• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merman in My Tub Vol.01

Q5tleIw.jpg

normal high schooler basically adopts a merman who starts living in his tub

gotta appreciate this is a manga cause otherwise rip his finances

Revo

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria 17

great chapter, lots of stuff happening
fretful aiz so cute

Fire Brigade of Flames 06

I rather liked the fight scenes, very cool use of fire

what an interesting twisttttt

and girl still needs to put on a shirt

Turok_TTZ

One Punch Man 104 full spoilers

FUBUKI NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The Fubuki group is no more... that moment when Murata catches up and we see lily's face heartbroken over this.

edit:
nvm just realized why she did it. she cared enough to do this to protect them from the shit faced brat that is Tatsumaki. Sasuga Blizzard of Hell.

D.Gray-Man (Caught Up)

ಠ_ಠ

wait is that it? I need more.... what is the release schedule of these chapters?
It seem all over the place..... the last one was in October but the one before that was July?!

I mean.... I need to know when the next chapter will come out

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ I NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D.Gray-Man (Caught Up)

ಠ_ಠ

wait is that it? I need more.... what is the release schedule of these chapters?
It seem all over the place..... the last one was in October but the one before that was July?!

I mean.... I need to know when the next chapter will come out

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ I NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I know that feel, what a horrible spot to catch up D:

Yeah I know that feel, what a horrible spot to catch up D:

I mean so many questions

lol well at least two positive things came out of these hiatus

1. We can continue the series with this new amazing art
2. 40-50 chapters (monthly, multiple months, yearly?)

Oh god I don't know T-T

it is HXH all over again

I mean so many questions

lol well at least two positive things came out of these hiatus

1. We can continue the series with this new amazing art
2. 40-50 chapters (monthly, multiple months, yearly?)

Oh god I don't know T-T

it is HXH all over again

I'm just hoping that Miranda, Crowley, the little kid with the possession power, Rabi, and Lenalee finally return to the story/action soon as they've been sidelined for far too long.

I'm just hoping that Miranda, Crowley, the little kid with the possession power, Rabi, and Lenalee finally return to the story/action soon as they've been sidelined for far too long.
actually for me that is why this series went into top gear

I mean the exorcist group and their usually stuff was okay (Lenalee crying was eh, and the constant Bookman side stuff :/) but the Noah's were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more interesting compared to them.... Allen was the best person in that group and the others were just good characters for me but not THAT great characters like the Noah (well some noah... don't care for those twins)

When Link got introduced he was good addition and man did that extra backstory push him up as well. But the one that rose like a phoenix as a character is Yu Kanda with the chapter 180-200... shit got real

The whole Cross Order plot-twist stuff was needed... I didn't like this whole good vs evil shtick anyway and the pattern of constant hunting Akuma and then fighting Noah was getting repetive so this livened things up. Plus the best people of the Cross group (well my best three... Link, Allen, and now Kanda) are basically on the run and not with the rest of the so,so order so this is fine. Toss in the 14th's backstory being actually cool and the ties with the Earl and man things are getting so interesting.
D.Gray-Man is literally a complete mindfuck. Yeah this is how complicated the plot has become.

lol nice graph

wonzo

Banned
galko-chan 1-2 (?)

hopefully the anime announcement means someone'll pick this up

or maybe comicwalker got its english shit together and started putting things up for sale (nop still dead lmao)

seriously tho how has this not been translated?!?!

D.Gray-Man is literally a complete mindfuck. Yeah this is how complicated the plot has become.

I just read D Gray Man and I think this chart confused me more then I felt having actually read it D:

actually for me that is why this series went into top gear

I mean the exorcist group and their usually stuff was okay (Lenalee crying was eh, and the constant Bookman side stuff :/) but the Noah's were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more interesting compared to them.... Allen was the best person in that group and the others were just good characters for me but not THAT great characters like the Noah (well some noah... don't care for those twins)

When Link got introduced he was good addition and man did that extra backstory push him up as well. But the one that rose like a phoenix as a character is Yu Kanda with the chapter 180-200... shit got real

The whole Cross Order plot-twist stuff was needed... I didn't like this whole good vs evil shtick anyway and the pattern of constant hunting Akuma and then fighting Noah was getting repetive so this livened things up. Plus the best people of the Cross group (well my best three... Link, Allen, and now Kanda) are basically on the run and not with the rest of the so,so order so this is fine. Toss in the 14th's backstory being actually cool and the ties with the Earl and man things are getting so interesting.
lol nice graph

I agree that the Noah and they're plot line is the more interesting side of the story, but I think the Noah work best when they're working off the various well established exorcist characters since it lets the Noah go into pure fuckery mode which is glorious. Link is a great character for sure he's really grown on me and he's interesting because it's honestly hard to tell where his loyalties lie and Kanda for me was residentsleeper.jpg why is he popular until the last 40 or so chapters where his popularity was justified by an amazing back story and his recent actions.

I also agree with the whole evil side of the order being needed as it helps to show how both sides of this conflict have good and bad elements to them which further works due to how split Allen is as a character both in terms of his desire to save Akuma, humans, and Noah but also his dueling personalities between Allen and the 14th. I'm just annoyed that Lenalee who's clearly in love with Allen (and Allen vice versa) has only helped cover for Kanda as part of trying to find Allen and bring him home, same with the others I mentioned because they'd clearly take Allen's side over the Order's.

It's a similar frustration I had with Bleach where the series established a bunch of characters I like, has kept them relevant power level wise... but just isn't using them or isn't showing them do anything and it's frustrating. The difference being of course D-Gray man's story is far better and more interesting and instead of focusing on characters we give zero fucks about it's giving more attention to the best characters so I can accept it.

I agree that the Noah and they're plot line is the more interesting side of the story, but I think the Noah work best when they're working off the various well established exorcist characters since it lets the Noah go into pure fuckery mode which is glorious. Link is a great character for sure he's really grown on me and he's interesting because it's honestly hard to tell where his loyalties lie and Kanda for me was residentsleeper.jpg why is he popular until the last 40 or so chapters where his popularity was justified by an amazing back story and his recent actions.

I also agree with the whole evil side of the order being needed as it helps to show how both sides of this conflict have good and bad elements to them which further works due to how split Allen is as a character both in terms of his desire to save Akuma, humans, and Noah but also his dueling personalities between Allen and the 14th. I'm just annoyed that Lenalee who's clearly in love with Allen (and Allen vice versa) has only helped cover for Kanda as part of trying to find Allen and bring him home, same with the others I mentioned because they'd clearly take Allen's side over the Order's.

It's a similar frustration I had with Bleach where the series established a bunch of characters I like, has kept them relevant power level wise... but just isn't using them or isn't showing them do anything and it's frustrating. The difference being of course D-Gray man's story is far better and more interesting and instead of focusing on characters we give zero fucks about it's giving more attention to the best characters so I can accept it.

I understand what you mean... quite frankly a bunch of his friends are still in the dark..... Kanda due to his ability defeated his brainwash and still remembers the Cardinal and Link is liking going to find out soon since he is getting some memories of it (probably going to be connected to his character growth)... But the others are clueless and because of this they are missing out on all this real action and growth

Lenalee needs growth more then anyone right now since out of everyone in the group when they were in Japan she was the only one that didn't get some major backstory/growth stuff (the lamest backstory was the bookeeper Jr.)

Honestly If Allen gets caught next chapter (which he won't) or after those guys fail at capturing him we will likely go back to seeing what is happening at the organization

I understand what you mean... quite frankly a bunch of his friends are still in the dark..... Kanda due to his ability defeated his brainwash and still remembers the Cardinal and Link is liking going to find out soon since he is getting some memories of it (probably going to be connected to his character growth)... But the others are clueless and because of this they are missing out on all this real action and growth

Lenalee needs growth more then anyone right now since out of everyone in the group when they were in Japan she was the only one that didn't get some major backstory/growth stuff (the lamest backstory was the bookeeper Jr.)

Honestly If Allen gets caught next chapter (which he won't) or after those guys fail at capturing him we will likely go back to seeing what is happening at the organization

Lenalee did get the first liquid innocence upgrade before Kanda which she used to defeat that level 4 Akuma then do fuck all but want to be with Allen.

Marche90

Witch of the Old World one-shot

A very interesting one-shot about time-displaced characters. The end of the story sets it for a continuation but sadly it's explicitly said that it wasn't picked up for a serialization. Shame about this, I really wanted to read more of it.

Shengar

Witch of the Old World one-shot

A very interesting one-shot about time-displaced characters. The end of the story sets it for a continuation but sadly it's explicitly said that it wasn't picked up for a serialization. Shame about this, I really wanted to read more of it.

Did someone said witch?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Bakuman 22- 68- Still really good. i forgot what a great cast this had. All the other mangakas are a wonderful mix of weird personalities. I love Otter 11 guy. He is so god damn funny. Just... all the characters in this are so well balanced and rounded!

Bakuman 22- 68- Still really good. i forgot what a great cast this had. All the other mangakas are a wonderful mix of weird personalities. I love Otter 11 guy. He is so god damn funny. Just... all the characters in this are so well balanced and rounded!

CS1ubNRWwAEIwIB.png

Yes another Bakuman fan. Ive been rewatching the anime since I reread the manga such a great read. Theres only one bad character in the whole series others yes all characters are great.

Wish the writers did a baseball manga.

Ross61

Serious question regarding Tokyo Ghoul Re: I'm kinda iffy on transgenders on stuff and I hope not to offend anyone( and I do I am sorry in advance.) But would both Mutsuki and Kanae both be considered transgendered. Or would Kanae just be a cross-dresser.

Again, I'm sorry for my ignorance on the matter.

Qurupeke

Serious question regarding Tokyo Ghoul Re: I'm kinda iffy on transgenders on stuff and I hope not to offend anyone( and I do I am sorry in advance.) But would both Mutsuki and Kanae both be considered transgendered. Or would Kanae just be a cross-dresser.

Again, I'm sorry for my ignorance on the matter.

Mutsuki is, as he felt more like a man than a woman and he felt uncomfortable when he had to disguise as a girl. On the other hand, I feel Kanae just wanted to keep the Rosenwald name, so I guess she just hide this side of herself and presented herself as a son. Even the name Kanae consists of every name in her family. I think it's mostly something she thought she had to do. At least so far, there aren't any different implications. It gives quite a twist to the Kanae-Shu relationship too.

Kurita

Indeed, one of my favorite casts ever.

One Punch Man 104

Such a vindictive little...Was good to see her struggling to pick him up. She is obviously is pretty aware how much stronger he is now though considering she has taken far more damage trying to hurt him. Haha, I am sure he will just smash the ground to get out. Still I hope the author actually allows Saitama to do something. I think he is being awfully indulgent with her.

Also, Fukubai trying to act tough.

Shengar

Witch of the Old World
While this is fitting for series, I don't think being an oneshot isn't so bad after all. While there are many mysteries still lingers, the manga wouldn't worth that much if the author still portraying religious authority in such cliched hostile manner. It could have one sympathetic character, or at least, a character who don' trust "magic" without shouting heresy and that stuff.

Zweizer

Banned
galko-chan 1-2 (?)

hopefully the anime announcement means someone'll pick this up

or maybe comicwalker got its english shit together and started putting things up for sale (nop still dead lmao)

seriously tho how has this not been translated?!?!

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for as well. It's apparently pretty popular in Japan, so it puzzles me that there's so little interest in translating it.

Did someone said witch?

Paging AHB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom