• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shokugeki no Soma 131

Colour spread Alice is a miracle of the universe. With that last page, I can see where Erina inherited her charm from.

Arachnid 52
093944tgjzz.png
093943s7j55.png
And I'm dead. The president's barely ever lost her composure before now, then it happens 4-5 times in one chapter. Sad to see the guardian beetle getting separated from Alice, but her reunion with Goki is more than enough compensation.

Revo

Nisekoi 182

Poor Marika D:
Would be better if Yui was just never a character and also didn't have the marry before x thing.

Kyuur

Toyko Ghoul: re 41

Really happy to see that character development on Mutsuki. I've really started to become attached to him and Shirazu. Urie not being a complete dick this chapter was welcome too! He's definitely going to end up going full-on half ghoul though with that jealousy to Haise.

Hope the meeting between Tsu and the Re staff isn't as short as most interactions with them have been.

sup Mangaf

I spent the last week or so getting into Inio Asano's stuff. Read Solanin, What a Wonderful World, and Nijigahara Holograph.

Solanin - I really loved this. Asano nailed the feeling of being a young adult trying to make something with their life. Everyone felt really human.

What a Wonderful World - My least favorite of the three but still quite enjoyable IMO. Some of the stories were really great.

Nijigahara Holograph - I want to reread this but it was a super fascinating read. It's kind of confusing at first but the more you read, the more things fall into place. It's very unsettling and creepy but it was still really engaging-- I plowed through it really fast. The physical release that Fantagraphics put out for this is beyond gorgeous too. Great paper, excellent binding, etc. Wish Solanin had a release like it.

Overall, I really like what I've seen of his writing. It all just feels really personal and sincere. I'm a big fan of the art too, he's good at delivering all kinds of different moods and expressions. I'm not sure what to read next, I was thinking about Punpun since that's pretty popular. Guess I'll read some American comics in the meantime and continue procrastinating on catching up with the manga ongoings I do follow (Prison School, One Piece, Soma, Nozaki-kun, etc.).

Soma 131

Rindou senpai is the best. Love her.

Judging by the way Erina reacted to seeing
her father, I'm guessing he was always very strict and unforgiving to her.
Enter Joichiro, who showed her kindness and how much fun it is to cook, impacting her life greatly.

Revo

Shokugeki no Soma 131

Imagine the turn around if he's somehow the nicest father ever from slicked back black hair, darkened eyes, black suit, black gloves, evil smile.

I guess this is how soma fully woos her over.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rindou-nee looks like she could literally be Soma's big sister. I like how the E10 members in the flashback look way less threatening as freshmen, particularly Eizan.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 131

Imagine the turn around if he's somehow the nicest father ever from slicked back black hair, darkened eyes, black suit, black gloves, evil smile.

I guess this is how soma fully woos her over.

Wild mass guessing:

I think Joichiro is going to actually show up here and that we're gonna find out that Joichiro and Erina's father has some kind of history (e.g. since he never graduated there's some kind of story there).

At least we can put to bed that ridiculous theory that Erina and Soma were related.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Started reading Gintama, only up to chapter 35... but is this manga always gonna be a bunch of short stories with little progression? I mean there's 500+ chapters, so I assume that at one point the author decided to change it a bit?

Started reading Gintama, only up to chapter 35... but is this manga always gonna be a bunch of short stories with little progression? I mean there's 500+ chapters, so I assume that at one point the author decided to change it a bit?

You would be better off watching the anime. And yes there are points of progression.

Angry Grimace

Actually I'm a little disappointed in how the Alice/Ryou/Hayama part turned out. They never actually worked out any of their issues and Alice just came up with ScienceMagic in the background.

Zweizer

Banned
sup Mangaf

I spent the last week or so getting into Inio Asano's stuff. Read Solanin, What a Wonderful World, and Nijigahara Holograph.

Solanin - I really loved this. Asano nailed the feeling of being a young adult trying to make something with their life. Everyone felt really human.

What a Wonderful World - My least favorite of the three but still quite enjoyable IMO. Some of the stories were really great.

Nijigahara Holograph - I want to reread this but it was a super fascinating read. It's kind of confusing at first but the more you read, the more things fall into place. It's very unsettling and creepy but it was still really engaging-- I plowed through it really fast. The physical release that Fantagraphics put out for this is beyond gorgeous too. Great paper, excellent binding, etc. Wish Solanin had a release like it.

Overall, I really like what I've seen of his writing. It all just feels really personal and sincere. I'm a big fan of the art too, he's good at delivering all kinds of different moods and expressions. I'm not sure what to read next, I was thinking about Punpun since that's pretty popular. Guess I'll read some American comics in the meantime and continue procrastinating on catching up with the manga ongoings I do follow (Prison School, One Piece, Soma, Nozaki-kun, etc.).

Please do share your impressions whenever you get to reading Punpun~

May I suggest that you check out Boys on the Run, Getenrou and Himizu as well? If you'd rather have something more relaxing to read, try Hinamatsuri~

Akito

New Game 3

Are they seriously monitoring their bathroom breaks at a game development company? What am I looking at here.

Even in helpdesk that was the stuff of nightmares. Doesn't seem like such a carefree company anymore.
Probably working for Konami.

High Speed! 2
CNHGDhAWsAAVmph.png

Rin can be so happy.

Some parts of this are depressing like Rin falling into the river and Mako getting so scared he was trembling and shocked Rin so much. Rin so worried for everyone throughout this whole series. Meanwhile Haru seems so into his own world at times, but still is changing bit by bit because of Rin. Its really the best part.

Shizuru's Notebook
One-shot from the Murcielago author about a high-school arms dealer, with a satisfying mix of humour, firearms and explosions. Would be interested in seeing more of it, but then I suspect I'd say the same about any of her work.

Soma 131: An interesting note is that Rindou (2nd seat) has the same hair and eye color as Soma and Jouichiro. Be interesting if they were actually related somehow

Terra Formars 135

I am speeding past everything that doesn't have to do with Roaches

TLR Darkness 58

+1

Soma 131

Second seat seems pretty good. Erina's dad is probably the cold and strict type who is never around because he has to lead the multi million dollar company so Erina had Soma's Dad as the father figure. I also think Soma's Dad and Erina's Dad will have some kind of history...but that would be a little cliche. I still expect it
wut at Alice's idea, I guess her style is just using technology and not really Gastroenterology?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
March Comes in Like a Lion 1-59

why did I start reading this

why did I start reading this when it's just in the midst of its most compelling arc so far

no reaction gif could quantify the suffering I feel right now

Rindou-nee looks like she could literally be Soma's big sister. I like how the E10 members in the flashback look way less threatening as freshmen, particularly Eizan.

Seriously. The hair, the eyes, the trolling.

Maybe well find out Joichiro was a player and had a bunch of kids. Rindou and Erina are just some of em.

upandaway

Soma

Actually I'm a little disappointed in how the Alice/Ryou/Hayama part turned out. They never actually worked out any of their issues and Alice just came up with ScienceMagic in the background.
I think the point is that Alice used to not care about the people eating her food and now she does. Hayama wasn't really supposed to work anything out besides be amazing as usual, Alice was the only one needing to do anything. She's the main focus from our perspective

Dense motherfucker, eh?
You can catch him slipping sometimes but then he finds out some excuse to delude himself back to status quo. He's got a system going for this, it's nuts

Zweizer

Banned
I'm halfway through kokou no hito. Himizu is something I'll need to digest slowly since the premise looks daunting...

Heh, hope you're enjoying it. The art in Kokou no Hito is simply phenomenal, and the story is great as well.

Don't worry about Himizu. You managed to get through Punpun. What's the worst that could happen~?

Vector Spectacle Chuu (Touhou doujin)

91290358twsx6.jpg

"Lackluster pseudo romantic dross. The portrayal of the lead duo's relationship shatters the boundary of belief and disbelief. " - Bunbunmaru Newspaper
"The unwarranted continuation of a creatively bankrupt narrative. F-." - Kakashi Spirit News
"A heart-wrenching tale of two star crossed lovers and their valiant struggle against both their heritage and the world. The greatest love story ever told." - Unnamed Inchling
"You know who sucks more than Zweizer? Seija." - Unnamed Battleship

Soma 131

Oh snap.... from Erina smiling to Fear

Nince back info on YugiOh and why he wanted to have all 5 days as number 1

Soma is going to later go with Ms Cat to the upper class section.... I have a feeling that he will stumble upon this future Nakiri Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom