• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Well, what did you expect? It isn't like really is that big of a deal.

To be honest, if the story would be the protagonists going like "I like him/her but... he/she is taller/shorter than me! oh no woe is me!" for dozens and dozens of chapter I would drop it super fast.

I was hoping there would be funny/sweet situations where her height plays a part. Something to that effect.

Of course it's still better that her height loses focus instead of being a big obstacle to their relationship, but it feels like the manga lost some of its charm.

I was hoping there would be funny/sweet situations where her height plays a part. Something to that effect.

Of course it's still better that her height loses focus instead of being a big obstacle to their relationship, but it feels like the manga lost some of its charm.

There should be more of that when / if they go public with their relationship, so let's see if they get to that point soon.

Charade

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction 7-8

ZpnuU1Q.png

That brother... And that's a pretty interesting twist with the idol dude. I'm guessing he'll become the point of contact between the invaders and the girls, or something like that.

Tower of God

Interesting chapter, but man I always wonder if SUI put too many plots/secret characters in his chapters. That and I hope the official translation is getting better b/c I have no idea

at least it makes you have things to look forward to i guess since those plots/characters are intriguing enough :p

Articalys

Actually, I suppose that's a question worth asking: if a mangaka starts a new series, but you think their previous one was terrible, how often do you give them the benefit of the doubt?

Zweizer

Banned
Actually, I suppose that's a question worth asking: if a mangaka starts a new series, but you think their previous one was terrible, how often do you give them the benefit of the doubt?

Considering how many people are reading Fuuka, I'd say all the time.

Revo

Tower of God

Interesting chapter, but man I always wonder if SUI put too many plots/secret characters in his chapters. That and I hope the official translation is getting better b/c I have no idea

The translation is certainly better than the first translation they posted.

Tower of God s2 ep 113

And I don't think there are too many plot/secret characters. There's simply a huge world with a lot many players in it. It would be different if all of them were going too far from each other but the recent developments puts like everyone on the train besides the old group.

There was one scene where I was really confused where Yuri went/what she was doing. It took me a few minutes to not think Yuri's head was just flying next to her.

A lot more glaring errors this week than last, I noticed 3. And places that certainly felt weird.

Plotwise, this brings back this thread and it looks like everyone is towards the train minus the old group. Can't wait to see how everyone gets on the train and what happens there.

Articalys

It depends on why I didn't like their prior work, really. Though I'll usually give it a shot.
True, it does probably make a difference if the new series is the same or a similar genre to the old one, like with KNIM/Fuuka and this new one from the GE mangaka, and not something completely different (though I can't think of any examples off the top of my head for the latter).
edit: wait, I'm an idiot, Death Note to Bakuman is an example.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Most of the time, i'd just wait till someone review it to see if it's worth to try

at least it makes you have things to look forward to i guess since those plots/characters are intriguing enough :p

The translation is certainly better than the first translation they posted.

Tower of God s2 ep 113

And I don't think there are too many plot/secret characters. There's simply a huge world with a lot many players in it. It would be different if all of them were going too far from each other but the recent developments puts like everyone on the train besides the old group.

There was one scene where I was really confused where Yuri went/what she was doing. It took me a few minutes to not think Yuri's head was just flying next to her.

A lot more glaring errors this week than last, I noticed 3. And places that certainly felt weird.

Plotwise, this brings back this thread and it looks like everyone is towards the train minus the old group. Can't wait to see how everyone gets on the train and what happens there.

I just fear that he'll have to stop before he can adequately finish with his hand issue. The other thing is like what ever happened to the big dude that rachel travelled with in the first part. edit: or yea I'm just assuming everybody has some major role instead of just being side characters

Revo

I just fear that he'll have to stop before he can adequately finish with his hand issue. The other thing is like what ever happened to the big dude that rachel travelled with in the first part. edit: or yea I'm just assuming everybody has some major role instead of just being side characters

Hand issue is true.

Big guy might/will become more relevant when hedon becomes more relevant (much farther down the line) or will just be used as a plot device to get rachel up the tower.

I just fear that he'll have to stop before he can adequately finish with his hand issue.

is this a recurring thing? this was the first time i experienced a break of his.

Tower of God 113

Gather Everyone, GATHER.

Hopefully this reunion happens especially since he will look the same but taller to her (due to cutting his hair) LOL

Revo

is this a recurring thing? this was the first time i experienced a break of his.

Tower of God 113

Gather Everyone, GATHER.

Hopefully this reunion happens especially since he will look the same but taller to her (due to cutting his hair) LOL

If you read the translated blog posts it was mentioned A LOT before the break.

And the break didn't fix it since no surgery.

Lain

Depends on why I thought their previous work was terrible and the subject of their new work.

elyetis

I always give them the benefice of the doubt, it's not like reading a few chapter is a huge investment.

The opposite is true too, it was easy for me to drop Gin no Saji even thought I liked FMA.

yea he's been having hand/wrist issues for a while. The extension of this break was b/c he didn't want surgery but no idea of how long this will help

well i hope it works out for him (and it didn't make it worse somehow)

Ore to Akuma no Blues 1
That's nice

Yarisugi Companion To Atashi Monogatari 1
What the hell

The funny thing is they're from the same author.

the latter is after the former got cancelled and i really think it shows how it might have affected him tbh.

with the former now making its return, things should be really interesting.

Otouto ja Irarenai!! 01-03

I love my older stepbrother and it should be totally fine cause we're not blood related and skinship is something we been totally used to or something.

That sums about it. It was pretty funny, especially the trolling twins.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuukachat: Well, our withdrawn anti-social protag is in a rock band with 2 hot girls who are both lusting for his balls and has a famous popstar after his balls at the same time. I guess we can kind of say some stupid Seo nonsense has already occurred.

Quixzlizx

Fuukachat: Well, our withdrawn anti-social protag is in a rock band with 2 hot girls who are both lusting for his balls and has a famous popstar after his balls at the same time. I guess we can kind of say some stupid Seo nonsense has already occurred.

That's every LN ever, though. The delicious angsty Seo twist is watching of all these characters self-destruct and/or have ridiculous plot devices gum up the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom