• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aobajousai Cover, thank you!!!!
CKmLtWFUcAE_z2D.jpg:large

Now we just need a Fukurodani team cover (we had Bokuto) and we had a Nekoma team Cover.

Arabesque

Nisekoi spoilers

Yeah, I think that Nisekoi is now due to end in about a year naturally (maybe around chapters 225 or 235, 250 if the editorial told Komi to extend it). I can't see this being other than the beginning of the end, and the start where everything comes to the forefront.

Makes sense that the whole marriage offer was a lie, since she did genuinely care about Yui and wouldn't force her to do something she wouldn't want. Making her make that move was for the best in the end.

More thoughts when the chapter comes out.

I guess
Yui
is 99% going to be the main girl on the cover for volume 20, with
Chitoge
and
Marika
in the background.

Tizoc

Today i discovered there is a 4th Grappler Baki series

One Piece 113-153

Well I tried. Again. But I'm really not feeling it. I think it's the combination of the overly goofy tone and artmstyle, not very continuous story arcs(though obviously alabasta princess is the exception) and I don't know, the lack of any plot hook that interests me ? Looking for One Piece and trying to become the Pirate King really doesn't interest me, especially given that from I've read, it's not like there is much progress on that front till now. Even Gon's demented search for his father did more for me than this. There are some plot threads in the background like Blackbeard, Shanks and Ace that make me a bit curious but it isn't enough to go on.

One Piece ended up hooking me after the Alabasta arc. The series builds up a lot of stuff and sets things up early on and usually pays off.
You just gotta muscle it up and keep on reading.

Shengar

One Piece ended up hooking me after the Alabasta arc. The series builds up a lot of stuff and sets things up early on and usually pays off.

Baroque Work Saga is one of the best part of One Piece to date. The builds up is amazing and it was concluded in very satisfying way against Crocodile. Nico Robin as Miss All Sunday was very interesting of a character too.

One Piece 113-153

Well I tried. Again. But I'm really not feeling it. I think it's the combination of the overly goofy tone and artmstyle, not very continuous story arcs(though obviously alabasta princess is the exception) and I don't know, the lack of any plot hook that interests me ? Looking for One Piece and trying to become the Pirate King really doesn't interest me, especially given that from I've read, it's not like there is much progress on that front till now. Even Gon's demented search for his father did more for me than this. There are some plot threads in the background like Blackbeard, Shanks and Ace that make me a bit curious but it isn't enough to go on.

Innocent 6-20

Taillle, dime, aides, gabelle, taillon, octrois mentions. Kudos to author for at least opening a history book. Or a wiki page.

Dude you haven't even reached the Water 7/CP9 arc which is arguably the best One Piece arc. You should continue reading One Piece it's worth it, plus the later arcs are pretty great.

LeleSocho

Banned
One Piece 113-153

It's ok, if Alabasta didn't make you want to read more then nothing will since it alongside Water7 are easily the best arcs of the manga.
The art style changed a bit after that so you might read a couple of random modern chapters and see if they fancy you but i doubt it.

Tizoc

Baki Dou Ch. 5
So lacking anyone to fight against Baki and Yujirou
they're cloning Miyamoto Musashi so he ends up duking it out with them

phaze

That's what I heard, when I tried to drop the anime before the Arlong Arc. lol

Dude you haven't even reached the Water 7/CP9 arc which is arguably the best One Piece arc. You should continue reading One Piece it's worth it, plus the later arcs are pretty great.

How far away am I from that ?

It's ok, if Alabasta didn't make you want to read more then nothing will since it alongside Water7 are easily the best arcs of the manga.
The art style changed a bit after that so you might read a couple of random modern chapters and see if they fancy you but i doubt it.

I'm (I assume) just before the start of Alabasta arc proper. Reindeer guy was added to the crew and they set out for Alabasta.

That's what I heard, when I tried to drop the anime before the Arlong Arc. lol

How far away am I from that ?

I'm (I assume) just before the start of Alabasta arc proper. Reindeer guy was added to the crew and they set out for Alabasta.

After Jaya, Skypeia, and Long Ring Long Land arc you will finally reach Water 7 which continues on to the Enies Lobby arc. So you have to read about 3 arcs to reach it.

Honestly I enjoyed the Alabasta arc a bit but I never thought it was great, but then again I'm the guy who enjoyed the Skypeia arc immensely lol.

Shengar

Honestly I enjoyed the Alabasta arc a bit but I never thought it was great, but then again I'm the guy who enjoyed the Skypeia arc immensely lol.
It was the result of build ups throughout the early Grand Line journey. While Baroque Work is looming, the story progressed naturally even when the Strawhat have to divert from their destination to the Drum Kingdom. Overall Arabasta Arc while quite ambitious, it was well executed unlike recent arc that actually should be similar in scope but rather sloppily executed.

Skypeia isn't bas honestly. It was solid. Maybe people don't really like it because in the end it feels like a filler (and a filler it is even now, though a good one).

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Water 7 properly starts around 320-ish chapters in, which is kind of asking a lot, given where phaze is at right now. That saga is brilliant though, don't get me wrong.

fwiw Alabasta is still one of my top favorite arcs and I'd highly recommend at least finishing that up before deciding to move on. Obviously, if you've had your fill though, you've had your fill.

Skypiea was hype af.

Toriko

Surprised that one of those chefs that I thought was a dude was actually a girl..... Edit: Nevermind it seems that one scan was just a mistranslation, nevertheless I am overly liking their personalities so far

Takemitsu Zamurai 1-20

This is pretty cool so far. The art style is super stylized and kind of reminds me of Picasso at times. The use of panels is really strong as well. I don't know how quite to put it, but the storytelling in this is kind of atypical of a manga, maybe more like how a fable or a tale would be told.

I'm kind of on a historical binge, might read Otoyomegatari or Historie next so I can push off Vagabond a while longer

So, I started reading this just this week after watching a couple of the anime episodes and liking them. Having said that, I'm glad I made such decision. I like the tone and pacing of the story , as well as most of the characters. Also, comedy and romance seem to be in just the right balance. One of the most memorable things about this is the reaction faces, seriously, some of them are hillarious, this one being one my top ten:

Assassination Classroom ~50

Having finished the anime and knowing I got to the baseball game I reread that and got to the end of the second Itona fight. The anime only skipped over two shorter character chapters about the body arist and swimmer girl which while good I can see why the anime skipped them. At worst they can be an ova or an episode in season 2 retconned into a later part of the story easily. Nagisa still is a bad ass with his take down of Takaoka

Gakkou Gurashi 36-37

Thats fucked up man.

Rii is losing her mind. Kurumi is slowly turning back into a zombie. Fuck this shit. I also dont trust these new girls at all. Cannibals maybe? I hope it isnt that.

Heartbreaking.

Zweizer

Banned

Skypiea was great, mainly due to the sense of exploration in an intriguing setting, and the historical background accompanying it.

So, I started reading this just this week after wat~hing a couple of the anime episodes and liking them. Having said that, I'm glad I made such decision. I like the tone and pacing of the story , as well as most of the characters. Also, comedy and romance seem to be in just the right balance. One of the most memorable things about this is the reaction faces, seriously, some of them are hillarious, this one being one my top ten:

Glad that you're enjoying it. The various expressions are indeed hilarious.

Ooedo Youkai Kawaraban 01

G0q5faA.jpg

The adventures of the sole human living in a demon city as he reports for the local newspaper the happenings of this strange town.

Gotta say it does very well gives the sense of bewilderment of regular demon activities such as putting out a demonic fire. I'm liking this human perspective and would like to see more of this city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom