota Takuma's dancing club manga thing until this happened:

haven't cringed this much in a while.

Yeah, his design is the worst part of the manga for sure. It's really enjoyable otherwise though, if you power through it. They even show one of his parents who has a sort-of-similar face structure (not that it makes it much better...).

PK Gaming

I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me

eHFuj0S.jpg

This is the greatest One Shot I have ever read

I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me

This is the greatest One Shot I have ever read

Man does it seem fresh for a harem Manga. Looks like a great One Shot.

I laughed too hard reading those 2 pictures. Having a gay harem protagonist is too good.

I dunno about that, they did cancel Shaman King before (in the middle of the final arc, no less) so immunity isn't by any means guaranteed.
They got Jump Plus now, if they were going to rush him they would've done it by now. Plus Sasaki is not in charge anymore, Jump's changed, it maybe deeper but Bleach will have a natural ending.

Dresden

Yeah, his design is the worst part of the manga for sure. It's really enjoyable otherwise though, if you power through it. They even show one of his parents who has a sort-of-similar face structure (not that it makes it much better...).

Yeah, I like the other stuff. And Yoko does the puppy love stuff so well. But that design...

I blame Oda.

Zweizer

Banned
Stretch ch40

What a shitty brat. Well, at least we got stretches this time.

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon ch10

Aw. Poor Tooru. She was so close.

Kyokou Suiri ~ Invented Inference 02

this is still so so so so so so so wordy

but interesting to see ex-girlfriend become a full fledged character in this series

Zweizer

Banned
After Hours ch2

They're getting along so well~

13-51-24-18_143702704k3ynq.jpg

Kei is the best~ She's so free~

Eventually, I Will Become Yours ch2

Looks like there's another big hurdle to overcome.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I got the Nausicaa box set in the mail earlier and gosh, this quality of this thing is incredible. The cover and pages look and feel fantastic. This is easily the nicest looking book I have, manga or otherwise lol.

Really looking forward to cracking into this. I've actually never read it before.

Kurita

I'm starting to miss reading manga... I need to focus on a couple of series to buy again.
Haikyuu!!, Space Brothers, SKET Dance, Jojo, Ore Monogatari and I Am a Hero most likely.

Gimme money plz

Arabesque

I dunno about that, they did cancel Shaman King before (in the middle of the final arc, no less) so immunity isn't by any means guaranteed.

From what I recall, Shaman King cancelation was in part due to Hiroyuki Takei losing the drive to continue the series during that time. Yes, the declining popularity and the anime being axed played a major part in it, but with the author himself no longer wishing to continue the series, they just canned it.

With Bleach, the popularity (in Japan at least) is without a doubt at an all time low, the sales are slowly but surely dropping with each volume selling slower and less than the previous ones, and with it being in its final arc without an anime there is little use to it being around at this point. But at the same time, with Kubo being serialised in the magazine for 14 years, I doubt they would cancel the manga outright unless he himself finds that he no longer wants to continue it.

The most likely outcomes would be that 1)They eventually do what they did with Yu-Gi-Oh and tell Kubo to wrap up the story in half a year 2) move the manga to another magazine (Jump Next or SQ, or maybe even Crown, which would be a good idea to promote them) or 3) have the conclusion be in Jump Plus (which would ease the piracy issue).

We also had Reborn getting rushed to an end. I never really got far in it, but I think Nurarihyon no Mago was popular but abruptly ended after a lot of setup?

Reborn wasn't rushed lol. The last 2 arcs and the chapters in between them only showed that Amano had no idea where the story would go after the end of the future arc. If anything, Reborn was extended beyond its natural concluding point.

Nura was about as popular as a cult hit would be, so even after it was axed it had special treatment to end it naturally outside of WSJ. Bleach might share a similar fate, but maybe when it nears its ending.

UQ Holder volume 5. This has really turned into a splendid action series. Can't wait to see more of Kirie and an eventual anime.

The return to Mahora and Fate vs. Eva were pretty much the highlights of this volume. I'm glad that Ken finally managed to hit what he wanted since the start with this volume.

With that said, the Q&A session with Fate is still bad, except that seeing his declaration of wanting to exterminate all life in the universe never gets old.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just want to say that I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me is the best manga one shot ever.

Zweizer

Banned
The bar isn't that high for this, no?

There are plenty of great ones, like Family Fight posted above, and truth to be told I don't find I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me to be anywhere close to be considered one of the best. It has a great premise that's pretty appropriate in today's climate, but the execution is rather crude.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey look it's firehawk
I prefer my manga in moving picture form!

There are plenty of great ones, like Family Fight posted above, and truth to be told I don't find I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me to be anywhere close to be considered one of the best. It has a great premise that's pretty appropriate in today's climate, but the execution is rather crude.
I mean, of course it's not the best. But it is the best. Given that there are like 4 harem shows this season, an anti-harem show based on this premise would be amazing.

Zweizer

Banned
I prefer my manga in moving picture form!

There isn't as much yuri though!

I mean, of course it's not the best. But it is the best. Given that there are like 4 harem shows this season, an anti-harem show based on this premise would be amazing.

Indeed. As I noted, its appreciation is entirely understandable considering its great concept and the current climate. I do hope it gets a serialization, or a more competent artist plays with the premise.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There isn't as much yuri though!
This is true. Unless you count the stupid crap that happened with Euphonium. lol
Indeed. As I noted, its appreciation is entirely understandable considering its great concept and the current climate. I do hope it gets a serialization, or a more competent artist plays with the premise.
It almost seems like a twisted version of Yuri Danshi in a way, at least in terms of being completely uninvolved in the relationships that happen in the manga.

But yeah, there has to be a way to mine this premise for a 100 chapter series. If Nisekoi can still be going and have no real ending, someone could find a way. You just have to find a way to sell it either to fujoshi fangirls or male otaku, both of whom may have different reasons for not wanting to read a book about a gay guy surrounded by a harem of girls. lol

Zweizer

Banned
This is true. Unless you count the stupid crap that happened with Euphonium. lol

Join the manga side. We have LOVE/DEATH~

It almost seems like a twisted version of Yuri Danshi in a way, at least in terms of being completely uninvolved in the relationships that happen in the manga.

But yeah, there has to be a way to mine this premise for a 100 chapter series. If Nisekoi can still be going and have no real ending, someone could find a way. You just have to find a way to sell it either to fujoshi fangirls or male otaku, both of whom may have different reasons for not wanting to read a book about a gay guy surrounded by a harem of girls. lol

Well, for what it's worth, DTL seems to like it well enough lol

bobohoro

Ohoho, I will~

From what I remember, TLR really wasn't all that great, but Darkness goes all out in terms of fanservice, increases the art quality and some of the more interesting characters get to play a major role. It's no masterpiece, but it certainly should entertain you. I was really surprised to see you don't read it. :D

Final thoughts on Tsugumomo, now that I have catched up: The author is a crazy perv and has some worrisome afterwords each volume.

Other than that: great action scenes, plot isn't too deep or complex but stays engaging and has some nice twists and turns and characters are rather likeable and positive. The fanservice scenes can pretty wild and they cross quite a few lines, so the manga certainly isn't for everyone. But that's pretty much the only real negative I have right now.

Zweizer

Banned
From what I remember, TLR really wasn't all that great, but Darkness goes all out in terms of fanservice, increases the art quality and some of the more interesting characters get to play a major role. It's no masterpiece, but it certainly should entertain you. I was really surprised to see you don't read it. :D

That does sound promising, especially the wilder fanservice part (though I was already aware of this fact).

Zweizer's ability to breed post into more posts.
Saviour of MangaGAF.
So lewd.

As expected from MangaGAF.

Ohoho, what a fitting ability~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom