• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Flying Witch 19

Man that shining Shade heads fabric looks really cool. I need that one. Also really happy with Chinatsu's choice of color for her robe, she absolutely understands.

This part got me

khWilQC.png

Zweizer

Banned
Love Tyrant ch24.5

School festivals sure aren't boring with these two around.

Aho Girl ch.vol3 Special

Greatest dog of all-time.

Immortal Hounds 20-21

Sword chick is an asshole of the highest order and I love her for it. Oh and I fully expect the chick she keeps referring to as 'slut ' to actually take her offer in the end~

Zweizer

Banned
Kingdom ch442

Glad to see that Kanki is still the same old bandit. I fear that rather than influencing Shin, he'd be influenced by Shin though.

bobohoro

Except here~

Don't jinx it. :O

And I think there will be no substantial romance in Soma, ever. There's some light crushing going on here and there, but the author never really put a focus on those feelings and the main characters/rivals are simpled minded cooking fools. The most we'll get is some AkiraXJun thingy, and I'm totally ok with that.

And I think there will be no substantial romance in Soma, ever. There's some light crushing going on here and there, but the author never really put a focus on those feelings and the main characters/rivals are simpled minded cooking fools. The most we'll get is some AkiraXJun thingy, and I'm totally ok with that.

I agree with you... but not on "ever." I'll say 90% of the manga.

I do think there's a strong enough set-up for it to take a leap into being more romance focused once the core cast are in their 3rd-years, but it'll be status quo till then.

Mandelbo

Don't Become an Otaku, Shinozaki 07

The yuri looks like it's starting to ramp up now. Shinozaki's wiggly mouth when she gets flustered is the best.

upandaway

Komorebi no Kuni (end)

Ahhh man... it ended. Today was really calm and nice so I rolled with it and read everything left.

Incredibly easy 10/10 from me, this manga's incredible. It's a plotless slice of life which might not be for everyone but I've enjoyed reading this just about as much as I'll enjoy reading anything. Art and color were especially mesmerizing. Definitely going to buy this when I can.

Rem was just something else.

upandaway

Aho Girl 45

http://i.imgur.com/5ckM0hq.png (nsfw)

The kind of conversation that you'd think "heh heh heh, it sounds so lewd out of context heh heh heh" when it's actually exactly what they're talking about

Hinamatsuri 4-6

Hina bossing the boss around kills me. Poor guy can't catch a break with her at all, she's ruthless.
I also like the bartender lady. She's got good chemistry with Nitta when they're in front of Hina too.

And god help me if Anzu ends up going full on Madao

il capitano

Neo Member
guys, I'm looking for something of manageable length to read. what comes to mind if I were to ask for a series along the lines of mirai nikki and hoshi no samidare?

Komorebi no Kuni (end)

Ahhh man... it ended. Today was really calm and nice so I rolled with it and read everything left.

Incredibly easy 10/10 from me, this manga's incredible. It's a plotless slice of life which might not be for everyone but I've enjoyed reading this just about as much as I'll enjoy reading anything. Art and color were especially mesmerizing. Definitely going to buy this when I can.

Rem was just something else.
I have a totally new respect for you (monetary value: $0.20). It's one of my top 5 manga and my favourite in terms of art. Rem should carry a defibrillator with her at all times.

So I checked out the spoilers for Tokyo Ghoul:re 41 and damn is the chapter big in developments.

I didn't even think that would happen.😯

il capitano

Neo Member
What genres are you looking for exactly? For now, I'd suggest that you read Solanin, Goodnight Punpun and Himizu.

I guess what I'm in the mood for is something more along the lines of action, and I specifically have this strange craving at the moment for something that feels sort of anime-influenced like Mirai Nikki and Hoshi no Samidare seem to me. I don't read much of that sort of thing, which I why I wanted help. Something of moderate length with something of an otaku feel to it.

I like all three of those manga you named a lot though.

Zweizer

Banned
I guess what I'm in the mood for is something more along the lines of action, and I specifically have this strange craving at the moment for something that feels sort of anime-influenced like Mirai Nikki and Hoshi no Samidare seem to me. I don't read much of that sort of thing, which I why I wanted help. Something of moderate length with something of an otaku feel to it.

Have you read One Punch-Man, Keijo, Murciélago, Tsugumomo and Hellsing?

upandaway

Does it need to be a finished series?

il capitano

Neo Member
Read Sengoku Youko back when there were only a few volumes out, was thinking about returning to it. Haven't read these series either, should definitely be able to find something to read now. Thanks!

phaze

So I checked out the spoilers for Tokyo Ghoul:re 41 and damn is the chapter big in developments.

I didn't even think that would happen.��

Haise is kaput ?

Touka is back ?

Batmon is in the town ?

So that girl yall were saying was "leaving meaning we're going into end game" is most likely going to come back meaning everything everyone got upset about was meaningless?

Raku still wants to stop leading her on so I'd say it's to early to say it was all meaningless. But obviously yes it can still turn out that way.

Nisekoi 182

That's not a healthy family relationship. lol. And yeah, there's no way a marriage to 40 year old man will happen in this manga.

Usobuko

Banned
Need opinions, is Slam Dunk goat material for me if I loved Cross Game and Baby Steps?

If you like both because of the romance aspect, Slam Dunk will disappoint you.

But if you like fantastic art, slapstick sense of humour, great team chemistry and exciting matches build-up and designs, Slam Dunk will deliver.

Revo

Kingdom 442

Will expect the more side members of hi shin to fall into depravity but core kanki might become a bit more whiter

jman2050

Nisekoi 182

So Yui's whole thing is that she's known Raku since childhood and had to make him fall in love with her before [arbitrary time limit] or else she'd be forced to marry some other guy. Marika's thing, on the other hand, is that she's known Raku since childhood and had to make him fall in love with her before [arbitrary time limit] or else she'd be forced to marry some other guy.

Wait...

Abnormal-kei Joshi 1-3
You know I'm not going to disagree with the MC's distrust of women, mostly due to who he has to deal with. A stalker (possibly yandere), a stalker who thinks she's his knight (possibly yandere), a serial killer childhood friends (he seems safe from her though), a masochist who's into S&M (Creepy, but harmless), a girl who drinks his blood (Harmless...?), a little sister with a major bro-complex (Yandere tendencies...) and a girl who sleeps 90%-99% of her life (sane and harmless so far).

Zweizer

Banned
Abnormal-kei Joshi 1-3
You know I'm not going to disagree with the MC's distrust of women, mostly due to who he has to deal with. A stalker (possibly yandere), a stalker who thinks she's his knight (possibly yandere), a serial killer childhood friends (he seems safe from her though), a masochist who's into S&M (Creepy, but harmless), a girl who drinks his blood (Harmless...?), a little sister with a major bro-complex (Yandere tendencies...) and a girl who sleeps 90%-99% of her life (sane and harmless so far).

It's kind of amazing how there's so many yanderes surrounding him and yet a bloodbath has yet to occur.

phaze

@Aqua

I'm sorry, those 3 options are the only ones that would excite me. ;p

Well I suppose a boat in a parking lot is a pretty interesting development.

Umibozu

Prison School 187

Hana has a plan and what a plan it is. Is kiyoshi up to the task?
Hana must stop mari from dancing, or wearing normal clothing?
Hana is the best :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom