• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hakoiri Drops 01

om67Dv4l.png

A guy gets tasked with showing an extremely sheltered girl how to survive in high school and the real world.

This page basically describes how adorable and cute this is. /dead

Prison School 138

You know it's been apparent for a while now, but this is the first chapter where I really realized that the girls are just as goofy and deranged as the guys in this series.

Me and the Devil Blues

Great series I should've read a long time ago without the news of it's return.
The unique setting (manga with a black protag in 1920s America) writing and especially the art everything come together in a great way. The fact this it is written by a Japanese guy is weird, there's no Eastern influence that I can really find in it besides it being a manga and all. I'll also say for the 20th time that it's also odd that this is the same author of Prison School, which I love dearly but shit man that is quite the change
Really like RJ and Clyde's dynamic. Clyde in particular I grew pretty fond of by the end.

3WsEYmy.png

I mean look at him

Anticipating the new chapters now.
Gotta find out about Ike.

upandaway

Soma

Never saw tomato in beef stew either. I really like tomatoes though, we eat this every Friday morning.

Dunno if the kid is a traitor or not, all I know is that I don't like him. He kinda has nothing except for freaking out at anything Soma does (DTL would like him I guess).

Can't believe mac doesn't even have a cropping tool like Paint

so useless
That's a good thing because Paint as a cropping tool isn't nearly as good as either of the 2 cropping tools that Mac has

kasane

this is a brand new mac doe

got it while im here on vacation

im currently rich as fuck so i dont even care

;]

im gonna be so poor after this

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My guess is Soma is talking about beef bourguignon, which uses tomato paste in some recipes, most famously Julia Child's.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, it's just generic beef stew.

Also I think they did bourguignon already, except he used honey which blew everybody's minds (and clothes).

upandaway

Taiyou no Ie 45

Yeah, figures that would happen. I'm blown away that she's even considering this. It's not even a matter of holding a grudge or anything, it's just that this old woman should be able to pick herself up at this point. It's crazy that she wanted to enter the house unannounced holy crap at least call first geez. Things nearly got nuclear.

I meant built in.

Tell that to kasane's terribad avatar. No cropping, no creativity, using second hand waifus...
I also meant built in. Kasane being silly is just kasane being silly.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Bah.

If you're committed to your waifu than you can sacrifice the time needed to make her background transparent. >:|

I Am a Hero Vol. 14

The best motivation for surviving a zombie apocalypse.

Very action-packed volume. Lots of great page layouts.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaally not sure what to think of the implications of... whatever the fuck was going on in the last few chapters though.

As it's going, do you see it as somewhat close to finishing?

upandaway

Shinozaki-san Ki o Ota Shika ni! ch11

So I looked up the author's past works.

.......yeah okay. I would have never recognized that.

Also that's an otaku alright.

Soma

As it's going, do you see it as somewhat close to finishing?

hoo boy.

hard to say at the moment.

there's definitely something bigger (and more supernatual?) on the rise. with the pacing as slow as it is right now i have no idea where it's going and how fast it'll get there. it's still quite interesting but there's just always something that gets introduced from time to time that throws me for a loop.

Rhapsody

Banned
Soma

Nothing big this chapter. it's nice having Souma being the focus again though. Too many chapters of him just spectating lately.

Prison School

I'm all caught up finally. I'll admit, I didn't find the beginning of the second arc too exciting, but once it got going it was hard to stop reading.

Edit: I need to read I am a Hero soon. A friend recommended it and I should get to it.

Nordicus

Mozuya-san Gyakujousuru 1 - Wow. I guess this is the logical conclusion of tsundere in fiction.
That it is. The manga sometimes takes the low-hanging fruit of just making fun of regular tsundereisms but it goes back to the mental health problem aspect thankfully

Shengar

Me and the Devil Blues

Great series I should've read a long time ago without the news of it's return.
The unique setting (manga with a black protag in 1920s America) writing and especially the art everything come together in a great way. The fact this it is written by a Japanese guy is weird, there's no Eastern influence that I can really find in it besides it being a manga and all. I'll also say for the 20th time that it's also odd that this is the same author of Prison School, which I love dearly but shit man that is quite the change
Really like RJ and Clyde's dynamic. Clyde in particular I grew pretty fond of by the end.

Anticipating the new chapters now.
Gotta find out about Ike.

It was axed
But I still little hope left that Hiramoto will continue it after the success of Prison School.

Kurita

A scout in Shibuya asked me if I wanted to do a photoshoot for a clothing brand. Sounds like the start of a lewd manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom