• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Hero Academia 72

What an ominous ending...

I really liked the training sequence, though the cats skew a little bit closely to "quirky for the sake of it" territory for my taste. Plus, this series is really moving a mile a minute. Just like the last training arc, I guess.

Tripon

Kiss x Death 1-2

Reading Kiss x Death, Kanou Yashiro new series (Pretty Girl, MxO). It's about an Alien civilization that uses Earth as their own Australia to send all their prisoners to exile. It's sorta like Parasyte.

Didn't expect this.

E5I8vxw.png

Sealed

Banned
Assassination Classroom 169

Well, seems we're at the final boss fight. I wonder how the class will handle fighting Shiro and the God of Death. Will Koro-Sensei die for them? Whatever happens, it seems like the manga is going to be ending soon.

My Hero Academia 72

let's see if that training is producing any results

My Hero Academia 72

What an ominous ending...

I really liked the training sequence, though the cats skew a little bit closely to "quirky for the sake of it" territory for my taste. Plus, this series is really moving a mile a minute. Just like the last training arc, I guess.

They are because they're very heavily about a marketed super hero group

Averon

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-manga-supervised-by-masashi-kishimoto/.96700

The countdown website for the "Next Generation" of the Naruto franchise ended on Saturday to announce a new manga in the franchise. Mikio Ikemoto, who worked as an assistant under original manga creator Masashi Kishimoto on Naruto, is drawing the new manga. Kishimoto will supervise the manga, and Ukyō Kodachi (Naruto - Gaara Hiden: Sajingensō novel, Boruto -Naruto the Movie- screenplay cooperation) will write the manga's script. The new manga will focus on Boruto.

Fuck this seriously fuck this. I'm already tired of the bullshit that occurred in Naruto. I don't want to go through it with Boruto which most likely going to be a lame rehash version of Naruto. To make matters worse Boruto is a terrible character and it's going to be following him. Heck I would of preferred his sister to be the MC.

They're going to milk this series dry even if it's going to turn to shit. I honestly wonder if this is going to go in the same route that Naruto did where there was timeskip later on (shippuden) because if so it's going to be a long shitty road ahead of us.

Averon

It's a monthly series, so they at lease they spared you having to endure it week by week. You just have to deal with it once a month.

Sealed

Banned

RG0BS1U.gif

honestly, I don't really feel anything towards it. I'll read it, and I hope it's good, but I also won't be upset if it's not. It won't change how I feel towards Naruto, which had some rough times, but I remember fondly for being one of the first manga I ever read, and what really helped introduce me to the medium.

I'm glad Kishimoto isn't doing it though, I want him to write this sci fi thing he was talking about.

smh

The only reason i would maybe check it out is because Sarada seems cool but there is a 90% chance it will be about Boruto and i don't give a flying fuck about him

Zweizer

Banned
Golgo 13 v1
I find the way these ancient stories are written absolutely fascinating. Truly a product of the cold war.

Do wish that i could find more books with the same vibe.

Sanctuary and Black Lagoon feel kind of similar (more the former than the latter), though as far as the rather broody atmosphere goes, I thought Ashita no Joe had some similarities as well.

Everyone likes Dungeon Meshi.

It's just that good~

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 199

Finally! Knew it since the first chapter and it finally happened. Best girl won. Best Nisekoi chapter ever.
I don't think he no longer likes the other girl now it's just a full on love triangle of people in strict outward denial for no reason.

Jaxec

Shokugeki 148

Soma laying down that hot fire. Also Hisako looking really happy when Soma was announced as the winner. I ship it even more now. Hisako>Erina. I wonder where we go from here?

Jintor

went out and got the dungeon meshi books today. The cover quality is insanely good, like, holy shit. I'm talking about the actual material used, it's nice and thick stock, really makes the book feel... like, the closest equivalent to a leather-bound cookbook from the dungeon era (so to speak) that would be cool to make

Zweizer

Banned
went out and got the dungeon meshi books today. The cover quality is insanely good, like, holy shit. I'm talking about the actual material used, it's nice and thick stock, really makes the book feel... like, the closest equivalent to a leather-bound cookbook from the dungeon era (so to speak) that would be cool to make

Sounds lovely. It reminds me of the first two Dorohedoro books, whose covers have an awesome scaly texture.

Neko Ane 01-10

voaKcO4.jpg
T1EkNcT.jpg

Synopsis: "When Midou Ginnosuke lost both parents at the age of ten, his grandmother decides to take him in. He goes to live with her and her pet cat, Anzu. Life was peaceful for a time and all was right with the world, until he wakes up one morning and discovers that the girl with cat ears lying beside him is none other than Anzu, who has transformed into a nekomata (two-tailed monster cat)."

Pretty hearwarming stuff. It is pretty fun seeing Anzu adapt to human life and Midou trying to adapt to the clueless Anzu. A nice feel-good manga with likeable characters.

Also cat-ear nee-chan <3

Zweizer

Banned
Well.

Are super buff girls a new manga niche?
(I just saw someone talking about it on Facebook)

So moe~

Is this a spinoff about Alex Louis Armstrong secret sister?

Neko Ane 01-10

voaKcO4.jpg
T1EkNcT.jpg

Pretty hearwarming stuff. It is pretty fun seeing Anzu adapt to human life and Midou trying to adapt to the clueless Anzu. A nice feel-good manga with likeable characters.

Also cat-ear nee-chan <3

Sounds nice.

spiritfox

Shit, I want. Hope it gets picked up in the West.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Well.

Are super buff girls a new manga niche?
(I just saw someone talking about it on Facebook)

The perfect girlfriend for Dokyusei Macho-kun protagonist!

Bokura no Hikari club end

The Prequel to Litchii Hikari Club. The story about how the hikari club was formed.
It all start out normally. Tamiya, Dafu, and Kaneda finding an abandoned factory, making it a secret base as a way to enjoy themselves. Everyday was fun and no boring day, until the day they meet Zera, a genius loner. It really fleshed out several characters that appear in Litchii Hikari Club. We find out the formation of Hikari club, the reason why Zera is obsessed with beauty and desire to conquer the world, Jaibo perversion, Nico obsession with being Eins and his loyalty to Zera. So yeah, it serve more as a supplemental manga for Litchii Hikari Club. I recommend to give it a read for the fans of Litchii Hikari Club.

Despite being prequel, i think it's better to read it in release order. The best thing about Litchii Hikari Club is seeing a depraved group doing insane shit with the reader questioning their motive and such. Reading the Bokura no Hikari club first will lessen the impact and shock factor in Litchii Hikari club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom