• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akagi 108-109

Akagi Shigeru is a genuine psychopath, but despite that he isn't even close to the scummiest person in the underworld. He only goes after people far shittier then him with extreme prejudice. It's great.

About to comment that too.
Yeah, i notice everyone get an upgrade in looks.
Alice become A++ tiers now.

Soma 154
I will laugh if elite edgelord got beaten by Kurokiba. He goes on and on about how he's the choosen one.

He's not even in the Elite 10. I don't think he amounts to much beyond his posturing. Will be disappointed if he wins.

Zweizer

Banned
Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu ch15

hQpCmhh.png

Don't give up Bocchi!

You're more popular than you think
mostly with weirdos

dani_dc

Prison School 205

Last chapter I was thinking I wasn't quite feeling this premise, and then this chapter happened.

It's good to see a series where both female and male genitals get a chance to be important plot points.

The page of Kiyoshi saying "You're asking me... to commit suicide aren't you" is amazing, I wish I could post it here but I'm afraid it's not exactly safe for work.

phaze

Love Tyrant ch27

To be fair, that's a lot of insanity to take.

1446877627404v0yhf.gif

Love Tyrant 27

Best cat.

Best angel.

Best catangel.

(Thank God the imouto wasn't accidentally added into the harem.)
One Piece

I cri everytim...

Wait no I don't.

Bleach

As much as I'm pleased to get a Yoruichi and even Urahara to boot in this chapter, I wish the circumstances for their reunion were devoid of ... whatever you want to call what transpired here.

Soma

This series would be better if it dropped its nonsensical plot and the boring Shokugekis and it was just Soma&crew hijinks in the dorm.

Tower of God
lol @goggles

After ~200 chapters we might actually get to see Yuri going ham again. Hype.

Akito

Akira (end)
So I finished the last 3 volumes the other day, and while I'm glad that I finally managed to read one of the cult classics, I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect more out of it. The setting and beginning were pretty cool but I thought that the story progression was kinda linear. Sure thinks were escalating with every new volume but ultimately it was Tetsuo getting more and more powerful while losing more and more of his human side which led to more and bigger demise and destructions, rinse and repeat [/oversimplified]. I was also very disappointed to see how little Kaneda's role was in the second half and grand scheme of things. That's not to say there are no good characters, Kei, Miyako and the Colonel did their part more than admirably. The arts were impressive as hell though so there's that.

You can still opt into this if you want to -

MANGA NEW YEARS BACKLOG CLUB

Ok. Here is what I have for you all so far -

Akito -

Akira
Nausicaa
Yotsuba (Not serious?)

AquaWateria

Kokou no Hito
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
B-Dubs -

Fuuka

DakkuMauji -

Eyeshield 21
Oresame Teacher
Hoshin Engi

Dresden -

Oyasumi Punpun

Droplet -

Vinland Saga
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Oyasumi Punpun

Dedication Through Light -

Medaka Box
Eyeshield 21

Jintor -

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
One Piece up to the Timeskip (chapter 598)
Lone Wolf and Cub

mdubs -

Slam Dunk
Twin Spica
Pluto

MetroidPrimeRib -

Vagabond
7 Seeds
Mob Psycho 100

Semblance -

Please Save my Earth
Fourteen
Sanctuary

striferser -

Takemitsu Zamurai

TheFlow -

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Berserk
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches

TheRealTalker -

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Parts 5-8
Fist of the North Sta
Gundam the Origin

Upandaway -

Tamayura Kitsune
Nukoduke
How to Make a Gentle World
Zweizer ~

I am a Hero
Historie
Mob Psycho 100

Alice is pretty much stuck with Ryou though

the fact that she isn't part of the Soma harem is a huge plus
You can still opt into this if you want to -

MANGA NEW YEARS BACKLOG CLUB

Ok. Here is what I have for you all so far -
TheRealTalker -

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Parts 5-8
Fist of the North Star
Gundam the Origin
I have 2 volumes left of Gundam to read but I am uber saddened to end the series

alas I must

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
the fact that she isn't part of the Soma harem is a huge plus

I have 2 volumes left of Gundam to read but I am uber saddened to end the series

alas I must

The Soma harem is like two girls who should probably abandon all hope.

upandaway

Hero Academia

Everything's more or less in place now for the rest of the fight, looks like. Hoping for some good fights.

I wonder if Tokoyami's frenzy took out the villain or if the villain just bailed. Could give an idea to how strong Tokoyami can get.
I mean they can probably just leave him there until he calms down, I doubt any villain will want to touch that.

Grexeno

Hero Academia

Everything's more or less in place now for the rest of the fight, looks like. Hoping for some good fights.

I wonder if Tokoyami's frenzy took out the villain or if the villain just bailed. Could give an idea to how strong Tokoyami can get.
I mean they can probably just leave him there until he calms down, I doubt any villain will want to touch that.
Assuming the guy who shows up near Momo and Awase is the blue xenomorph looking motherfucker from the recent color spread, we still haven't seen magician guy, so I assume someone will have to deal with him.

upandaway

Hero

They might have to bring in eraserhead.
Y'know every time I think about how broken eraserhead is I remember how todoroki was able to nuke in between his blinking. man was that silly.

Assuming the guy who shows up near Momo and Awase is the blue xenomorph looking motherfucker from the recent color spread, we still haven't seen magician guy, so I assume someone will have to deal with him.
I should check that spread out again but yeah there's probably a lot more surprises on the villain side

bobohoro

Boku No Hero Academia 78

Well, that escalated quickly. Quite a nice build-up over the last couple of chapters to this final page. Can't think of anyone fighting him seriously (or being able to) right there, right now, though, neither villains nor heroes.

Keijo is weird; there's a really fantastic battle manga in there, but there's a giant heaping pile of really cheap fanservice on top. I'd like to see what the author could do with a less lewdness-focused premise.

Keijo is weird; there's a really fantastic battle manga in there, but there's a giant heaping of really cheap fanservice on top. I'd like to see what the author could do with a less lewdness-focused premise.

lol what? There's nothing particularly impressive about the fights. The entire draw is the increasing absurdity of ass battles.

It's like Prison School, but with way worse art and worse everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom