• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Gakuen Babysitters

Midori's a boy?!

WHAT?

edit: wtf, this has to be a translation error.
NzrxSN2.png

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Go Go! Pudding Empire vol.1
A gag manga about group of alien/evil monster who plan to invade earth, but somehow got sidetracked with various thing like retiring general, bad health care, picking which bento to get, Nike newest shoes product, Namie Amuro, incompetent emperors, and other mundane things. Quite good, as expected from the author of Tentai Senshi Sunred

Jin 36-38

I thought this was dead.

Still has everything you would expect, lots of medical stuff on important people sprinkled with political intrigue.

Just read Dororo volume 1 this past weekend and loved it. Such a great concept and it gets rather creepy at times too. Tezuka breaks the fourth wall so easily and it always comes as a surprise.

Umibozu

teppu 1-31

It's weird but I'm hoping for natsuo's defeat even though she's the protagonist. I'm also hoping for her her and yuzuko's fight to end without more of either of their damaged psyches to show up.

motori 1-4

Not a bad start to the story, as long as it's able to focus on plot progression over fan service it might be worth it to continue reading. The chapters are a little too short for my taste for the type of story it's trying to tell so far.

Scum

The Dal Dal + Queen combo is on! And it looks like Grandpa is going to keep a close eye on Jae Gu...

Quasar

The Gate 37-48 - Well the story has gotten close to the point that I imagined right from the start.

Itami out on the road with his harem and now made at least on paper a noble in the fantasy world.

Pretty great dragon battle I must say and certainly makes a good anime stopping point. At least for a two cour show.

Magi - 275

Whoa! We get to see
Mother Dragon
and Alibaba was
in a different world for 100 years
which explains some changes in him.

Also, the dark continent is the next focal point.

Umibozu

prison school 185

don't know if the principal got himself in a good situation or bad one.
I think risa and hana will conflict with each other further when hana reaches into the box and they both go for the same person

Got my copy of The Ancient Magus' Bride. Gotta see how good this series is after hearing so much good thing about it.

The art for the series is really phenomenal in my opinion. The world seems alive and mystical, I really don't know how to explain it but it just feels really atmospheric. The series itself feels like a mix of Studio Ghibli and Harry Potter. Plus the Vol has some really great extras in it.

I hope you enjoy reading it and can't wait to see your impression of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom