• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Soma 151 - Well I think I'm underwhelmed by Erinas reaction a bit. But then she hasn't confronted him yet. Certainly the changes to the ten were a long time coming. I didn't realise the school administration decided on it though. I figured it was all contest based.

Still don't really get how accepting people are of the new order though. You'd think the alums would move against him. Or someone setting up a new alternate school full of alums or staff who leave.

-Horizon-

I guess Souma's dad planned it all out. To have Souma and Erina meet in their first year so that Souma can improve his cooking by having someone to cook for and for Erina to free herself from the bonds her father placed.

Busaiku

I guess Souma's dad planned it all out. To have Souma and Erina meet in their first year so that Souma can improve his cooking by having someone to cook for and for Erina to free herself from the bonds her father placed.
What if he just didn't want a kid around.

Cwarrior

CZMu_HZXEAE4Pnv.jpg

Kubo got great taste, tao is the goat.

When impulse buying manga goes wrong...

the first 10 pages of Die Wergelder:

-One eyed prostitute has 3 vibrators strapped in her mouth and 2 in her butt while a guy bangs her from behind and pulls a strap that looks like it's completely crushing her mid-section
-Hey, it was consensual and part of her job. But also she's an assassin and kills him by rotating his head so that his chin is pointing up. Like turning a kitchen dial to 30 minutes.
-Then a girl with one bloody stump of an arm gives birth to a dead baby and laughs about it

I'll finish it, but the amazon description made it sound like i was getting a semi-pulpy, action revenge thriller story. I guess all this is setting up the revenge part...mangaka went in pretty hard though. my monocle fell off a bit lol

wonzo

Banned
When impulse buying manga goes wrong...

the first 10 pages of Die Wergelder:

-One eyed prostitute has 3 vibrators strapped in her mouth and 2 in her butt while a guy bangs her from behind and pulls a strap that looks like it's completely crushing her mid-section
-Hey, it was consensual and part of her job. But also she's an assassin and kills him by rotating his head so that his chin is pointing up. Like turning a kitchen dial to 30 minutes.
-Then a girl with one bloody stump of an arm gives birth to a dead baby and laughs about it

I'll finish it, but the amazon description made it sound like i was getting a semi-pulpy, action revenge thriller story. I guess all this is setting up the revenge part...mangaka went in pretty hard though. my monocle fell off a bit lol

based samura

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma 151 - Well I think I'm underwhelmed by Erinas reaction a bit. But then she hasn't confronted him yet. Certainly the changes to the ten were a long time coming. I didn't realise the school administration decided on it though. I figured it was all contest based.

Still don't really get how accepting people are of the new order though. You'd think the alums would move against him. Or someone setting up a new alternate school full of alums or staff who leave.
Its pacing. You have to have her reaction faces and melting into a blob in separate chapters.

Fureru to Kikoeru 1-2
New romcom(?) series from the author of Nozoki Ana and Nozomi x Kimio. The MC gains the power to hear people's thoughts through contact, after a weird transfer student falls in love with him. The heroine is a pink-haired oddball named Satori
best Touhou
, so there's no way I'm not following this.

Zweizer

Banned
Criminale!

This has potential!

Knowing that he attracts criminals, I can't say that I was surprised by the Yandere reveal though.

#notallyanderes

Fureru to Kikoeru 1-2

New romcom(?) series from the author of Nozoki Ana and Nozomi x Kimio. The MC gains the power to hear people's thoughts through contact, after a weird transfer student falls in love with him. The heroine is a pink-haired oddball named Satori
best Touhou
, so there's no way I'm not following this.

Either satoris are supposed to be pink, or this is a pretty blatant reference to Touhou, lol.

Fureru to Kikoeru 1-2
Setting is interesting. Will read more of it.

AKB49 72
Really, the manga is really funny when you know it is a guy who's playing idol.
One missed opportunity is to show readers what music they should listen to while reading chapters.

Sakura No Sono 1

Surreal backgrounds - check.
Cute middle school girls - check.
SD artstyle - check.
Having the MC saying "dick" every three panels - check.

This is weird.

Sakura No Sono 11
rofl-roll-violet-1.gif

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hinamatsuri 51
"Jesus, how often do they shag?"-> this line kill me.
So, um, happy ending for Ikaruga, i guess?
Now we're waiting for Anzu appearance.

Shokugeki no Soma 151

Well, here it is,Erina learn the truth. Father and daughter want the attention of Soma's dad? Oh my...

Zweizer

Banned
Hinamatsuri ch51

Aw, such a heartful reunion.

It's nice that Mao managed to reunite with everyone after all her hardships.

I want to see her interact with Anzu next.

Good Night World 1
4 members of a broken family are, unbeknown to each-other, the perfect family inside a virtual game. Usually I'm wary about MMORPG settings, but the mournful contrast between the characters' interactions inside and outside the game is effective enough that I want to read further.

Either satoris are supposed to be pink, or this is a pretty blatant reference to Touhou, lol.
I can say with certainty that I've never met a satori IRL with non-pink hair.

phaze

Soma

This school makes no sense. I guess it never did but now it's reaching previously unexplored heights of stupidity.

Like someone said earlier, bit disappointed with Erina's reaction.

The Moon is Beautiful Tonight, But First, Die 1

fIvuGQP.png

1) Take 1 MC and 1 childhood waifu
2) Infect them with a pseudo-virus that turns love into a desire to kill
3) Throw in superhuman strength for shits and giggles
4) ????
5) Manga

Following this like a stalker hiding behind a lamppost. A story where any character can be potentially be yanderised is just too delicious to pass up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hinamatsuri 51
"Jesus, how often do they shag?"-> this line kill me.
So, um, happy ending for Ikaruga, i guess?
Now we're waiting for Anzu appearance.

Shokugeki no Soma 151

Well, here it is,Erina learn the truth. Father and daughter want the attention of Soma's dad? Oh my...
The only real question is whether she turns into goo around Soma or if she doubles down on the tsun due to suddenly being hot for his cooking.

Hayate - 516

This chapter was an utter waste of toilet paper
:p

Kingdom - 460

Oh boy! This was the build up needed for Kan Ki to show off. Lets see how it goes.

Zweizer

Banned
The moon is beautiful tonight, but first, die ch1 by Kaname Majuro and Sakakibara Sousou

Guy gets infected with something that gives him an uncontrollable urge to kill his love interest as well as incredible strength. Havoc ensues.

Great potential for yandere action.

bobohoro

Assassination Classroom 172

What's there even left to teach? And how can you waste even a second on being haughty while your students stand there unprotected? Bad form Koro-sensei!

Hayate no Gotoku 516

Well, at least it went on to be a somewhat decent joke.
Although not worth a complete chapter.
But hey.

convo

Pretty much, yeah. Though I'd wait a chapter or two for confirmation.

Well i don't believe this in the slightest. Think about what series you're reading here and how long this has been going. We need more apocalypse-level gambling metaphors for this to get anywhere close to ending if you ask me.

Zweizer

Banned
Well i don't believe this in the slightest. Think about what series you're reading here and how long this has been going. We need more apocalypse-level gambling metaphors for this to get anywhere close to ending if you ask me.

Maybe the metaphors are going to come in the next chapters, but yeah, that's why I said I'd wait for a couple more, lol.

Kingdom 460

Kyroten making top gun moves.... things are heating up to a massive move

Boku no Hero Academia 74-75

the villain that killed the kid's parents appearing is a high coincidence... oh well

Katsuki Bakugou being targeted by the villains makes sense... it was either him or the ice/fire dude but the kid got some reassurance so I took him of the evil path which just left Katsuki Bakugou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom