• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Black Haze 118

So I'm guessing Lispen isn't the bad guy Dio made him out to be, either. I forgot Lidusis knew about Rood's real identity. Hope Hadelio pops up more, he's hilarious in how tsun tsun he is.

Nordicus

Okusan 22

L84CjWE.jpg

Ohhhh, I know that feeling

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Goddammit, some of the comments make me lol

“Perfect apart from the cross-dressing.“
SMH, that is Dojima main point!

I'd say, this isn't exactly manga relevant, but manga logos could certainly use this kind of ingenuity:

Perfection.gif

i can't no longer look omega symbol the same way again.
Do you know a moment in most manga where people want to punch someone so hard but unable because the target is too cute? I just experience that first hand.
RIP your laptop

Yandere Kanojo 63.5

Boys sleepover party. Old man still got it, and that last confession, lol.

Shiori Experience 9

Dat JIMI HENDRIX spread! HNNNGGGGGG
So much rage at the end of this chapter. Fuck those bullies.

Wakako Zake 4

RIP Hiroki, your existence is nothing compared to gyoza.

Okusan 22

Housewife moe is inching more and more to housewife lewd

Shiori Experience 9

I'm betting shy long hair girl will be some godly guitar or bass player.

Jump Rankings Issue 37/38
WSJ Cast (Cover)
One Piece (Lead CP)
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Boku no Hero Academia
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Kurama no Hirameki (CP, Golden Future Cup Entry #4)
Nisekoi
Hinomaru Zumou
Shokugeki no Souma
Best Blue
Black Clover (CP)
Haikyuu!!
Gintama
Kagamigami
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Toriko
World Trigger
Bleach
Devilyman
Lady Justice
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Zweizer

Banned
OnePunch Man

You guys haven't even seen anything yet. You can definitely tell that Murata has lots of fun drawing Fubuki.

Fubuki has a good sense of fashion.😎

The color green really makes her look amazing.

So nice~
The chibi version is really cute.

Murcielago 1-27

For real though I'm really enjoying this romp.

There needs to be more series like it.

For all the Jitsu Wa fans, who's the white haired woman on the cover of volume 12? I can't seem to recall who she is.

The translations haven't reached that far yet, so we don't know yet.

Raxus

One Piece

Seems like the arc is coming to a close. Wonder if anyone well join the Strawhat's to the next arc.

Please be Bartelemeo. Please be Bartelemeo!

Bleach

ZZZZZZZZZZ.

random25

Tsujiura-san to Chupacabra 16

Rival girl really becoming more likable than the heroine lol

One Piece 796

That was Sengoku now? He sure looked so old in such a short time.

Jump Rankings Issue 37/38
WSJ Cast (Cover)
One Piece (Lead CP)
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Boku no Hero Academia
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Kurama no Hirameki (CP, Golden Future Cup Entry #4)
Nisekoi
Hinomaru Zumou
Shokugeki no Souma
Best Blue
Black Clover (CP)
Haikyuu!!
Gintama
Kagamigami
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Toriko
World Trigger
Bleach
Devilyman
Lady Justice
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Toriko fans must really hate this arc. I think HQ will bounce back, if not, it suggests that a five game match is too long. But TsukkiHina development has been great.

Also I hope viz picks Best BLue and not the dance manga this upcoming week.

upandaway

One Piece

Seems like the arc is coming to a close. Wonder if anyone well join the Strawhat's to the next arc.

Please be Bartelemeo. Please be Bartelemeo!
Bartolomeo's definitely sticking around (after he talked about seeing the whole crew it's obvious), Law too of course. Hopefully Bellamy does too.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
For all the Jitsu Wa fans, who's the white haired woman on the cover of volume 12? I can't seem to recall who she is.

I'm betting it's Shiragami grandmother from her father side.

Stretch 41

Yuri dream live!

Shin Kurosawa 38

The hunt for beef bowl
Kurosawa/Fulumoto hidden desire found: standing on top of SMAP human pyramid.

Revo

Bleach 638

As long as this stays Mayuri's research enjoyment fight and not some king stuff it should be enjoyable.

Don't Meddle in my Daughter

from the producer of Dance in the Vampire Bund, comes a wacky take on classic cape-heroes!

what if POWER GIRL was a retired heroine housewife working behind the scenes to protect her grown up daughter who has decided to take up the mantle to fight everyday villains!?

without letting her daughter know, she takes on these daily struggles to combat villains and protect her daughter from their noodly appendages and harsh and titillating situations!

THE TIME HAS COME!

61wrt1taj5l..jpg

and so have i

phaze

One Piece 156-160

lul. Ace is the character I've probably heard and got spoilt the most but I still had no clue he was Luffy's brother. The fact that the latter never mentioned he already had sibling in the Grand Line is plain weird.

SterGaf

One Piece 156-160

lul. Ace is the character I've probably heard and got spoilt the most but I still had no clue he was Luffy's brother. The fact that the latter never mentioned him he already had sibling in the Grand Line is plain weird.

I don't think Luffy talks about himself unless a relevant subject comes up in front of everyone. It's more like a personality thing than weird writing as Oda seems to plan future plot/character developments

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach 638

This is fuckin dumb

One Piece 796

Wow Sengoku went full old man mode

I like how at one point, Medaka Box felt like some kind of parody about how non-sensical the plot + powers in Bleach were, except now Bleach feels like a parody of that.

So what do some of you guys think of Boku no Hero Academia?

I've read about half of it so far but some reason I don't have the motivation to catch up. It's not bad but it's a bit generic and cliched at times. Plus the pacing goes a bit too fast and doesn't develop the World and characters enough, which makes imo plot developments unexciting. I find it lacks good Worldbuilding which makes it hard for me to care about the world the author created.

So for the readers who have caught up, does it get better?

So what do some of you guys think of Boku no Hero Academia?

I've read about half of it so far but some reason I don't have the motivation to catch up. It's not bad but it's a bit generic and cliched at times. Plus the pacing goes a bit too fast and doesn't develop the World and characters enough, which makes imo plot developments unexciting. I find it lacks good Worldbuilding which makes it hard for me to care about the world the author created.

So for the readers who have caught up, does it get better?

It isn't bad, but it hasn't gotten better at the world building or the characters. It's firmly in the "new threat arrives, heroes deal with it" territory. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.

bobohoro

One Piece 796

Sengoku was great. Now let's see how Luffy says his goodbyes while making a totally lucky escape. Hoepfully Zoro gets lost somewhere and ends up saving his ass from Fujitora.

Bleach 638

I...what?

T-REX Na Kanojo 12

Awwww~

Revo

Toriko 334

Terrible backstory, lol preparing the space around them.
Maybe this arc would be better if this event wasn't here just to get background on all our different chefs.

Nisekoi Spoilers

Seriously what the fuck! Are you fucking serious?
Raku you piece of shit you've kept on bitching that you were being mean to Marika because you didn't reply to her feelings. But then when you finally are given the chance and Marika is confessing all her feelings you are unable to reply and wuss out. Marika gave him a great opportunity to fix things but naw this shithead does the opposite. Also Marika transfers to a different school.

Fuck this, Marika doesn't deserve any of this stupid shit. She deserves better. It always frustrates me when best girls like Marika are stuck in a shit series.

Y-san is on the move, Komi better watch his back.

KScorp

I look over the raws (can't read them). IIRC, who she is is meant to be a somewhat surprise reveal, so don't read the spoiler if you want the "full experience" when translations get that far.

She is
Shiragami's dad in disguise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom