• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
This is kind of cool: an article on Inio Asano's workplace was recently translated. Manga, cigarettes, coffee, guitars, video games. About what you'd expect lol. Interview is good too.

Thanks for the link. Pretty interesting to know how he works, such as him taking lots of photographs and incorporating them into his art. I like how he often checks 2ch and Twitter. Some of his thoughts, like on pessimism and marriage, are pretty unusual, but fitting.

One thing that caught my eye is that he was inspired by Himizu for Punpun. I can kinda see it, haha. Those who have read Punpun but not Himizu should rectify that!

How to ruin a fanbook :( who even wants Isami x Tadokoro :(
CMtZm5vWIAEYC3H.png:large

Mandelbo

This is kind of cool: an article on Inio Asano's workplace was recently translated. Manga, cigarettes, coffee, guitars, video games. About what you'd expect lol. Interview is good too.

Great interview, thanks for sharing. I admire his pessimism and self-deprecating humour.

The first one I watched was Smile Precure! and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Basically felt like a magical girl shounen.

People have recommend to me to watch Heartcatch Precure.

Currently watching Go! Princess Precure as its currently airing and I'm liking it so far.

Thanks for this, I'll give Smile! a go.

Yuureitou 70
Yeah ok let's switch and then sleep with each other despite being
possibly father and daughter
I know it won't come to that but the thought is quite irksome

Scumbag loser 14
...well at least it only 14 chapters. I wonder if this is how people felt after reading liar game

Shengar

Yep, it's pretty good. Fairly certain I read every monster girl focused manga.

Youkai aren't monster girls btw

Ooh good then. But I would like to argue that it still a good monster girl manga. You could say7 Youkai is not technically monster girl, but what certain is the element of it in the case of Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary are there. I would like a traditional monster girl manga filled with centaurs, and the such done in the vein of Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary with less lewdness but as for now the youkai girls managed to fill what I craving for in a good monster girl manga.

what if she's actually a snail

Exactly my though as well.

what if she's actually a snail

She's obviously a crab. We established this.

Ooh good then. But I would like to argue that it still a good monster girl manga. You could say7 Youkai is not technically monster girl, but what certain is the element of it in the case of Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary are there. I would like a traditional monster girl manga filled with centaurs, and the such done in the vein of Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary with less lewdness but as for now the youkai girls managed to fill what I craving for in a good monster girl manga.

Naw wasn't talkin about Hitomi was talking about things like Youkai Shoujo.

Arabesque

I love how he is looking at Jump Plus. Definitely needs some more eyeballs there. All it has are spin offs and Soul Catcher(s) at the moment. I don't think any original series on there can surpass the four volume glass ceiling.

Yeah, that's really the most notable thing from what he mentioned. Him being optimistic and excited about going back to drawing manga (without being under the constraints of a weekly schedule) is nice but the idea that he will be jumping on the digital train is pretty fantastic. Especially with the mention of the flexibility and freedom he will gain from being there over being published in a physical magazine.

Him mentioning doing a Science Fiction manga reminded me that Yoshitoki Oima also said she wanted to do a Sci-Fi series after Koe no Katachi. I wonder when's that coming.

As from the state of Jump Plus, baby steps. The spin offs are going to be what's most popular (that and the expats from Jump, like iShojo and Soul Catcher(S)) now because they aleady got their exposure from the main magazine, while the stuff that premieres in Plus only gets so much exposure as is. It sucks that despite so many interesting stuff being there, they all meet a short life, but this is an issue of giving the platform some time to grow. They are trying to push it and showcasing what's popular, so I have faith they will manage to get a hit.

Yeah, that's really the most notable thing from what he mentioned. Him being optimistic and excited about going back to drawing manga (without being under the constraints of a weekly schedule) is nice but the idea that he will be jumping on the digital train is pretty fantastic. Especially with the mention of the flexibility and freedom he will gain from being there over being published in a physical magazine.

Him mentioning doing a Science Fiction manga reminded me that Yoshitoki Oima also said she wanted to do a Sci-Fi series after Koe no Katachi. I wonder when's that coming.

As from the state of Jump Plus, baby steps. The spin offs are going to be what's most popular (that and the expats from Jump, like iShojo and Soul Catcher(S)) now because they aleady got their exposure from the main magazine, while the stuff that premieres in Plus only gets so much exposure as is. It sucks that despite so many interesting stuff being there, they all meet a short life, but this is an issue of giving the platform some time to grow. They are trying to push it and showcasing what's popular, so I have faith they will manage to get a hit.
Yeah. The designs she showed off were really great for it. And if she can manage to even get a fraction of the emotional core of A Silent Foice. Man I'm pumped.

Umibozu

Tenraku Akuma! Demon's Core 1-2
The first two chapters were good, the demon girl is a clutz and I found her endearing. The manga seems like it could be good if it doesn't focus too much on the good/evil dynamic that many other series find themselves in. Hope to read more soon.

Jintor

Angel densetsu reread -end-

Man the mangaka is so weird with his art, so much weirdface but the poses are always full of power and you'll occasionally get these perfect compositions. And he draws the girls so classically good!

Actually in this manga the most interesting characters definitely ended up ultimately being the girls.

Anyway, still entertaining

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can any girl truly win if you have to date a shonen protagonist
It still makes me laugh they acted like Soma was gonna be a big dick to everyone in the school but he's usually pretty respectful to the really skilled characters.

Honestly I want a Hisako end but that will never likely happen because best girls don't win.

So yeah.😌

However I'd take a Megumi over Erina any day.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
One thing that caught my eye is that he was inspired by Himizu for Punpun. I can kinda see it, haha. Those who have read Punpun but not Himizu should rectify that!

Hmm, seems pretty interesting. I'll throw it on my plan to read list. It's short enough to go through on a slow weekend or something.

Yuricam 9

√ Kisses girls to apply her makeup
√ Steals clothes off girls with her size
√ Doesn't need perfume since she's covered in the scent of the girls she's laid

Next level

cntr

Banned
NY Times Top Manga Sellers for August 9th - 15th

*1. Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls Vol.7
*2. Naruto Vol.71
*3. My Hero Academia Vol.1
*4. One Piece Vol.75