• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 107
Honestly I'm surprised with Jun bluntness on this matter.
But he really have that spirit of steel. Jun wouldn't fall for it.

Vinland Saga 111

Lol this is totally Berserk now. Get on a boat with your JRPG party (add a baby and a dog while you're at it why not) and go to the magical land of HEALING

Shengar

Why not? That'd spice things up even further!
lewd is not good
Vinland Saga 111

Lol this is totally Berserk now. Get on a boat with your JRPG party (add a baby and a dog while you're at it why not) and go to the magical land of HEALING

Wait until Thorkell showed up and turn everything to hell
Thorkell won't show up and the author wouldn't ever make Canute conquest of England for spin-offs ;__;

Vinland Saga 117

All caught up now, quite the enjoyable read. Around the current halfway point the series takes such a massively drastic and unique turn I wonder how many people were disappointed and dropped it. It threw me for a loop. Comparisons to Berserk and the Golden Age are really easy to make, except that after the long and violent prologue Guts got more violent while Thorfinn went in pretty much the complete opposite direction as a character. The character development in this manga is way above average, even among other seinen series.

The setting is also well researched for a Japanese author, which is rather impressive. I'm not an expert on the Nordic cultures but everything seems accurate enough. The art is good, clean and expressive, but not the best. However the art seems to have gotten an upgrade in the past 3-4 chapters.

Shin Kurosawa 35-36

Guevara is probably the most noble character in any FKMT work ever. It's painful to watch him get shit on.

Centaur's Worries 64

This is the weirdest series

Shengar

Vinland Saga 117

All caught up now, quite the enjoyable read. Around the current halfway point the series takes such a massively drastic and unique turn I wonder how many people were disappointed and dropped it. It threw me for a loop. Comparisons to Berserk and the Golden Age are really easy to make, except that after the long and violent prologue Guts got more violent while Thorfinn went in pretty much the complete opposite direction as a character. The character development in this manga is way above average, even among other seinen series.

The setting is also well researched for a Japanese author, which is rather impressive. I'm not an expert on the Nordic cultures but everything seems accurate enough. The art is good, clean and expressive, but not the best. However the art seems to have gotten an upgrade in the past 3-4 chapters.

IIRC, a northern europe historian said that the author managed to get it right on superficial thing like the war, food, etc. It is just the character behavior that resemble Japanese too much, but if that what makes the manga enjoyable I guess I'll take it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
KINGDOM

DAT CLIFFHANGER.

DOMESTIC NO KANOJO

Man, against all common sense I am actually rooting for Hina and Natsuo to be the end couple. Most probably won't happen but I want it damn it.

*Raises flame shield* I know you're more of a Rui groupie GAF, but I stand by my decision! *braces for impact*

dani_dc

DOMESTIC NO KANOJO

Man, against all common sense I am actually rooting for Hina and Natsuo to be the end couple. Most probably won't happen but I want it damn it.

*Raises flame shield* I know you're more of a Rui groupie GAF, but I stand by my decision! *braces for impact*

Oh, don't worry, I do want Hina and Natsuo to end up together as a couple, but only because they're both horrible people and I think they deserve each other!

Rui is way too good for either of them!

dani_dc

Domestic Na Kanojo 58

Rui is really not very intelligent when it comes to social interactions, if that much wasn't obvious by now.

I do wonder where the mother will be going with this.

KINGDOM

DAT CLIFFHANGER.

DOMESTIC NO KANOJO

Red, all caps, bold and underline? A bit too much.

bobohoro

Oh, don't worry, I do want Hina and Natsuo to end up together as a couple, but only because they're both horrible people and I think they deserve each other!

Agreed.

Domestic Na Kanojo 58

I don't think the mother will be any trouble. She probably knew from the start anyway.

Yamada 167

I feel like we have been here before, at least half a dozen times.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Red, all caps, bold and underline? A bit too much.

Oh shush, it's not like I post often in this thread let me have a bit of fun every now and then :p

I suppose...? Though I don't really get the "horrible people" vibe from either of them. I think Nisekoi's Raku's horribleness is several times much higher than Natsuo, to be honest.

Zweizer

Banned
Sakura no Sono ch1-2 by Fumi Fumiko

sakusono2njuz7.png

A group of students living in a strange and phantasmagoric world seemingly set in the future, where no men seem to exist. There's not much in the story department so far, but its setting and visuals are pretty intriguing.

The protagonist is also very curious about dicks.

dani_dc

Finally saw someone reading Prison School in public in Japan!
A woman reading Vol. 16 Ch.152 in the train!

My day became immediately better.

I suppose...? Though I don't really get the "horrible people" vibe from either of them. I think Nisekoi's Raku's horribleness is several times much higher than Natsuo, to be honest.

Natsu keep taking advantage of Rui emotions for him even though he was after Hina, while Hina went after the boy her sister liked knowing full well that she liked him (not to mention the teacher/student relationship), both if which I'd argue are pretty shitty things to do.

Raku is a moron, but he's not lying or taking advantage of girls emotions, he's just complete idiot

Shengar

Vinland Saga 113-117

When I thought the author wouldn't be able to put action chapters back in, Hild happened.
Also Thorfinn disappoint me. Takamura armed with but his barehands yet he can defeat a beat while Thorfinn can't do shit with knife!

Zweizer

Banned

Nice! Did you become friends with her? It's impressive that you knew the exact chapter she was reading, lol

Shengar

A woman no less, this is really surprising.
Maybe she can't resist Chairman's aura of awesomenass.
Nice! Did you become friends with her? It's impressive that you knew the exact chapter she was reading, lol

I know if it was you instead of Danim you'll take out a copy of your own in front of her!

bobohoro

Natsu keep taking advantage of Rui emotions for him even though he was after Hina, while Hina went after the boy her sister liked knowing full well that she liked him (not to mention the teacher/student relationship), both if which I'd argue are pretty shitty things to do.

Raku is a moron, but he's not lying or taking advantage of girls emotions, he's just complete idiot

There is also the thing about Natsu and Hina just being completely unlikeable as characters, even without their dubious actions. They both are whiney, indecisive, moody and just seem to be a total drag to hang out with.

dani_dc

Nah, I don't tend to talk with people I don't know, particularly in a country where people don't feel comfortable talking in English.

And I'm not sure "Prison School ichiban manga" is the best icebreaker there is!

Regarding the chapter, well, the next page was Ch. 153 cover page, which is very easy to recognize... And also not something I can post here.

A woman no less, this is really surprising.
Maybe she can't resist Chairman's aura of awesomenass.

Yeah, that's what caught me of guard the most, I had to double check the cover!

I am happy people of all kinds can appreciate the gift of Prison School, regardless of reasons!

Everyone should carry a volume of Prison School around!

I should buy a Prison Scool volume and then just sit on the train and pretend I'm reading, and just loop around Yamanote line until someone talks to me.

I wanna carry a Zweizer around everywhere

Panda living the dangerous life!

Usobuko

Banned
Sakura no Sono ch1-2 by Fumi Fumiko

A group of students living in a strange and phantasmagoric world seemingly set in the future, where no men seem to exist. There's not much in the story department so far, but its setting and visuals are pretty intriguing.

The protagonist is also very curious about dicks.

Is this is like the slightly lewd version of Azumanga Daioh in a visually weird but somewhat interesting setting?

Zweizer

Banned
Not that just shameless!

Nothing shameless about being enlightened!

I wanna carry a Zweizer around everywhere

Lewd~

Just bought a EOIV and have
a Landshark
named Zweizer.

Hey now ( - w -)

Nah, I don't tend to talk with people I don't know, particularly in a country where people don't feel comfortable talking in English.

And I'm not sure "Prison School ichiban manga" is the best icebreaker there is!

Regarding the chapter, well, the next page was Ch. 153 cover page, which is very easy to recognize... And also not something I can post here.

What a missed opportunity!

And yeah, I can see why you remembered~

Yeah, that's what caught me of guard the most, I had to double check the cover!

I am happy people of all kinds can appreciate the gift of Prison School, regardless of reasons!

Prison School has universal appeal, you know! Spread the gloriousness of smut~

I should buy a Prison Scool volume and then just sit on the train and pretend I'm reading, and just loop around Yamanote line until someone talks to me.

Do it. What's the worst that could happen?

Is this is like the slightly lewd version of Azumanga Daioh in a visually weird but somewhat interesting setting?

There seems to be an overarching narrative, so I'm not sure I'd call it slice-of-life-ish. A bit too early to say, I think.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Nothing wrong with carrying an award winning manga around :3

UQ Holder 87

Pose time! It's not Jojo-tier, but that will have to do.

Tomo chan wa onna no ko 107

Yeah, i can relate to what Jun saying here.
Don't want to get dragged into "boing-boing" wonderland.

Just ordered all of Akira and the first four volumes of Monster. Never read either before.

On that note, jet.com has huge discounts on manga. Filled in my missing Yotsuba volumes and ordered 5 volumes of Food Wars too.

Centaur's Worries 64

Wow this chapter threw in like 50 different real world themes and references .

everything from NSA monitoring, ISIS terrorism, racism, japanese homonegy, japan's maid culture, even a little ribbing at Chinese aggression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom