• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

One Piece 756

This small incremental buildup everywhere is so boring.

and the same guys who were doing it before+some help

Tamanon

Banned
Bleach

It makes sense with the zombie power since Soul Reapers are supposed to be dead already. Some cool action panels here, and I think it'll look great and brutal when animated. Poor Ikkaku got stomped.

Yeah, I just think it will be frustrating if Rebecca does nothing at all. I don't like such predictable set up. Better if Rebecca does surprisingly well, Diamante gets pissed, is a bout to go all out and then Kyros blocks. Maybe it will turn out like that, I hope so. Her just getting toyed with by Diamante and weeping, would be pretty shitty of Oda. I mean Diamante is strong but he did nothing against Sabo. In fact he was made a mockery of: ignored and has his blade broken.

Sabo is fighting a Admiral right now so using him as a base not a very good idea lol.
Plus Rebecca get beat by Luffy while he was eating in less than 5 secs so it's not like she strong to even begin with and Diamante was playing vs her in short fight they had.

Sabo is fighting a Admiral right now so using him as a base not a very good idea lol.
Plus Rebecca get beat by Luffy while he was eating in less than 5 secs so it's not like she strong to even begin with and Diamante was playing vs her in short fight they had.

I know, but I really don't like it when aspects of OP become to predictable, especially in this manner. The way Oda often deals with females is certainly up for criticism. I just hope he doesn't take the predictable route, because I am getting a bit fed up with the way he deals with female characters to be honest.

mjontrix

Naruto

This chapter's summary...

peopledie.jpg

obito_lol_by_asideofrasengan-d66d5dw.jpg

Still got hyped for Kakashi though...

Bleach

Hitsugaya x10 power up when he shuts up confirmed!

The tears of the fangirls is far, far too sweet.

One Piece

Senrigan!!!

Oda don't take ideas from Naruto please, for the sake of your manga!

Rebecca is about to either prove her worth or get pwned...

Marche90

EDIT: ^ LOL. Fits perfectly

I need to get back to read Nobunaga No Chef some day.

Bleach latest

Everyone will be alive by the end :/

Naruto latest

But of course everyone can do miracles now! *groan*

Hurry up and finish the manga, Kishimoto.

Wagatsuma-san 92

Eh... EH!?

I know, but I really don't like it when aspects of OP become to predictable, especially in this manner. The way Oda often deals with females is certainly up for criticism. I just hope he doesn't take the predictable route, because I am getting a bit fed up with the way he deals with female characters to be honest.

I don't really care if a side female character ( i should say this goes for males also ) fights and win before i used but now it don't bother me as much .
Right now not even most of the SH getting good fights , i take most SH especially Robin getting a good fight over what happens to Rebecca.

Chariot

Bleach
Man what is up with Mayuri's outfit? He couldn't look more ridiculous.
If that's your problem with Bleach right now, you're a happy man/woman. But I also don't really know why he is wearing that right not. I could get, that he didn't want to have Quincy in his shadow, but they're all out in the open anyway. (and besides, I think the very idea that there would be no shadow if you shining clothes, is stupid, too. There is still shadow inside.

_hekk05

Banned
If that's your problem with Bleach right now, you're a happy man/woman. But I also don't really know why he is wearing that right not. I could get, that he didn't want to have Quincy in his shadow, but they're all out in the open anyway. (and besides, I think the very idea that there would be no shadow if you shining clothes, is stupid, too. There is still shadow inside.

Shhh. Just let him do science in peace (lol)

Mad scientist gonna mad

Wagahai no Kare wa Baka de aru

An up and coming comedy about a girl and her stupid boyfriend! (kinda like the opposite of aho girl)

Zweizer

Banned
Opapagoto ch1

Bahaha ridiculous premise that promises a great deal of good times with plenty of yuri. The various expressions are great as well. I can't wait to see more of this.

Zweizer

Banned
Wagahai no Kare wa Baka de aru ch1

Must be tough having such a stupid boyfriend. I have to wonder how he managed to live until now considering that even the Aho Girl had a childhood friend taking care of her all the time (although he's more partially stupid and seems to lack common sense than Aho Girl's brain deadness).

洋菓子店ギャラクシー aka Pastry Shop Galaxy raws, by 若木民喜 (Tamiki Wakaki, author of TWGOK)

An alien spaceship arrives to take over the Earth, but the
kemonomimi
-wearing pilot is not ready for the weapon of mass destruction that is cake!

Also it seems that by eating cake, the alien experiences a biological change and turns from a girl into a hot guy!

As to the brand of kemonomimi, I'll have to say... deer?
Was a pretty good oneshot with some personality, good to be back in Sunday. On the other hand, Isiyama's shogi oneshot in WSM was absolutely awful.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ore monogatari 5

bQByYUn.png

That's a pretty fucking weird thing to know takeo, even of your best friend.

Also christ how does suna not die from the constant diabetes emanating from takeo and yamato being together.

Bossun

Naruto

We've just entered a new dimension of stupid and lazy...

Bleach

Meh, nothing to say, boring as usual, nothing happening as usual and I predict the fight to last one chapter, no actually four hit exactly.
BAM you're dead..ah no
BAM counter attack you're dead...ah no...then survive THAT...you're dead...ah no
BAM..ultimate technique to beat you and make you a non-zombi shinigami again.
End.

One Piece

Come ooooon, move forward, this whole arc is a mess and boring and slow and too many flashbacks and too many characters we don't really care about

Toriko

Things will get brutal next chapter, I hope for some cooking!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ore monogatari 8

I felt as if I was dying whenever I read this. Too much sweetness in one go is definitely bad for you.

I do wonder how this series will go from here though. It's not bad but there doesn't seem to be much direction other than Takeo and Yamato causing the apocalypse through an influx of sugar and Suna chipping in to become the best wingman in manga history.

Averon

Naruto.

Goddman. Obito's Sharingan's overpowered as hell. He can 'port between the living and the dead world as he pleases.

Wait a sec, the Neptunia / mk2 artbook got localised? Ka-ching! Looks like waiting paid off.

Yeah, but they used a boring cover instead of the nice one from the Japanese release.

I saw a single copy of Nana to kaoru arashi 5 and was thiiiiiis close to buying it, but that's probably unwise in a town as small as this

Sales of Hi-Score Girl increases by 500% after raid.

Hekk pls, I'm pretty sure this has already been scanned.

Even I already read it, lol

_hekk05

Banned
Even I already read it, lol

I see it came out aug 3. I was busy with LIttLE13 ヽ(´□`。)ノ

No good deed goes unpunished

Only 23 more pages to go~

I seem to have misplaced the toothbrush.gif I had saved up for just such a situation. dammit

Naruto

The question now will be, can Kakashi retract the Sharingan or will he have to walk around blindfolded?

I think Obito mentioned it was temporary

_hekk05

Banned

gotta show off new waifus and husbandos, or at least in new poses

Imma go raid the local kinokuniya for hi score girl tomorrow. If not I'll have to import it or get jintor to buy me a set

upandaway

One Piece

Yeah the chance for Rebecca to win that is 0%. The chance for Diamante getting as much as an injury or handicap for his next matchup is 0%, especially after Zoro is cleaning the floor with Pica. At this point Rebecca should have just went with Robin and Bart.

Though I can't say the chances are high for her to lose, either. Beating weaker women, even moreso with a weapon, is a privilege reserved for the most villainous of OP villains, like Arlong levels of villainous.

I'm guessing she'll take a few hits and get saved. If they're setting her up as the next Kyros (eh, dunno about that) then she can take this chance to overcome her trauma and barely not go down before getting saved.

Pimpwerx

Naruto
In a world of shonen ridiculousness, Kishi has somehow managed to go too far. LOL. Power levels are simply insane, and eye powers no longer need surgery for transference now? Ugh.

Bleach
Hitsuaya, captain of the worf brigade, "kills" the vice captains of the worf brigade. This does nothing to make Hitsu look like any less of the chump he is. What's his nuts is going to beat him with Batman levels of planning anyway. We've seen this before, Kubo.

One Piece
Can we get Law those keys already? And Kanjurou might be my new favorite character. He needs to join the crew because his awful drawings will never get old. Plus, he doesn't overlap anyone else's style. PEACE.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Senrigan!!!

Oda don't take ideas from Naruto please, for the sake of your manga!

Rebecca is about to either prove her worth or get pwned...

Where did you read that?
*finds it* WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP READING PANDAS?!

Another translation called it Clairvoyance... that makes way more sense.

Furyous

Naruto

In the span of 24 hours of manga time, Kakashi lost an eye, got it back, and got a new sharing an.

Obito is the most hax character ever. This dude said fuck this death shit, BRB. If Madara knew he was this powerful then he should've used him to destroy Konoha in Pein's place. Are all the bijuu going to separate again? Hopefully the shikkaku lets Gaara sleep this time.

Bleach

SHIT JUST GOT REAL.
Hitsugaya is better as a zombie. That should be the second stage of his bankai. He stopped talking and just went berserk. Is it me or is Captain Kuro about to kill Hitsugaya?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naruto

In the span of 24 hours of manga time, Kakashi lost an eye, got it back, and got a new sharing an.

Obito is the most hax character ever. This dude said fuck this death shit, BRB. If Madara knew he was this powerful then he should've used him to destroy Konoha in Pein's place. Are all the bijuu going to separate again? Hopefully the shikkaku lets Gaara sleep this time.

Bleach

SHIT JUST GOT REAL.
Hitsugaya is better as a zombie. That should be the second stage of his bankai. He stopped talking and just went berserk. Is it me or is Captain Kuro about to kill Hitsugaya?

You don't need spoiler tags after the chapter is out somewhere, anywhere, in English.

Lain

Claudine
OhZ.jpg

I'm not used to reading Riyoko Ikeda's works (this is my second one, after Ayako - I still have to read my copy of Oniisama e... though I did watch anime made from her works like Oniisama e... and The Rose of Versailles) so I don't have a great base to judge her style. All I can say is that I liked this book even if I found some things that rubbed me a bit wrong.
For example, the difference in tone between the end to the titular story, Claudine, and the other one contained in the book, Courage.
Claudine ends on a very sour, sad note. You have this great girl that's more of a man in the body of a woman with her charm, her behavior, her likes and she's not able to find happiness, betrayed at every corner yet unable to accept the love of the only woman that accepted her wholly, the only woman that saw her as a man and not a woman.

After such a drama-filled story, Courage ends up feeling more like a comedy despite the theme it plays (incest) and some of the various happenings thanks in big part to the way it ends, but also to the characters, their behavior but also how the struggle is played.
After Marabelle finds out she and Wolf are brother and sister, she simply disappears. She's distraught, sure, but there is no struggle here, nothing like the struggle we get to see when she's battling between her love for Wolf and not wanting to betray her best friend. It's just there... surprise incest! and then we're seeing a pianist dude which we learn is her son born from that one night she spent with Wolf and, to keep the comedy going, the daughter of Wolf and Dolly (Marabelle best friend) ends up in love with him and him with her, after some troubled and hilarious back and forth in their "relationships" (he hated her guts until she disappears).
Now, given how Claudine ended, I was waiting for something just as sour here, instead we have the comedy ending where, after many years Christopher and Claire find out in the latest pages they weren't brother and sister (because Dolly, angry with Wolf for doing it with his sister, had a sex romp with someone else from which Claire was born) and so they end up marrying just as their (adopted for Chris) son and (from her previous marriage for Claire) daughter marry each other.

Now, both stories were nice, with their own flaws yet enjoyable as a whole, but I feel a bit of disappointment from the difference in tone between the two. I don't like sad endings, so Courage had the fun ending for everyone (except for Marabelle), but Claudine used its theme better even if both stories aren't really all that deep. Courage felt a bit too much farcical and as such I liked it less as a whole than I did Claudine.

Shengar

What happened to Hi Score Girl?

EDIT: oh this, what a shitty situation. This is why always ended up having fictionalized popular culture things, instead of the real one.

Zweizer

Banned
Apparently they asked every other company except SNK

SE pls

I think it's more like the negotations fell out during the anime production, as things seemed fine before then.

An alternate theory of mine would be hekk pulling some strings in order to mess with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom