• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering grabbing the Durarara!! novels as kindle downloads instead of physical books, since the physical books are like double if not more compared to the digital ones. Are kindle releases good quality wise, mostly talking about resolution for the few illustrations that light novels invariably have.

Which Kindle do you have?

For my BL light novel (from viz suBLime) on it (FIRE HD, I need to upgrade), the illustrations, though much larger than the physical books look fantastic on the screen.

For DRRR, I like how the color insert is a multi panelled pullout page type of thing instead of just multiple color pages, feels unique.

Turok_TTZ

Mothers are perceptive.

Rui is too kind for that pos.

UQ Holder 87
Touta needs to work on poses.
Maybe he should read Negima and copy Kotarou's poses.

Nice interview with the head of Yen Press about YowaPedal, Prison School and Light Novels.

Liked seeing them at AX this year, hope they go back next year!

OASG: What do you think will the biggest challenge in bringing over all these LNs in the next couple years?

Kurt: Finding good translators to handle all the work. *laughs* And surviving doing all the work to get them out.

I hope Mahouka Koukou gets a good one.

Lain

Which Kindle do you have?

For my BL light novel (from viz suBLime) on it (FIRE HD, I need to upgrade), the illustrations, though much larger than the physical books look fantastic on the screen.

For DRRR, I like how the color insert is a multi panelled pullout page type of thing instead of just multiple color pages, feels unique.

Actually none, I'd be reading it using the Kindle for PC app.

Rhapsody

Banned
Domestic na Kanojo 58

Again, Natsuo doesn't deserve Rui's kindness.

Also, last page has my attention. I wasn't expecting the parents to be involved this soon.

Horimiya 53

At least we get a moment between the two after this long arc.

Busaiku

Weren't all the main plot stuff of Horimiya already adapted?
Like everything now is just extra content that HERO kept doing for whatever, but things are basically set.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Natsu keep taking advantage of Rui emotions for him even though he was after Hina, while Hina went after the boy her sister liked knowing full well that she liked him (not to mention the teacher/student relationship), both if which I'd argue are pretty shitty things to do.

Raku is a moron, but he's not lying or taking advantage of girls emotions, he's just complete idiot

Eh, you're saying this like you're totally discounting Rui's own involvement in all of this. She's not also exactly the innocent little flower that can do no wrong like you're picturing her in here.

Also, you're saying Hina shouldn't be together with Natsu because Rui like her is like claiming Natsu is Rui's property or something like that. If anything, Rui also knows that Natsu is in love with her sister and vice versa and yet she also kept pursuing him.

That teacher/student relationship is kind of iffy though, I'll give you that.

Oh, and Raku is a wishy-washy bastard. At least Natsuo takes action and do something.

Are You Alice? Vol.09

Kdj2wECl.jpg

Screw you too Lewis Carroll for ruining everything

Soma

Weren't all the main plot stuff of Horimiya already adapted?
Like everything now is just extra content that HERO kept doing for whatever, but things are basically set.

yeah there's like over 500 chapters from HERO's original 4koma which is why I've been mostly fine with how there's been no "progression" lately in the adapted story. At it's core, it's a slice of life manga which is what it's pretty much been from the start and there's not a whole lot of reason to treat it as much more than that.

Big One

Banned
is gundam the origin a good retelling throughout the story so far? i picked up the first book and like what i see so far
I can't comment on how faithful it is, but I have three volumes and I thoroughly enjoy it. Great add to anyone's collection I feel.

jimwhat

World Trigger 109 (Spoiler, but not really important to the story)

A pretty slow chapter, but the two swords part was pretty funny

So I started reading the first two volumes of Yotsuba& this week and I got to say I'm really enjoying it. Hasn't failed puts a smile on my face while reading. Already got the next two volumes ordered along with Spice & Wolf and Durarara LN's.

phaze

One Piece 113-153

Well I tried. Again. But I'm really not feeling it. I think it's the combination of the overly goofy tone and artstyle, not very continuous story arcs(though obviously alabasta princess is the exception) and I don't know, the lack of any plot hook that interests me ? Looking for One Piece and trying to become the Pirate King really doesn't tickle my fancy, especially given that from I've read, it's not like there is much progress on that front till now. Even Gon's demented search for his father did more for me than this. There are some plot threads in the background like Blackbeard, Shanks and Ace that make me a bit curious but it isn't enough to go on.

Innocent 6-20

Taillle, dime, aides, gabelle, taillon, octrois mentions. Kudos to author for at least opening a history book. Or a wiki page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom