• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

Apparently they asked every other company except SNK

SE pls

9QxNmso.gif

Wh-why SE?

_hekk05

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/9QxNmso.gif[IMG]
Wh-why SE?[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.itmedia.co.jp/news/articles/1408/06/news130.html"]Here's the news article[/URL]

[QUOTE][B]カプコン、セガ、バンダイナムコ[/B]ゲームスの3社に取材したところ、各社とも同作品に対しキャラクターの使用を正式に許諾していたことを明らかにした。[/QUOTE]

[B]Capcom, Sega [/B]and[B] Bandai Namco[/B] all gave permission.

Zweizer

Banned
Spirit Circle ch26

Pretty heartwarming chapter for once. They make a rather adorable family. Too bad it ain't gonna last.

Lain

You haven't heard game of the month, Akiba's Trip?

Gotta show support for its main feature!

It's only because of you I found out it was coming out soon and managed to put a order for the PS3 version (I figure it's way easier to get DLC for the NA version on PS3 than it would be to put NA DLC on my EU Vita). It had slipped past me that a date was announced and all.

Hunter x Hunter

the "Princes" (male, female, doesn't matter) are now revealed and none of them are fucking safe apparently (there's even a little baby :/).

Also all this intrigue with Kurapika and Cow guy sniffing out the mole is pretty good and we still haven't got to the actual action yet. This should be fun.

Bleach

I really liked how Kubo made a contrast between a dead zombie (Bambi) and a living zombie Hitsugaya.

HXH

So the princes will get nen beasts? Interesting.
Yeah, i don´t believe Monkey is the traitor. It´s just too easily figured out, even with Kurapika´s abilities.

Naruto 688

I dont understand what happened at the end. So Naruto cut her arm off last chapter, and she tried to grow it back? Or was she trying to transform into the 10 tails? Or did Naruto throwing the Rasengan variety pack at her cause the bubbling stuff?

Either way, I hope Kakashi becomes the Hokage.

Embrace Ueno, friend. Not-so-secret best girl.

No bro I will not, but I will agree to a temporary truce, just until she shreds Kawai apart.

bjork

If that's your problem with Bleach right now, you're a happy man/woman. But I also don't really know why he is wearing that right not. I could get, that he didn't want to have Quincy in his shadow, but they're all out in the open anyway. (and besides, I think the very idea that there would be no shadow if you shining clothes, is stupid, too. There is still shadow inside.

He is a scientist. Are you?

Bleach

his drug is so a antidote

Naruto

So one can transfer eyes via spirit now... no longer physically

wow the evolution of Uchiha eye surgery knows no bounds... but he did say temporarily
which is a shame since I would've loved for a permanent Sasuuno Kakashi (then again he would need to merge Obi's eyes with another set of sharigans to avoid blindness)

One Piece

Gladius vs everybody

Bartolomeo could've easily blocked that with his powers... guy needs to focus more

HXH

Some of the 'Princes' clearly look like females but then again it is Togashi after all

Also each prince gets a guardian spirit beast formed from their characteristics?
Damn Kurapika will have a harder time now

Also wtf with nasty tit beast... guess it shows the kings women lust

Toriko

I love the fact that everyone has their own unique way of travelling fast.
Still Zebra and Branchi are the only ones that can fly

I knew Herac was pregnant... just felt the same scenario going on like the clone Battle Wolf

The fruit not being ripped is kind of a big LOL since we are rushing through this arc so quickly that even the fruit wasn't ready/was caught by surprise

not really a bombastic chapter like the last few weeks for Toriko (Naruto's was interesting... Even with the plot holes but never the less Kakashi going hard)

Note: WSJ is absent next week :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

his drug is so a antidote

Naruto

So one can transfer eyes via spirit now... no longer physically

wow the evolution of Uchiha eye surgery knows no bounds... but he did say temporarily
which is a shame since I would've loved for a permanent Sasuuno Kakashi (then again he would need to merge Obi's eyes with another set of sharigans to avoid blindness)

One Piece

Gladius vs everybody

Bartolomeo could've easily blocked that with his powers... guy needs to focus more

HXH

Some of the 'Princes' clearly look like females but then again it is Togashi after all

Also each prince gets a guardian spirit beast formed from their characteristics?

Toriko

I love the fact that everyone has their own unique way of travelling fast.
Still Zebra and Branchi are the only ones that can fly

I knew Herac was pregnant... just felt the same scenario going on like the clone Battle Wolf

The fruit not being ripped is kind of a big LOL since we are rushing through this arc so quickly that even the fruit wasn't ready/was caught by surprise

not really a bombastic chapter like the last few week for Toriko (Naruto's was interesting)

Note: WSJ is absent next week :(

I think he gave Kakashi the eyes the same way Itachi gave Sasuke his eyes that one time.

HXH

its said in the chapter that his children are called "princes" regardless of gender so they actually might be females.

Kyuur

Bleach

..and there's the copout. Figured as such, but it was a glimmer of hope. Actually not a horrible chapter, overall. Short though.

Naruto

I saw the first page and literally went "MORE!?" at the sight of an Obito/Rin conversation. I thought the panel with Kagura attacking Sasuke in Susanoo was pretty cool, seemed end-bossy, except with Sasuke being the end boss. Not exactly sure what's going on with the ten-tails stuff, but it looks alright.

And then there's Kakashi. How is he going to managing Susanoo with his chakra pool. So stupid but at the same time, I'm glad he's relevant again.

One Piece

Excellent chapter! Violet is an excellent character, it's rare to see such a competent side character. Laughed at Usopp thinking about Sanji with her power. The Samurai are awesome and my need for a Wano arc grows and grows. Robin's power always catches people by surprise and I love it, even if she doesn't necessarily finish battles.

Sugar vs Usopp 2.0 incoming? I really hope Rebecca takes this chump on and wins without outside help, but not likely. We haven't really gotten enough underdog wins post timeskip.

Toriko

Not exactly pleased with how the cooking is going. It seems too... easy. I imagined the ingredients themselves being much harder to capture by themselves, not just the stuff guarding them. I am pleased with how Toriko vs Heracles is going. Even with this bullshit power up he stands no chance, just how it should be.

HxH

So awesome! So not only do the princes have physical bodyguards (most likely Nen users), they will have these Nen guardians. The first king must have been pretty strong to conjure that thing. I couldn't tell if the prince could see the Nen entering his mouth or not. I really hope that the baby gets some sort of ridiculous guardian.

Monkey's power is quite interesting as well. I wonder how he would have faired against the ants. Pitou most likely would make short work of him given how powerful her En was, as would post-bomb King, but I feel like he could have easily taken out Youpi or Pouf if his ability landed. Can't wait to see Zodiacs in action!

upandaway

Hunter x Hunter

Ew, that monster! Ew!!

Confirmation that none of the princes are nen users but they'll almost definitely come to know of the guardians and be able to make use of them strategically. If their bodyguards can use nen, they could know of the guardians before the voyage even begins.

Though I'm not sure what the plot is currently with the prince and Kurapika. Is Kurapika going to wait until the trip to clash with him? It would make more sense to settle it before then.

That baby got a huge panel holy crap. I can't imagine how that's going to play out.

About Monkey, that ability's pretty crazy. The comparison to Knuckle is pretty easy and his ability is WAY better. By itself it's good, but if you pair it up with something like the Bomber that requires the other person to speak to cancel it, it can become broken good.

HxH

So awesome! So not only do the princes have physical bodyguards (most likely Nen users), they will have these Nen guardians. The first king must have been pretty strong to conjure that thing. I couldn't tell if the prince could see the Nen entering his mouth or not. I really hope that the baby gets some sort of ridiculous guardian.

Monkey's power is quite interesting as well. I wonder how he would have faired against the ants. Pitou most likely would make short work of him given how powerful her En was, as would post-bomb King, but I feel like he could have easily taken out Youpi or Pouf if his ability landed. Can't wait to see Zodiacs in action!
Netero might have been able to beat the King if they had Monkey+Meleoron hit him beforehand. If the ability still worked with Youpi's shapeshifting (like taking the sight from his body eyes) then that would mean Shoot keeping Youpi occupied for much longer, too.

In any case it would be infinitely more useful on Meleoron than Knuckle by the virtue of actually doing something.

One Piece

Oda setting up some more cool fights. Diamante vs Rebecca will be interesting if we ever see it. I just want Law to get out of those cuffs already so we can see some Shambles

Naruto
pretty cool chapter. That page with Naruto and all the Rasenshurikens was neat, and Kakashi getting Susanoo? Hoh boy. He'll still probably only be Sakura's bodyguard though.

Bleach

IKKAKU NOOOOOOOO YUMICHIKA NOOOOO

Mayuri vs Hitsugaya should be a hoot though. His fight against Szayel Aporro was awesome

Hunter x Hunter

Oh my...these sacred beasts seem lewd. Are they Nen or something else?
Saiyuus ability also seems pretty cool. I guess that would make him a conjurer and not an enhancer? Emitter is also plausible. Seems like Kurapika is going to get his chance soon too...

Toriko 288

Vacuums OP.

Cooking air might be cool.

not really
Seeing as the path to get to the next continent is a high mountain range without oxygen

Likely the king fruit 'Air' gives you the ability to hold your breath for long periods of time when eating it at 120%

makes sense since they are all going to space at one point

ElFly

Hunter x Hunter

ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!

MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!

Vito

Banned

I'm lazy when it comes to following weekly raws but damn Silver Spoon is lagging behind. Here's a nice spread to cheer us up or something.

What happened during these past two months? Was the author taking a vacation?

He did a oneshot in the paper mag and uh... he's back doing stuff for a certain magazine with lovely covers under his real name :|

What the heck is Shonen Jump Advanced.

Viz's attempt of making their lineup as hard to understand as possible. They got way too many imprints.

Lain

Boichi, Masakazu Katsura and Masasumi Kakizaki will attend Lucca Comics & Games 2014 as guests and I won't go. Sucks. Would love an autograph from them, especially Katsura.

bigkrev

What the heck is Shonen Jump Advanced.

It's an imprint they started in the mid 2000s when they were doing the print magazine in America. It was for stuff that would be rated higher than Teen (like Hunter x Hunter) and for stuff that wasn't traditional shounen, (like I''s and Deathnote)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm lazy when it comes to following weekly raws but damn Silver Spoon is lagging behind. Here's a nice spread to cheer us up or something.

He did a oneshot in the paper mag and uh... he's back doing stuff for a certain magazine with lovely covers under his real name :|

Viz's attempt of making their lineup as hard to understand as possible. They got way too many imprints.

There's apparently been a staffing issue on the team doing Silver Spoon.

scy

Tonari no Raenzel W 17 - Huh, a chapter.

So she's also a childhood friend? I guess it makes sense from the earlier glasses chapter but okay.

Edit: oh hey, volume 4 doesn't release for another year so I guess I get to wait forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom