• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
They are already skipping some, mostly combining some episodes related to characters on focus per episode, like mostly about Ebina on ep.2, Kirie on ep.3 and Sylphin on ep.4.

I see. This does make more likely that the past couple of chapters were geared towards the anime.

Revealing herself would be a big step, but I don't expect it to happen.

On the other hand, it'd make a good place to finish the anime without necessarily having to end the manga.

I don't want to use my tablet for that!
it'll be dangerous if I read lewd material in public like Zweizer.

As long as you don't behave like an amateur you'll be fine~

dani_dc

Fuuka 73

That last page was not only lame, but out of character as well, Seo confused Fuuka and Suzuka personalities.

I don't want to use my tablet for that!
it'll be dangerous if I read lewd material in public like Zweizer.

Embrace your true nature!
Only that way can you achieve true happiness.

On the other hand, it'd make a good place to finish the anime without necessarily having to end the manga.

I suppose that's true, Umaru will just realize how important Himouto truly is for everyone.

Rhapsody

Banned
Fuuka 73

The weird. Koyuki getting all angry. Douche band leader saying he's happy for them (if that was genuine, I'm surprised since he lacked a lot of common sense everywhere else). The good, the extra mic for Fuuka.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

I'm vaguely pleased they didn't drag out the whole "band plays at Budokan" thing. Its now time to let Fuuka into your band.

jbug617

Banned
I haven't bought physical manga in a long time. Ready to finally check it out
CLqbzK0UkAAaMYT.jpg

phaze

Saint Seiya: Next Dimension 25-51

The anime adaptation of this would have a shot at being worse than second half of SS: Omega. Scary.

What is also scary that after + 20 years, Kurumada has no new ideas and resorts to yet another Sanctuary arc retread. Most of the Saints are copy pastes of their future iterations with Death Mask being about the only one so far you could say that changed up a bit. Saori of course is useless, Taurus yet again dies like a chump and yet again there is a traitor Saint who in truth is still loyal to Athena. Dialogue is pitiful, so are the fights and characters. Dreck like no other. Avoid.

Innocent 41-53

That's one way to close off volume with a bang. lol

The story remains interesting and fairly grounded. Even when it introduces concepts like female executioners into the story, it shows how out of there such an idea is for the 99.99% of the population. Though like I said earlier, Charles' progressivism often feels too on the nose, even if you can see how his upbringing and circumstances might have nurtured such ideals. His tribulations and psychological trauma are well done and with the passing of time, his character arc is pretty believable.

The art is godtier. I don't have neither the experience nor the technical expertise to spell out what exactly it does or what makes it so good but with it's realistic character designs, it might very well be my favourite so far. Such a shame there probably won't be another +5 stretch of chapters depicting a man getting torn apart by four horses. :( All in all, great read, eagerly recommended.

Any other works similar to this ? I need one set during Richelieu's reign.

Marche90

I haven't bought physical manga in a long time. Ready to finally check it out

YES!

Speaking of which...

Prison School 176-185

THEY DID IT! (Well, Hana at least...) Now to see if they can "rescue" Meiko.

Anyway, more general impressions, since I finally catched up:
The premise is absurd, but still pretty damn hilarious, and the art is generally great. Love how he draws most of the female characters. Also, some chapters are really, really insane with the fanservice (of course I'm not complaining.)
As for the characters
I like Kiyoshi as a protagonist. The fact that he's the most balanced of the guys help.
Gakuto leveled up as a character ever since he got his hair cut.
Jo, hmmm, Jo's the Kenny of the series sometimes, like when he fell down the window
Don't really have an opinion on Shingo, but at least it's not a bad one
Andre.... I hate this guy with a passion lol
About the USC. I disliked all three of them before starting the ASC Arc, but now I like all three of them, more or less. Hana's kind of insane, isn't she? But at least she makes for an interesting character. I like Chiyo enough, but other than her temporary "transformation" she hasn't contributed much to the plot, and I can see why people prefer Hana in terms of who to pair Kiyoshi with.
Now, the ASC... I dislike Keito and the Shinai girl, and don't mind the secretary girl (forgetting their names right now)

As for the most badass character in the... SERIES!. The director is crazy awesome distilled
even if I prefer life more than hometown lol.

Now to cry for the fact that I'm all catched up and have to wait until next week.

Crocodile

OnePunch Man

sqIsFAL.jpg

Sweet Jesus! Murata what is your secret.

Hot damn does Fubuki look gorgeous.������

Too bad the anime won't have enough Fubooty in it.��

tumblr_inline_nq04cnllaU1qfb5k4_500.gif

I wish she was more involved in the manga. I'm REALLY hoping she doesn't get sidelined the next time shit starts going down.

Also, the latest like 5 One Punch Man chapters have been like dick teases. I need MOAR!

OnePunch Man

You guys haven't even seen anything yet. You can definitely tell that Murata has lots of fun drawing Fubuki.

Fubuki has a good sense of fashion.😎

The color green really makes her look amazing.

Revo

Yuusha ga Shinda! Murabito no Ore ga Hotta Otoshiana ni Yuusha ga Ochita Kekka. 28

A town of swimsuit thighhighs doesn't sound bad at all.

Remember this name brahs, Battlefield No. 5. It's WSM answer to One Piece. This series has o much charm and vibrancy it is almost unimaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom