• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup

not going to lie I didn't really miss it and can't really get hyped with all these great stuff in all entertainment (manga, tv, movies, anime, games, etc)

--------------------------------------------------
one reply say HXH

NOW that is what I'd be Hyped about

jbug617

Banned
The next volume cover for Shokugeki no Soma
CWjT4i9UEAA3d2a.jpg

Dragonhead v1

Saw that it had won an award. Decided to give it a go. Finished v1.

Still wondering why in blazes it got the kodansha thingie.

Golgo 13 v1
I find the way these ancient stories are written absolutely fascinating. Truly a product of the cold war.

Do wish that i could find more books with the same vibe.

Grappler Baki v1
Nope. Nopenopenope. Postponed yet again.

2001+5
On one hand, there is a good futuristic arthurian tale in there.
On the other hand, it isn't finished, nor will it evee be.

Kinda regret reading it.

you know I spent enough time in this thread for Grimace to be one of the last people to seriously have an avatar like that

things change
Well, it's not like we're going anywhere, so take your time~

wait you never told him?

Oh God

Shh, it's more fun this way.
by going anywhere I meant people changing

welcome to the new MangaGAF

5 days left. Blame Sheamus.

nice try hiding the truth Grimace

I'll stop now

Assass Classroom 169

This chapter was pretty goddam great. After the stupid sexy Kayano Arc, I really have to say that...for a manga that I absolutely love (even though Neuro is still much better) the manga has REALLY dropped in quality and either adopted a lot of shoneny tropes it managed to avoid before or just pull some really bad storylines. Kinda fell apart real hard for me. But this chapter was excellent, I adore that they handle the fight in 1 chapter and that it was pretty much a culmination of everything they learned all executed to win against an overpowering foe. That and the actual tactics and art was drawn very well to show the movement and impact of their moves. The final stretch of pages with Nagisa and Karma's tag team attack looked so bad-ass.

Sorry just now seeing this but what makes seraph of the end the best anime/manga? I thought it was trash

Hero academy, black clover, Tokyo ghoul, haikyuu, one punch man. So many better ones

I can only somehwat agree with Haikyuu!! and BLack Clover is getting up there, but the others? no.

Seraph of the End has such good pacing, storytelling, worldbuilding, and character design. Rather than going the evil route with rivals it plays putting the same type of character on each side, give them equivalent emotional struggles, while having them deal with accepting the apocalyptic world they live in. With very high friendship levels, excellent magicks, and vampires, seraphic beings, and humans, its the leading action manga of this year and the next. How can one think its bad? Its the first time Ive seen the vampire idea be done well in a manga and in current media.
CWjdrHkW4AAREcW.png

I really love the quality of the Tokyo Ghoul physical manga releases. Bigger page sizes, better covers than most. Feels like a better quality book than other physical manga volumes I have (Nozaki-kun, D-Frag, Akame ga KILL!)

Probably this
o697K7c.jpg

Hahahaha, nope. Not a chance in hell am I reading that after the garbage that was the last few arcs of Naruto. If it had been Sarada as main character then maybe, but even that would be a tough sell with the fanfic-tier story that went down at the end of that.

Lain

Dragonhead v1

Saw that it had won an award. Decided to give it a go. Finished v1.

Still wondering why in blazes it got the kodansha thingie.

Probably because the judges read the whole thing.
It's not a bad work. It's weird but I found it to be quite the ride.

----------------

I saw some talk of Seraph of the End in the previous page. Since I finally got the first volume, lemme chime in with just this: it was disappoiting. The cover art and the art inside don't match as far as cool factor goes. I'm all in for trashy manga with good looking drawings (I read all the Aya Shouto manga I can get), but if the work is trashy and my eyes don't get pleasured, what's the point?!

Probably this
o697K7c.jpg

Why don't they let this series RIP instead of continuing to make it terrible. The series already turned bad no need to ruin it further.

I can't see any good reason to continue with a new generation as it would just become a rehash that's even more terrible than the original.

This is why we must be grateful that some series didn't become uber popular

Saves us from milking it and/or having the series extend into reptitive long final arcs with terrible pacing and genric effects and story telling to pander to the masses.... but not enough popularity and then we get either a rushed or cancelled ending

There needs to be a balance

Like making porridge.... not to hot or cold

Manga is Porridge

Why don't they let this series RIP instead of continuing to make it terrible. The series already turned bad no need to ruin it further.

I can't see any good reason to continue with a new generation as it would just become a rehash that's even more terrible than the original.

I like the Naruto 'verse, but it's clear that the story ran out of steam a while ago.

What would be interesting (if obviously totally unworkable due to running entirely counter to the way things work) is if they took an American comic approach to it. Get a new writer on board.

Averon

The series makes too much money and is too popular for SJ to just let it die, especially when they have no property to replace it. Quality be damned.

If this is Naruto GT, I wonder who is going to write it. I cannot imagine Kishi returning after being adamant about wanting to move on from Naruto after the Boruto movie.

random25

Nisekoi 199

Congratulations Raku for for breaking out of the dense-zone. If it wasn't so obvious since the first chapters I would have been excited with the reveal.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 199

So does anyone think the author will go all the way and do something big for the 200th chapter?

Took 200 chapters for Raku to realize he liked Chitoge, now let's see how many it takes for him to make a move on her.

There's no way Onodera will lose off screen.
We'll see her at the very least confessing to Raku before the end of the series.

Kaguya Wants to Be Confessed To 1-4

Heh heh. This is a pretty cute, amusing series. There's some real charm to-

Kaguya Wants to Be Confessed To 5

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Nisekoi 199

Exclusive feelings only for Chitoge

that one Onodera fan that votes obstinately in the character poll multiple times is on suicide watch

Boku no Hero Academia 72

lol mad spamming camp

Tigers boot camp is the worst one.... everyone descended to hell

A raid by the newbie villains... let us see how this goes

Gintama ending in 2016.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Oh well it's understandable.

it was known

that Nisekoi and maybe even Toriko

but do you have a link?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Tomo-chan 234

And that moron thinks he's in pain now, go get 'em Jun!

Tomo-chan 234

Hahahahahahahaha this guy is having a bad day and it's about to get a hell of a lot worse.

I almost feel sorry for him...who the hell am I kidding this is gonna be amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom