• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arabesque

Nisekoi Spoilers

Seriously what the fuck! Are you fucking serious?

Yeah, I definitely now think that volume 22 will
not only have Marika as the central girl on the cover after 21 with Yui, but will also be mostly this story arc (maybe for the next 7 chapters, if not the entire volume). This is the end game now, there's no turning back.

I think that Raku's hesitation might be more understandable if we were to see it from his perspective, though I will agree that he had been acting like a capital D Douchebag if he chickens out (again) from answering Marika's feelings after she faced him straight on all this time without ever beating around the bush.

What will annoy me is if he becomes so flustered when she told him that she knows he likes Onodere (shocker!) and that she knows he's not actually dating Chitoge (double shocker!) because at that point, Raku might seriously need to get that head of his checked.

Oh and

The art for the series is really phenomenal in my opinion. The world seems alive and mystical, I really don't know how to explain it but it just feels really atmospheric. The series itself feels like a mix of Studio Ghibli and Harry Potter. Plus the Vol has some really great extras in it.

I hope you enjoy reading it and can't wait to see your impression of it.

I finished the first volume, and yeah, it's pretty good! I'm thinking about posting in depth impressions some time later when I think of a few things some more, but it is very much an atmospheric fantasy manga.

I thought when I was reading the intial chapters it was closer to a mix of Nausicaa and The Iron Dragon's Daughter (but a bit light hearted in overall tone) but by the end I thought it was closer to something out of an Ursula le Guin or 90's Ghibli story (I think it could also be set in an AU Harry Potter short story too, yeah. If those existed I mean).

The extras were pretty nice too. Seven Seas did a fantastic job with the book, looking forward to volume 2 in September.

Yeah, I definitely now think that volume 22 will
not only have Marika as the central girl on the cover after 21 with Yui, but will also be mostly this story arc (maybe for the next 7 chapters, if not the entire volume). This is the end game now, there's no turning back.

I think that Raku's hesitation might be more understandable if we were to see it from his perspective, though I will agree that he had been acting like a capital D Douchebag if he chickens out (again) from answering Marika's feelings after she faced him straight on all this time without ever beating around the bush.

What will annoy me is if he becomes so flustered when she told him that she knows he likes Onodere (shocker!) and that she knows he's not actually dating Chitoge (double shocker!) because at that point, Raku might seriously need to get that head of his checked.

Oh and

I finished the first volume, and yeah, it's pretty good! I'm thinking about posting in depth impressions some time later when I think of a few things some more, but it is very much an atmospheric fantasy manga.

I thought when I was reading the intial chapters it was closer to a mix of Nausicaa and The Iron Dragon's Daughter (but a bit light hearted in overall tone) but by the end I thought it was closer to something out of an Ursula le Guin or 90's Ghibli story (I think it could also be set in an AU Harry Potter short story too, yeah. If those existed I mean).

The extras were pretty nice too. Seven Seas did a fantastic job with the book, looking forward to volume 2 in September.

Nisekoi is definitely getting close to ending at this point.

As for The Ancient Magus Bride I really can't wait for the next Vol to come out. I know it's a bit early but after reading the first Vol it's pretty much placed in my top 10 favorite series. I just love how atmospheric the series is and how the art conveys it excellently.

Scum

So do we, so do we~

Always nice to see more people discovering the gloriousness that is Murciélago.

0q76ono.gif

Nisekoi Spoilers

Seriously what the fuck! Are you fucking serious?
Raku you piece of shit you've kept on bitching that you were being mean to Marika because you didn't reply to her feelings. But then when you finally are given the chance and Marika is confessing all her feelings you are unable to reply and wuss out. Marika gave him a great opportunity to fix things but naw this shithead does the opposite. Also Marika transfers to a different school.

Fuck this, Marika doesn't deserve any of this stupid shit. She deserves better. It always frustrates me when best girls like Marika are stuck in a shit series.

Y-san is on the move, Komi better watch his back.

Having read nor seen nothing of Nisekoi outside of the general premise and a few clips from the hot springs ova/episode, your first mistake was assuming that a girl in the harem who wasn't introduced in chapter/episode 1 was going to win.

Seriously in what harem romcom is the winner a character either introduced later in the plot or doesn't join the harem until later in the story?

Having read nor seen nothing of Nisekoi outside of the general premise and a few clips from the hot springs ova/episode, your first mistake was assuming that a girl in the harem who wasn't introduced in chapter/episode 1 was going to win.

Seriously in what harem romcom is the winner a character either introduced later in the plot or doesn't join the harem until later in the story?

No that isn't the problem, the problem is MC being a complete shitbag and not giving a reply. I already knew Marika wouldn't win, my problem is the MC hasn't developed in any fucking way since chapter 1.

Oh man no Shounen Jump next week is going to be extra painful.

Aww man I forgot there wasn't a chapter for Tokyo Ghoul:re this week because of Young Jump's double issue.

No that isn't the problem, the problem is MC being a complete shitbag and not giving a reply. I already knew Marika wouldn't win, my problem is the MC hasn't developed in any fucking way since chapter 1.

Aww man I forgot there wasn't a chapter for Tokyo Ghoul:re this week because of Young Jump's double issue.

I guess my second question is, in what harem romcoms do the male protagonist develop in any kind of meaningful way (outside of becoming an ultimate bad ass if it genre shifts into battle shonen) and aren't just a blank slate for the boys to self insert and the females to want his d?

I guess my second question is, in what harem romcoms do the male protagonist develop in any kind of meaningful way (outside of becoming an ultimate bad ass if it genre shifts into battle shonen) and aren't just a blank slate for the boys to self insert and the females to want his d?

True but there're still some Harem MCs that do develop even if it's a bit.

It just sucks when a MC wusses out everytime a girl confesses

64gF7ed.png

Mayuri is just the best.

All it takes is for him to have focus and for at least one week, a Bleach chapter is better than One Piece.

mpekAzX.png

I'm liking how Sengoku is now Garp without a care in the world.

Would love to see how their interaction plays out compared to how we've always seen them.

What are the chances that the editor stepped in and asked for the Marika thing to still be inconclusive because she's a very popular character?

Arabesque

What are the chances that the editor stepped in and asked for the Marika thing to still be inconclusive because she's a very popular character?
About
Zero
I'd say since the way things are moving it
looks to be pretty conclusive

I mean,
why else bring up her sickness at this point and make it this dire?

Turok_TTZ

Hmmm this hit quite home for me. Me and my wife are quite like this considering we're a violent couple.

UQ HOLDER! 89

Will never believe that thing is negi level.
I won't get over this.

have you read what that thunder spirit can do?
Do not be surprised and if I'm not mistaken, that same spirit is probably the same one that Rakan faced and how he got his experience dealing with thunder based b.s.

I for one am thoroughly enjoying UQ Holder! atm.

One Piece keeps getting better and better.

If the author is seriously planning to begin wrapping the series up and this is the first big step into the finale then none. If the author decides to keep this shit going for several more years she'll probably be back sometime down the line.

Kieli

have you read what that thunder spirit can do?
Do not be surprised and if I'm not mistaken, that same spirit is probably the same one that Rakan faced and how he got his experience dealing with thunder based b.s.

It's only a high level spirit, not even the highest level.

Negi confirmed scrublord.

Aizo

Banned
Somebody recommend something relaxing/fun that's not lewd—maybe just like 1 volume? I wanna decompress from job hunting.

Somebody recommend something relaxing/fun that's not lewd—maybe just like 1 volume? I wanna decompress from job hunting.

Barakamon
Handa-kun
Yotsuba
The Ancient Magus Bride(well it's more of a atmospheric series)

Though I can't really think of any relaxing manga series that is 1 Vol, but still the series I've mentioned are really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom