• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gokukoku no Brynhildr 152

gWWBysn.png

From memory, all of Hatsuna's revivals so far have been done very shortly after the person's death. Is the catch here that she can only revive one person before melting, and then by the time she re-spawns it's too late to save the other?

Because if Kana gets permakilled here I'm going to be absolutely fucking livid. Seriously. I've been enjoying this manga a lot up 'til now, but if there's one development that could make me drop it, it's this.

Revo

Shounen Note 25

Basically going through a permanent job change must be rough considering how young he is. Can't blame him for being so down and spiteful.

Soma

Somebody recommend something relaxing/fun that's not lewd—maybe just like 1 volume? I wanna decompress from job hunting.

If you're still looking for suggestions I had just reminded myself of Kikimimi Zukan by Miyata Kouji (i think some people will remember them doing Oh, My Sweet Alien!)

It's a volume long collection of short stories that have nothing to do with each other besides them all sharing a similar theme of music and sound for each story. There's some really enjoyable ones in there and the artwork is quite good as well.

I find short stories like these helps me relax the most when I need something quick to help me unwind.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm getting weirded out by the fact that both Umaru-chan and Nisekoi are currently in the middle of plot.

UberTag

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 152

lmao if she met with her sister just to be killed
I think you're right but also wrong. I have a working theory that
in between the frame of Kana lunging at Makina with the knife and the final image of a body getting shredded, that Mina - having followed her sister from the hotel - has thrown herself in between Makina and Kana in order to save her. It's Mina that we see get torn in half and we'll have a tearful farewell between the sisters next chapter before Makina takes off and the Hatsuna reset button patches Murakami up good as new.

Typical bait and switch at work here.

Noragami 57

Yato confirmed a piece of shit by himself lmao. Never change.

Also now we get a glimpse of Father master plan. The number of ways everything can go to shit is terrifying.

dani_dc

The end of this quiz I imagine.
I just didn't get the part about the feather at the end.

I guess since she no longer had the feather she stopped jealous, so she went after principal instead of Eromine and Shiragami?

I'm getting weirded out by the fact that both Umaru-chan and Nisekoi are currently in the middle of plot.
I didn't even think Umaru had plot!

Nisekoi is particularly surprising considering how well it is doing, and what usually happens to those type of series (and was happening with Nisekoi for the last year or two) when they do well.

Arabesque

Nisekoi is particularly surprising considering how well it is doing, and what usually happens to those type of series (and was happening with Nisekoi for the last year or two) when they do well.

For a romcom, it might be surprising, but for a romcom in Weekly Shonen Jump, it's perfectly understandable to bring everything to a head now. No other romcom had managed to stay for more than 20 volumes in the magazine (because by the end, they all lose their popularity) and even though Nisekoi is now the most successful series of its type to run in the magazine, it can't last more than it already had. Ending it at the 230+ chapter mark is more preferable than having it get cancelled at the 300th chapter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
For a romcom, it might be surprising, but for a romcom in Weekly Shonen Jump, it's perfectly understandable to bring everything to a head now. No other romcom had managed to stay for more than 20 volumes in the magazine (because by the end, they all lose their popularity) and even though Nisekoi is now the most successful series of its type to run in the magazine, it can't last more than it already had. Ending it at the 230+ chapter mark is more preferable than having it get cancelled at the 300th chapter.

I don't know that I buy that anything will be resolved any time soon though.

jman2050

Nisekoi 165.1

Who cares about Marika and her bouts of anime cancer, Tsugumi won you guys!

If Raku has dreams about all the other girls and not just Onodera does that mean he secretly wants a harem?

Revo

Its probably dumb, but I don't see a way out of this without Marika being rejected.

If she isn't that'd just be something.
I don't think I could handle bullet dodging of that magnitude.
Raku somehow sleeping at the beach when Onodera wants him, I can handle (especially because fuck onodera).
Raku not rejecting Marika after her one true backstory arc and the buildup of him finally getting around to answering their feelings would just be mindblowing.

Angry Grimace

I agree it would be some kind of Matrix shit for Raku to avoid actually going through with his rejection of the girl.

I can only assume Tsugumi is up next to get turned down. I legit don't think he'll pick between Onodera and Chitoge ever. It will just end without saying what happens.

Edit: Guys this is weird. It's plot. PLOT IN NISEKOI

phaze

A̶l̶l̶ ̶M̶y̶ ̶W̶a̶i̶f̶u̶s̶ ̶C̶a̶'̶t̶ ̶P̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶B̶e̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶K̶a̶p̶u̶t̶ Nisekoi 181

I may need to elevate Marika to the best girl status, at least until Onodera inevitably bites the dust too. Yay for Marika's friend hopefully returning.

How about Raku ending up alone? I mean it would be a good moral message that if you wait too long and ignore the very things that are in front of you, you'll end up alone and in regret.

But I doubt Komi will have the balls to do that plus it would probably be too depressing for a series like Nisekoi. Though the sheer thought of it is interesting.

Angry Grimace

How about Raku ending up alone? I mean it would be a good moral message that if you wait too long and ignore the very things that are in front of you, you'll end up alone and in regret.

But I doubt Komi will have the balls to do that plus it would probably be too depressing for a series like Nisekoi. Though the sheer thought of it is interesting.

It has nothing to do with balls, that would probably just be silly. I think on balance, most of us would still like to see Raku just pick a girl (aka Chitoge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom