• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari 12-13

Beast race battle princess ain't as easy as all those other pincesses buddy. Gotta do work to get that.

Averon

Nisekoi 182

1440278711000_zpspbgm4i8n.png
That foreshadowing.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Prison School 187- Wait... what?
I'm gonna guess she's gonna tell Kiyoshi to assail her and rip off her pants in one go, and she'll do the rest of the race freeeeeeeeee

Tokyo Ghoul:re 41

Fucking Batman is back.

IX5ZqFq.jpg

He's the hero we need but don't deserve.

Amon is back and kicking. It seems like he's fused with his arata armor, so I guess he's Guts now with berserker armor. What the fuck happened to his hand? It must of been because of the Owl transplant. Also Eto was shown without her mask on and it seems like she's preying on Kanae, oh boy. Anyway I have to admit Urie was doing well for himself even if he is a dickbag and Mutsuki wasn't useless but actually competent, that character development. Hattori seems like the most competent out of her group of hired Aogiri members. She was using her Quinque really well and was handling both Urie and Mutsuki till Shirazu came. The scene with Urie being flabbergasted of Haise's strength when he defeated the Yamoribros with his Kagune and Quinque was great. Also that symbolism with the snake devouring the lizard was pretty great. I guess Haise can be considered a snake while Kaneki is a centipede?

That's one great reaction, Saiko looks like she's been mindfucked.

Touka gets prettier and prettier by the second. I wonder what Tsukiyama's proposal is going to be. Plus I want to know how Touka will react towards Tsukiyama.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nisekoi 182

A bit weird to have a wedding arc just right after one (even if the wedding arrangement was fake for Yui). I still don't know how Raku's going to solve this. I'm hoping this arc stays fairly serious as it's been so Marika can get a pretty good side story that wasn't mostly comedy.

And is it just me, or were there a lot of panels that felt like it was geared towards Shaft? lol

Usobuko

Banned
Broke in Taiwan where I can buy almost the fullset of Juuni kokuki, in a language I am fluent in.

RIP to Inoue's waterworks too.

Shiro no Koukoku Monogatari 1-29
Don't fuck with the kingdom.
Especially when their ruler is a dragon race.

Tenraku Akuma! Demon's Core 1-2
jLiTR.png

I can only see one place where all that food is going....

random25

Nisekoi 182

Another Raku hero moment coming in the next chapters I guess.

Prison School 187

Mr. Chairman really enjoying himself lol.

Numb

Gou-Dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora 1-15

Everybody knows the only way to stop super-long-arm-pit hair boxing street brawls is with the ancient martial art based on Nintendo techniques.
Not even the weirdest thing to happen.

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul :re 41
The most surprising thing about this chapter is Urie showing traces of brain under his skull.

Well okay, batmon actually came back, didn't really expect that. Just for another tease unfortunately but you've got to savour little things I guess. And how the hell did manage to retain Arata ? Combined with his Owl Kakuja that is seemingly evolved enough to develop a whole arm, he's a f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ hax to be reckoned with.

Good chapter, I was resigned to this arc not being very good because of its Tsukiyama focus but it might get quite interesting yet. Shuu&Touka oly need to add Ayato and the prison break crew will be complete.

Revo

Detective Conan 925-28

I loved the Ai+Kogoro teamup because of the rumored romantic pairing.
Unsure if we've gotten a case where the 2 female policewomen were the detectives, so this new one could actually provide something different. +Sera always gives option of a bit of plot.

Tokyo Ghoul :re 41
The most surprising thing about this chapter is Urie showing traces of brain under his skull.

Well okay, batmon actually came back, didn't really expect that. Just for another tease unfortunately but you've got to savour little things I guess. And how the hell did manage to retain Arata ? Combined with his Owl Kakuja that is seemingly evolved enough to develop a whole arm, he's a f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ hax to be reckoned with.

Good chapter, I was resigned to this arc not being very good because of its Tsukiyama focus but it might get quite interesting yet. Shuu&Touka oly need to add Ayato and the prison break crew will be complete.

Well Amon was still wearing Arata when he was defeated by Kaneki, only his right arm got cut off. So by my guess Aogiri must of took him and tried to fuse him with Arata. Or from what I remember of earlier Tokyo Ghoul the Arata armor eats away at the user when they are not in control. Which is what almost happened to Shinohara and Kiowa. So maybe that's what happened to Amon. Batman pretty much has a Bikaku, Ukaku, and Koukaku in his disposal. All he needs to do is teamup with Kaneki to make it complete with Rinkaku.

Hopefully we get a Batman flashback.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Just caught up with Soma and One Piece. 2 months of chapters left in the back burner. God damn, time to finish animu then return to reading manga. Gonna catch up with Youkai Shoujo (best manga imo) and Prison School (transdimensional best manga).

Zweizer

Banned
Just caught up with Soma and One Piece. 2 months of chapters left in the back burner. God damn, time to finish animu then return to reading manga. Gonna catch up with Youkai Shoujo (best manga imo) and Prison School (transdimensional best manga).

Read Himizu and Kokou no Hito whenever you got a chance~

Date A Live Encore 4
Ups and downs.

On the downside, the stories for the best two characters were taken from the season 1 vol 4 blu-ray bonus, meaning more cats + Kurumi (which I'm not fond of as a combination).

On the upside, there's finally a clean version of one of Tsunako's masterpieces. Also featuring the two best characters, coincidentally enough.

On the upside, an official DAL popularity poll's running to 23 September (1 vote per person per day). Origami's currently third and Kurumi's second by some distance.

On the downside, Tohka's winning, because something something lead girl something something low INT stat something something FUCK EVERYTHING

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Nozoemon 1
Another case of the premise being way more interesting than the actual delivery.

Indeed...

You know what, i think i'll just review the real Doraemon.

Doraemon 1

Nobita Nobi, a super lazy fifth grader who always get zero on his test suddenly get a visit from his grandson and a cat robot from the future. They said that Nobita have a bleak future, so they decide to fix it up using Doraemon 4d pocket that allow him to take out any future tools to help Nobita change his future.
A slice of life + sci-fi element + a bit of fanservice...woah, now that i think about it, Nobita often getting into situation where he wander into Shizuka bathroom...

Regarding the ending, i always think that chapter Goodbye Doraemon as the planned official ending for Doraemon...despite there's a continuation after that chapter.

Doraemon (Matsumoto Taiyo)

A Doraemon parody by the author of Ping-pong.
It's about older Nobita thinking about his past with Doraemon. Awesome art!

Zweizer

Banned
Nozoemon ch1

...Yeah, uh... those who holds memories of Doraemon dear, please don't bother with this.

Or do, if you're possessed by some sort of morbid sense of curiosity.

Lain

Nozoemon 1
Another case of the premise being way more interesting than the actual delivery.

I read recently that this got cancelled, and I found the reason given to be hilariously bullshit (nothing wrong with canning it, but just the... dishonesty in the reason given was funny to read).

upandaway

Flying Witch: Tokubetsu-hen

Hahaha holy crap that's frightening. Makoto must have nerves of steel if she grew up in this environment.

bobohoro

Nisekoi 182

That foreshadowing.

Like it needed any more of it to be clear.

Prison School 187

Cosplay event and panty switching. It's about to get steamy again~

Tokyo Ghoul:re 41

I, long ago, forgot what and who this manga is about. But that was a pretty good chapter.

upandaway

New Game! 1-2

When she was sleeping under the table I seriously thought she was a mousepad at first. I blame this thread for that.

I'll miss the color, but otherwise this seems to be carrying the torch. I wish real work was this carefree.

I have a totally new respect for you (monetary value: $0.20). It's one of my top 5 manga and my favourite in terms of art. Rem should carry a defibrillator with her at all times.
Now I remember how New Game! entered my wishlist, it's from the same author as this manga.

Gintama - 544

Wow, that was interesting. I have a feeling the final confrontation will
somehow result in shouyo sensei returning in some cacpacity

Tokyo Ghoul:re - 41

Good stuff, interested to see how Tsukiyama's reunion plays out.

Kingdom - 442

So that thing about unit's disappearing in Kan Ki's army...I think they probably joined him mutually because of his policies...

Let's see how many chapters Shin and his gang can tolerate Kan Ki's group. I'll say 2 chapters at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom