• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol what? There's nothing particularly impressive about the fights. The entire draw is the increasing absurdity of ass battles.

It's like Prison School, but with way worse art and worse everything.

I actually kind of disagree? Like I said, it's buried... pretty deep, but there's something there in terms of tactics and technique and what have you.

This complaint belongs to Tsugumomo, not something as gimmicky as Keijo

Have not read that.

"I wish another author wrote this manga to get rid of the bad parts" is a pretty dumb wish since the one-man show aspect of manga that's so common means the parts you do like wouldn't stick.

"I wish another author wrote this manga to get rid of the bad parts" is a pretty dumb wish since the one-man show aspect of manga that's so common means the parts you do like wouldn't stick.

Wah?

I was saying that it'd be cool if the author wrote another, different manga. One that doesn't have Keijo's bad parts. Same guy, different series.

bobohoro

The bad parts of Keijo are what makes the rest stand out as interesting. The absurdity and intensity of the battles wouldn't be quite the same without the pretext of having to shove your opponent into the water with your superpowered T&As. People need to let go of the notion that everything would automatically be better without cheap fanservice or the lewd. For some authors, and series, it's not something superficial, tacked on, it's an integral part of the artistic identity and if removed, would crumble the rest of the work as well.

Zweizer

Banned
Yeah I don't really get the Keijo complaints either. It painted itself as a butt wrestling manga and it's exactly what it delivered, along with all the ridiculousness it can depict (and has yet to do so).

I'm still in a dream

n4WPqRk.png

Zweizer

Banned
Takemitsu Zamurai by Issei Eifuku and Taiyou Matsumoto

Edo period. A mild-mannered and eccentric ronin arrives in the city of Edo, seemingly seeking nothing in particular but to settle down and live a carefree life amongst the residents. Yet, one can't get rid so easily of their past...

Takemitsu Zamurai tells the seemingly rather simple story of a seemingly simple man in a seemingly simple setting, yet, along with Taiyou Matsumoto's characteristic art, everything merges together to form an engaging tale woven around the daily life of Edo's denizens, as they cope with their own troubles, and those brought upon by the machinations of others.

With its fantastical atmosphere, its eclectic cast, and its effective intrigue, Takemitsu Zamurai is a fairy tale-like manga with an historical bend that should please anyone looking for something simple yet different.

Keijo is weird; there's a really fantastic battle manga in there, but there's a giant heaping pile of really cheap fanservice on top. I'd like to see what the author could do with a less lewdness-focused premise.

I disagree.

Its absurdity with the tits and ass fanservice/battles/explanations/lectures etc is what pushes up to good, else it would be another one of those.

Also as another poster said this complaint would be way more suited for Tsugumomo but given the author's MO that would be kinda impossible to ask for LOL

Moaradin

What do people feel about Shokugeki no Soma? I thought everything up to the end of the Moon Festival was great fun, but I'm still not sure how I feel about the current direction. Azami seems a bit too comically evil for me, and he's probably gonna be around for a while.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's gone full Bleach with the cringe-villains and random mooks no one's ever heard of and evil organizations and keikakus.

What do people feel about Shokugeki no Soma? I thought everything up to the end of the Moon Festival was great fun, but I'm still not sure how I feel about the current direction. Azami seems a bit too comically evil for me, and he's probably gonna be around for a while.

This arc has been pretty hit or miss for me. Don't care too much for the new villains aside from Rindou and these new guys are even lesser.

Moaradin

I still like reading it. Most of the characters are still great. Some of the new ones like Rindou are pretty good. I guess I'm just not a fan of the evil organization thing. If it was just a short arc, it wouldn't bother me too much. But this will probably stick around for a while...

I feel like the author thought the manga needed higher stakes, but I'm not sure if this is how you go about it.

Twin Star Exorcists v3

Yuto being the boss is awesome, he has a good design and I loved their friendship back in the day. Hopefully he isn't off'd for another stronger bad guy.

Mayura turning into a Kegare wasn't that surprising though kind of predictable but at least she was saved. I liked how it led to Yuto's appearance.

Cant wait for v4 to see how Rokuro got stronger.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think Tsukuda ever should've done the whole "if I don't beat you, you can expel me" thing. It's hard to create stakes and tension when you set yourself up to win like this.

Instead of winning everything, Soma should be losing regularly so he has room to grow and he can face off against other characters properly without having to put the series' continued existence on the line.

LeleSocho

Banned

It has gone full battle shonen, i know it has Shokugeki right in the title but i would like to see more "training" arcs where they cook for the joy of cooking and learning/exploring new dishes, instead we have chapters on chapters of cliffhangers that end in a sterile "but my dish has an ace in the hole" back and forth between the people that are battling in that moment.

It's kinda dumb but also unique in its themes so it is enjoyable but it could be soooo much better.

Dresden

Seems like the story is in a rut and the writer's solution is to just up power levels.

NY Times top manga sellers Jan 31-Feb 6

*1. My Hero Academia Vol.3
*2. One Piece Vol.77
*3. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency Vol.2
*4. Akame ga Kill! Vol.5
*5. Assassination Classroom Vol.8
*6. Food Wars: Shokugeki no Souma Vol.10
*7. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*8. Naruto: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring Vol.1
*9. One-Punch Man Vol.2
10. Noragami Vol.10

Previous Week
*1. Akame ga Kill! Vol.5
*2. One-Punch Man Vol.4
*3. Naruto: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring Vol.1
*4. Noragami Vol.10
*5. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*6. One-Punch Man Vol.3
*7. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*8. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*9. Blue Exorcist Vol.14
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.4

Dresden

hero academia - 58

IQEI2tk.png

60 -

Bakugou is edge incarnate, but I missed it and find it pretty charming now.

61 -

lol nvm, he's still an asshole

Dresden

hero academia - 69

Shigaraki is pretty cool and Horikoshi is a pretty versatile dude. I dunno if the paneling and stuff is quite there yet though.

It bummed me out that he wasn't a handlinger from Bas-Lag.

70 -

these dead eyes

R7E2Eic.png

71 -

lol of course there's a hot spring

wonder how they'll handle the sizable cast when tournaments and training arcs don't quite fit the narrative anymore. Like the battle against the hero-killer, I guess the side characters will inevitably just go and do whatever side characters do.

Alternatively, they could all just die.

Nordicus

Looking For a Father 51

So we got this rushed ending because the manhwa got Adults Only rating at some point at the readership dropped because of that restriction?

Lame.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Monster Musume 39
Jiangshi!
Fun chapter, with Zombina fighting against Jiangshi. heh, i should've seen that punchline from a mile away.

Tomo chan 128

Oh, i see Mizusu want to touch Tomo too :)

Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun 73

Kashima and Seo's brother chapter featuring Waka, and drama clubs.
lol, not sure if Hori slap her because she annoy her or she's not doing her role as a waitress.

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi 38

Doctor being tsundere is the best part.
Anime viewer only, beware of spoiler.
Welp, there he is, the murderer. Satoru is only a few steps away until he unlock his memories. I'm sure Kenya will participate in it too. The part with Yuuki is so good

dani_dc

Sakuranbo Syndrome 1-56

I Hope this does not end up with Loli sex.
Though it's nice to see the "stuck in a younger person body" in a more serious fashion.

And of course now that the MC has a girlfriend every other girl is after him.

rrvv

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 73

Seo in maid outfit when?

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou 39

Dat hidden pun

Fujoshi = Rotten Girl, for those who didnt know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom