• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

A scout in Shibuya asked me if I wanted to do a photoshoot for a clothing brand. Sounds like the start of a lewd manga.
uHsmvE6.jpg
Soon~

Nordicus

I think that it's pretty fucking funny already.
I feel like the bottle rocket thing wouldn't be nearly as entertaining if we didn't know these characters well. Like, if they were just unnamed supporting characters that follow Kiyoshi's every whim (or are in permanent envy mode as it usually is in ecchi harem stuff specifically), it'd just feel like a distraction.

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like Prison School deserves a bit of credit for having a bunch of male characters who get a decent amount of characterization and panel time, despite this being an explicit ecchi series. Usually you get one, maybe two male characters on top of the protagonist and even then they just aren't worth remembering.

Usobuko

Banned
Me and the Devil Blues

Great series I should've read a long time ago without the news of it's return.
The unique setting (manga with a black protag in 1920s America) writing and especially the art everything come together in a great way. The fact this it is written by a Japanese guy is weird, there's no Eastern influence that I can really find in it besides it being a manga and all. I'll also say for the 20th time that it's also odd that this is the same author of Prison School, which I love dearly but shit man that is quite the change
Really like RJ and Clyde's dynamic. Clyde in particular I grew pretty fond of by the end.

Anticipating the new chapters now.
Gotta find out about Ike.

Late to the party man.

I just need the Naoshi to continue Double Arts now.

Harta covers are always lovely

It's pretty, very pretty.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like the bottle rocket thing wouldn't be nearly as entertaining if we didn't know these characters well. Like, if they were just unnamed supporting characters that follow Kiyoshi's every whim (or are in permanent envy mode as it usually is in ecchi harem stuff specifically), it'd just feel like a distraction.

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like Prison School deserves a bit of credit for having a bunch of male characters who get a decent amount of characterization and panel time, despite this being an explicit ecchi series. Usually you get one, maybe two male characters on top of the protagonist and even then they just aren't worth remembering.

Oh definitely, part of why it's so funny is that they manage to develop the absurdity of its cast over time. Andre is such a glorious example of this.

Revo

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 134

Woo probable new girl.

Assassination Classroom 97

Ooh, new outfits. And Karma so good, defending class e's honor like that.

Welcome back Save N Quit :)

Soma 82

So Soma officially has a secretary of his own, unless the kid has a split personality... then again Alice's aid does and he is still quite loyal

Quixzlizx

I put a can of diced tomatoes in pretty much every stew. You can't go wrong. It's also always the flavored tomatoes, so it adds seasoning as well.

Revo

Kokoro Kimiiro Sakurairo 1

The cheating! Should have ran home and got it and accepted the consequences as a man.

Antiwhippy

Man, he uses that traditional chinese.

Actually, does Kanji use the traditional chinese symbols or the modern simplified ones?

Antiwhippy

Traditional ones, although there's still some small differences.

Alright, good to know.

Y'know, all this talk about me and the devil blues made me search to see if I can buy any physical copies, and yup, it's stupid hard to get it in australia.

Hopefully the continuation means that there are reprints. Or at least someone put it up for digital release.

Taiyou no Ie 46

Maos mom looks like she could be her age. Its also absurd how she is even considering moving with her mom, who abandoned her like 10 years ago and is the cause of all their family suffering. Its like these characters have extremely short term memories.

upandaway

Taiyou no Ie 46

Maos mom looks like she could be her age. Its also absurd how she is even considering moving with her mom, who abandoned her like 10 years ago and is the cause of all their family suffering. Its like these characters have extremely short term memories.
Mao doesn't think highly enough of herself to hold a grudge against anyone. And holding a grudge is like the exact opposite of what the entire manga was about up to now.

Antiwhippy

Hey if you want to do extra work for no reason go ahead and use traditional. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Me and the devil blue 28

Goddamn I remembered how angry I got when I first read this ending.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Taiyou no Ie 45

why does this monumental cunt of a human being have to start fucking it all up?

we were on a good buzz here. Things were going well.

Now she comes back like "hey you know that guy I fucked at Christmas time in mine and your dad's bed. That guy that I left your dad for? nah broke up with him a bit after that. been alone since. come live with me, the person who ruined the majority of your childhood!"

No fucking shit you were alone. you're human trash. nobody should want to be around you. Your daughter finally has a happy life and you want to uproot that for your own selfish reasons. Not for her sake.

She's exploiting Mao's kindness. Mao, who finally built something good for herself, is considering living with her because she doesn't her mother to feel lonely any more.

arrrrrggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh c'pkNFM#PNdse#fnv#]WDNw#npdv'j nldnlvcsn'o

upandaway

By the way, are you guys just posting about Taiyou no Ie 45 and not realizing it or is there actually 46 somewhere that I can't find?

upandaway

Minamoto

Since they brought up Utsusemi (which was who Semi was supposed to be), she's possibly related to her. Then again, Utsusemi in Genji Monogatari had a little brother.
................wait a second.

k5zOGno.png

48mGhMb.png

are you thinking what i'm thinking

scy

Taiyou no Ie 45 - DRAAAAAAAMA

This is done pretty poorly, honestly. Was this ending soon and it just needed to rush some stuff?

Minamoto

................wait a second.

are you thinking what i'm thinking

yup

"Hey, let's remind you that the MC looks a lot like a girl and gets forced to dress like one. Also, we'll bring up Utsusemi and this totally has no relation with the prior information honest."

Revo

Noblesse 333

Random current time funny chapter. Poorly timed when the past conflict was reaching it's breaking point.

Sorta funny, I guess.

Taiyou no Ie 45 - DRAAAAAAAMA

This is done pretty poorly, honestly. Was this ending soon and it just needed to rush some stuff?

they honestly could have just skipped this shit. Leave the mother out of it and end it in a respectable way.

Now it's in danger of being somewhat tainted by an unnecessary drama arc.

scy

It's just not setup very well at the moment. Hey she appears suddenly whoa hey Hiro is starting to doubt her now Mao is shutting everyone out we're undoing everything that's happened. All in one chapter. It just quickly breaks everything down. It could be a good arc but it's acting like it needs to finish it all before Chapter 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom