• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ace of Diamond 201 - 210
CLfXVw0W8AIUbBP.png
Hopefully will get caught up. Covered Mei's loss (wept) and the Yakushi rematch. I think this is Sawamura having the yips too. I cant wait until we get past that.

Zweizer

Banned
Their Story ch.02/08/2015

f8yfT8q.jpg

They're still so cute and funny together~

Hopefully this misunderstanding won't last too long.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 129

Now that's shounen manga development. Make your enemies into you allies to be new enemies.
Time for Souma to start his counterattack.

I mean, he does that with everyone. Souma is all about that Defeat Equals Friendship life.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Wizard's Soul ~Holy War of Love~ 5

Those cards are OP as all hell.
Yeah, I don't play Magic: The Gathering, but I'd assume board clearing and invincibility stuff is rare? idk, I don't really care that much about the mechanics if I'm not actually playing the tcg myself, so I'm still enjoying it, but it makes me wonder...

Wizard's Soul ~Holy War of Love~ 5

His girl goin strong~
...wait a sec

Nanatsu no Taizai 135

Meliodas is a beast. I knew Galan was a fluke.

Fairy Tail 447

Chapter is a 10/10 because of flipping Laxus. A lightning user that isn't a scrub.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma is so damn good.

I'm just hoping the Elite 10 doesn't become this weird thing where Soma never gets on the council due to shonen reasons.

I was trying to explain the Election arc to my wife the other day after we watched the last episode of the anime that came out and she said "so its just the Chuunin exams." And I was like, "well, sort of but, uh, no actually its exactly like that, except they aren't in teams."

Food Wars 129

This cant be happening. I hope he gives Kuga some quick power up to counter Soma's surprising reveal.

Though why would anyone leave line when youre served by him.I would stay.
CLgJby6WwAEqPBr.png

Revo

Yeah, I don't play Magic: The Gathering, but I'd assume board clearing and invincibility stuff is rare? idk, I don't really care that much about the mechanics if I'm not actually playing the tcg myself, so I'm still enjoying it, but it makes me wonder...

...wait a sec

so good you gotta read it twice

'pparently i did
Gotta keep above zweizer somehow

haven't played magic though and too little information on what types of cards are out there (but in theory a permission based deck+sideboarding would require a larger card base for options to be out there which means powercreep might have just naturally happened so they get op cards)

with face down+high hp/att/def/cost totals i'd assume there's gonna be a good yugioh background in the limited design of the game that has been done, so i'd just expect tons of OP cards (which is basically why i'd prefer they just use tons of terms to describe things)

until we see more players i'm assuming permission type players aren't really a thing in this manga because of combination needing to be good at the game + the publicity of being a player means you don't want to be looking like she does

Angry Grimace

Fortuna being a Necromancer King was fucken awesome though
KuGsj.gif

Tokyo Ghoul:re 39

bu2W7wa.jpg

Our flamboyant character is back.

I really liked this chapter because it helped develop Tsukiyama and emphasized that he actually cares about his family. That he isn't that character that only wanted Kaneki as food but now as a friend. In a way it made me a bit ticked off when the Qs got in the way of Tsukiyama and Haise's conversation. The Qs are definitely fucked now that Kanae called the Aogiri to get rid of them. Also Kijima posting that video and not giving a fuck was pretty unsettling. It seems like he may have a bigger influence later on. Also it seems like Hori may have a deathflag.

We finally see Eto without her mask. It seems Eto is really lonely emphasized by the quote above. I loved how the plotline with Tatsuki Sen was brought back to parallel Kaneki and Haise. Hopefully Eto's backstory is fully revealed.

amwGTQA.jpg

Those fucking parallels.

Found this from someone else.

Adding on to this there has already been a lot of parallels.

Chapter 7 of TG has Kaneki fighting Nishiki
Chapter 7 of RE has Haise fighting Serpent

Chapter 32 of TG is about Shuu
Chapter 32 of RE is about Shuu
Chapter 33 for both have the same image, pic related.

There's also some smaller things like Chapter 9 of TG he accepts and joins Anteiku, Chapter 9 of RE Haise enters RE.

If this keeps up by about chapter 60 we may get something with Kaneki merging or coming back. This will series will definitely be a good re read once it finishes.

Angry Grimace

Glad that Fortuna's arc actually paid off given how boring I found the Future Brain Tower arc.

World Trigger 111
Wearing formal clothing on the battlefield while dodging is hilarious to me. Especially the panels.

Hyuse will lose the bet. Jin is probably unfair for doing it if he used his Side Effect even. He could already know the outcome. Though it will be a learning experience for Hyuse who seems to need to be taught to have some faith in his friends, which it seems he doesnt.

Also I kind of laughed at him sitting there in the room eating noodles with Yotaro while browsing the laptop. Im glad we get to see him in these scenarios.

Tizoc

One Punch Man Ch. whatever was released a few weeks ago
Garou really needs a kick in the nuts just to behave himself XP

somedevil

Tokyghoul re: 39

Another Himouto Umaru-chan reference. Its funny that the manga/anime exists in that world.

The author must be a fan or friend.

ckQSGdd.jpg

Really glad to see Soma teaming up with someone new.

Even if Stalker will probably go full copycat and be a second Soma.

Which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Angry Grimace

Umaru-chan

I have no idea what Kirie is gong on about but lol

Angry Grimace

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun

I take back what I said about Waka and Seo already dating without knowing it.

Everybody in the entire manga already has a steady relationship and doesn't know it. Except Mikoshiba, he's just got his figurines.

Revo

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Be Mine, Hero!" "I Refuse!" 42

Sorceress super blocked female knight
she was so prepared :(

Zweizer

Banned
Hayachine! ch12

These are some impressive floats.

Trust in Lilian more!

Senaka Gurashi ch15

So much blushing. She really has to do everything herself.

Tizoc

UndeadEd
E5GkCFY.jpg

So this is some Korean manhwa I'm reading with the current lack of any new manga that would interest me, entertaining so far

Magi is pulling a Hunter X Hunter with that
world map
lol

This have to be a trope now, what other manga / games etc does this too?

well Toriko did it too except that they kinda showed us the Human world idea quite early on so it didn't have that much a impact

but of course calling the new world the Dark Continent is lol

Marche90

Soma 129

Oh, hey, Stalker-kun!
Having a second Soma in the kitchen should help.

Prison School 1-50

What have I gotten myself into? O.O

bobohoro

Fairy Tail 447

It really happened, a FT chapter I kinda liked came around once more, thanks Laxus. Now bring back Gildarts and I just might care about this a bit.

Shokugeki No Soma 129

Had a feeling he would be back for this fight, as always an incredibly entertaining character.

The 100 years Alibaba spent is his new secret power up.
dude needs to never be faced again, like some old man barely acting childish and when he defeats anyone in a battle he needs to say: "You were a 100 years to early to think that you could've ever challenged me"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom