• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zz8Sdu2.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oij6q6HS9Y

Kill me. Just after the scars from the Screaming Lessons live action movie had healed, Match Girl's getting one as well. Using 2D to promote 3D oughta be punishable by reading all of Seo's works back to back.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 154

Kurokiba conveniently appears to get Worf'd.

I'd like to reiterate that the one big advantage of these random Team Evil characters is that they actually present a "who will win?" scenario, because Tsukuda can't keep throwing curveballs like the 3-way tie forever. There's room in the story for both a Kurokiba loss and a Kurokiba win instead of the usual "well this guy is obviously winning because of the prior setup".

Unless they go with "well he was the shittiest one of us" I can only assume that the reason a somewhat out of focus character appears to fight them (as opposed to someone we would care about losing) is so that he can do the job and make them look super strong. If they lose to Kurokiba, unless Soma himself isn't going to fight any of them, its just kind of dumb since Soma already 3-0'd the Ninth Seat of the Elite 10 and these guys aren't even good enough to get on the Elite 10.

Shokugeki no Soma 154

Alice appearing saved this chapter from that annoying ass man souring everything in the first few pages. Kurokiba should wipe the floor out of that annoying 2nd year dude

I'd be satisfied

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If they lose to Kurokiba, unless Soma himself isn't going to fight any of them, its just kind of dumb since Soma already 3-0'd the Ninth Seat of the Elite 10 and these guys aren't even good enough to get on the Elite 10.

I mean wouldn't this make sense?

Eizen > This guy
Soma > Eizan (without prep time)
Kurokiba ~= Soma

I don't think Soma is going to beat all of them by himself. This is like Naruto and co vs Orochimaru's boytoys. Naruto's friends have to win a few to show they're keeping up with Naruto.

If Hayama wins against Rindou, though. Fucking RIGGED.

bobohoro

Tomo 246

Her getting trolled was expected. To see users in this thread believing the age was meta funny.

Soma 154

One villain more comically evil, flat and boring than the one before. And Ryou's probably gonna lose to up the stakes, get revenge in there in some shit. Some shots of Alice were pretty nice, the rest of the chapter was kinda garbage. Soma started so strong, but is really dropping in my personal rankings with each week. It's nearing Bleach.

Assassination Classroom 175

Yep, saw the asspull coming a mile away. But anything else wouldn't really fit the overall tone of the story, honestly. Seems like Koro-sensei will have to bid his farewells soon, another tearjearking scene and a good finale would make this an overall really solid manga.

Tomo 246

Her getting trolled was expected. To see users in this thread believing the age was meta funny.

Soma 154

One villain more comically evil, flat and boring than the one before. And Ryou's probably gonna lose to up the stakes, get revenge in there in some shit. Some shots of Alice were pretty nice, the rest of the chapter was kinda garbage. Soma started so strong, but is really dropping in my personal rankings with each week. It's nearing Bleach.

Assassination Classroom 175

Yep, saw the asspull coming a mile away. But anything else wouldn't really fit the overall tone of the story, honestly. Seems like Koro-sensei will have to bid his farewells soon, another tearjearking scene and a good finale would make this an overall really solid manga.

Tearjearking? You mean everyone graduate and creying when they realize they are going their separate ways?

I think this chapter confirmed were getting a very happy ending.

LeleSocho

Banned
Mob Psycho 100 - 91.2

Reigen solving world hunger on pack of seeds at the time.
I would eat a broccolo that big immediately :Q___ _

bobohoro

He's good at making me question if Fairy Tail may not be the worst....I'm still not sure where I stand, I just hate both that's the only thing I know.

I'm in a similar position. Had FT higher the past couple of weeks due to excessive fanservice. Bleach got a cheek up with the ass shots of Yoruichi though.

And I'm really not looking for that stuff in my shounen manga, there are other genres for that. But that's just how bad those two series have gotten, if those aspects are the only worthwhile ones in there.

Tearjearking? You mean everyone graduate and creying when they realize they are going their separate ways?

I think this chapter confirmed were getting a very happy ending.

Nope. I can see Koro-Sensei dying. That last page of the recent chapter was pretty foreboding in that sense.

Dresden

Overlord -

I think it's charming that given the choice of avatars, all of Ainz's friends went for the bondage alien look.

I like this so far--it deals with the setting in a self serious (it's hard to just say 'serious' when the whole thing ends up being a chuuni power fantasy, anyway) manner and the result is one of those MMO ln stories that doesn't just feel like a backdrop for harem shenanigans. I guess making the lead an asexual skeleton lord helps too.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Soma 154

Alice is looking nice. Did the art style change slightly?
About to comment that too.
Yeah, i notice everyone get an upgrade in looks.
Alice become A++ tiers now.

Soma 154
I will laugh if elite edgelord got beaten by Kurokiba. He goes on and on about how he's the choosen one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom