• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nejimaki Gakyuu 15

bobzI4I.png

Wait a minute, is this the manga you were scanlating upandaway?

upandaway

Sachiusu 14

So she can spread her misfortune powers via giving gifts? That seems like something the other girl would want (or would have wanted 5 chapters ago, them character developments).

Also this, awwww (disregarding what happened later)

Nejimaki Gakyuu 15

Wait a minute, is this the manga you were scanlating upandaway?
I'm not scanlating anything I'm not a scanlator I never scanlated anything my whole life what are you talking about whippy shhh

Charade and Costi can now feel silly knowing that a different group thought hah hah's are worth the side text more than birdlime.

Lain

This November or at most December, I'll finally get my hands on the first volume of Biorg Trinity. I was having withdrawal from some Oh! Great art. Maybe I should try to find Heaven and Earth.

Zweizer

Banned
Akuma no Riddle ch9-10

The rather variable length of the chapters is also strange. Oh well, things are moving forward, although half of it consist of seeing the assassins being quirky, but somehow it fails to make me care about them.

Zweizer

Banned
Akuma no Riddle ch11-16

I hope it's just me but I get the feeling everything in this feels rather half-assed. The assassins' personalities feel one-dimensional up until they make their move, which is when they get some sort of internal monologue pertaining to their motives and when it's over they don't even get more than a box of text for a closure. We get to see some of the class' daily life for the other two-thirds but even this feel nothing more than filler. A rather disappointing read so far.

dramatis

Accel World 1-2

The word that comes to mind is "bland".

The manga art style is a turn off, and the main character is unpleasant. The exposition is done with too many words that could have been spread out in later content. Moreover, the elaborate system setup ultimately boils down to "we need some reason for a MC like this to have superpowers".

It could be better if the 'accel world' is actually interesting, but it's not. I guess I should have listened to my inner warning bells when the Mary Sue heroine appeared.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nejimaki Kagyuu 23

All I got from reading this is that everyone needs to get laid.

The art and fighting is cool though.

Zweizer

Banned
Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki ch11-12

I know it's supposed to be a slow slice of life romance but seems like her height doesn't get anymore focus at all, which means it's became a standard slow romance.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Truth is always stranger than fiction. You never know~

A Simple Thinking About Blood Type 1-2
A webtoon about blood type sterotypes. Props to them for actually calling out the Barnum effect.

The Hakiyuu anime and manga are amazing. I still need to read the manga, i have read some chapters, and the anime is doing a great job being truthful to the manga. So for now i will watch the anime and then read the manga after the anime is finished.

Quasar

Futago 1-19 - So I asked for Josei that featured older women and younger men who weren't little boys and found this. And this is pretty close to what I was looking for. A pretty interesting story with characters which feel like a bit more than a bunch of shallow archetypes and tropes. Whoever suggested this, good one. Though they could completely botch the landing.

Articalys

Just found out that the good ending female author started on a new manga.
http://www.shonenmagazine.com/smaga/domekano
Domestic x Kanojo said:
Tonight, Natsuo loses his virginity. His partner? Her name is Rui and he just met her today after school. She's the one that brought up this whole situation, stating that she wanted to simply gain the knowledge about sex. She does not want to start a relationship, nor does she care about Natsuo. Afterwards, Natsuo feels guilty for losing his virginity to a girl he doesn't even particularly like. Mostly, it makes him feel like he betrayed his crush to his high school teacher: Hina. A quirky love triangle story unfolds as Natsuo, Rui, and Hina all end up becoming part of the same family!
Well then.
Oh, apparently Rui and Hina are sisters.

The first full chapter is available to read online from the official site linked above, if anyone has enough free time/motivation to take a crack at translating it.

Tower of God

Interesting chapter, but man I always wonder if SUI put too many plots/secret characters in his chapters. That and I hope the official translation is getting better b/c I have no idea

Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki ch11-12

I know it's supposed to be a slow slice of life romance but seems like her height doesn't get anymore focus at all, which means it's became a standard slow romance.

Well, what did you expect? It isn't like really is that big of a deal.

To be honest, if the story would be the protagonists going like "I like him/her but... he/she is taller/shorter than me! oh no woe is me!" for dozens and dozens of chapter I would drop it super fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom