• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
RIP Mayans/Aztecs.

There's a reason why they aren't around anymore!

Also, I just went and looked up how Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun was doing on Pixiv. What I found out is that:
-Sakura is by far the most popular character with more than a third of the pictures featuring her. Mikorin is second.
-Most popular pairing so far is Kashima/Hori, followed by Sakura/Nozaki and Sakura/Mikorin

Curious to see if things will change with the introduction of Seo. She's gradually getting more popular.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I always get the impression that characters like seo have a bigger following in the west, though I don't really have much to base it on.

Collapse of the World As We Know It 30

Well that's an interesting way of looking at death and how a morgue operates when no living people are around.

I'm REALLY curious to know what happened here, though (NSFW). How bad could it be considering all the other messed up stuff in this series?

Also, I just went and looked up how Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun was doing on Pixiv. What I found out is that:
-Sakura is by far the most popular character with more than a third of the pictures featuring her. Mikorin is second.
-Most popular pairing so far is Kashima/Hori, followed by Sakura/Nozaki and Sakura/Mikorin

Curious to see if things will change with the introduction of Seo. She's gradually getting more popular.

Seo is a goddess, so lets hope so. She's alpha as frak.

Zweizer

Banned
I always get the impression that characters like seo have a bigger following in the west, though I don't really have much to base it on.

This might or might not be due to the fact that characters like Seo are rarely focused on and instead are more comedy material, which means they usually don't get enough spotlight and thus aren't the most popular ones.

I'm REALLY curious to know what happened here, though (NSFW). How bad could it be considering all the other messed up stuff in this series?

Dat TL note. I'm now curious.

Zweizer

Banned
The entire series is pretty much in poor taste, so I have no idea what it could be unless it's referencing a real world event.

I'm trying to find raws of it. The site on which it's published (U17) skips the page entirely as well (or maybe I have to register to see it).

Edit: Found it (NSFW). Apparently (NSFW)
she's a school idol who got gang raped.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
yzANgUc.jpg
this manga 2gud

dani_dc

Boku Girl 23

"What do girls do when this happens?"

Surely someone that used to be a boy should know this.

Takeru x Mizuki is really the one true pairing.

Cerberus 78

These feels. I can't

Out of context it kind of look like the horse is happy he found something to eat.

The entire series is pretty much in poor taste, so I have no idea what it could be unless it's referencing a real world event.

Well now I have to check this series out.

Zweizer

Banned
Taiyou no Ie ch19

Daiki is definitely my favorite character so far. I hope his (temporary) departure means they'll have the opporunity to sort out their feelings because this invisible back-and-forth is getting painful to read through.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
This entire tomato thing is actually a plot point in Tenshi no frypan...

Real Account 4-6
Okay as far as game goes, anything can goes. A retweet battle, that is kinda hilarious

Tomato Armor is such a bad ability.

I suspected more :DTL.

Mumei

I got my copies of Volumes 1, 2, 7, and 13 of the Please Save My Earth manga yesterday, and a dab of fingernail polish remover on a cotton ball got rid of that awful adhesive from the labels Amazon had put on them. I haven't read PSME since I read the scans almost a decade ago; I'm looking forward to reading the official release.

I'm also reading Rurouni Kenshin. Kenshin was the first anime series I really got into - there's a fan site out there where you can find posts of mine from years ago still, and I actually joined around 2002 before a forum reset - but I've never read the official manga release beyond the first eight or nine volumes. I have the VIZBIG editions now, so I'm going through those.

I've also been reading Children of the Sea, which is beautiful and wonderful a bit nonsensical. I'm on the fifth volume next, which I'm not expecting to explain much but will probably be gorgeous.

And I read the new edition of Monster. I'm beyond happy with the size and the general quality of the reproduction, but the translation has irritated me a few times, where the phrasing seems awkward ("Young Woman of Heidelberg" for a chapter title is correct but feels clunky), and more importantly there's a scene where a character says, "I didn't tell you X or Y!" and in actuality it should be, "I told you X, but I didn't tell you Y!" It felt like an amateur sort of mistake, and not the sort of thing I want to see on something calling itself "Perfect Edition." Other than that, though, I've been very happy and I plan on getting the rest as they come out.

Zekes!

I started reading Tower of God. I'm up to chapter 33ish, and it's been enjoyable so far, though I do find myself somewhat confused as to who people are, what's going on, and etc.

The first volume of Soma was really great. Glad Viz is releasing more of the big hits from Jump. Can't wait for World Trigger in October and AssClass in December....

upandaway

Stretch 19

Stretching isn't this thing that you specifically do for a "purpose", see. It's something magical that happens naturally through life. Something that you don't think about. We've finally reached this point in our lives where gossip bathroom breaks are actually stretch breaks in disguise.

Also dunno why those dudes got scared. Why dudes gotta get scared.

I got my copies of Volumes 1, 2, 7, and 13 of the Please Save My Earth manga yesterday, and a dab of fingernail polish remover on a cotton ball got rid of that awful adhesive from the labels Amazon had put on them. I haven't read PSME since I read the scans almost a decade ago; I'm looking forward to reading the official release.

/thumbs up, I also read the PSME scans and liked so much that bought the complete series in one go. One of these days I want to make a re-read, I will post in gaf when I will do it.

Zweizer

Banned
Shoujo Apocalypse Adventure ch1-4

I wasn't expecting much from it, but it was a pretty great read and a neat surprise. The apocalyptic setting reminds me of Blame! and the various sceneries are breathtaking, despite the rather rough art, which works pretty well, and the characters' cute design makes a good contrast to the ruined world they inhabit. Great atmosphere as well, with the slice of life pacing working marvelously well with the protagonists' life of exploration, even if the plot itself is rather thin, as we mostly just follow two girls surviving and travelling in a broken world.

The two protagonists themselves are pretty endearing, with both a rational side of them that emphasizes survival and a more childish one that befits their appearance more, Overall their personalities are pretty well-balanced and make you care about them.

There is beauty even in a destroyed world.

A good read that I recommend to anyone who's looking for an apocalyptic slice of life.

upandaway

Yuri Mekuru Hibi 13

Oh man I love sneezing like that. That is the best way to sneeze. It's like you sneeze all the bad stuff out. I sneeze like that all the dang gosh time.

I don't think I ever rebounded though.

Magi 91-109

So I'm trying to get caught up on some of the manga I've left off for so long and I decided to give Magi the first whirl.

Gotta say, after being told of some of the future events, I'll miss the dungeons and all those funny/serious moments when they are exploring.

And I'm really not looking forward to seeing Haku going down the Sasuke route.

The guy has good chemistry with the other three and crybaby Haku is so much fun when he's laying out the insults to everyone.

Zweizer

Banned

We still don't have an idea of the studio animating it, do we?

Also, great news, although I bet MangaGAF only bought like half of them.
Yuri Mekuru Hibi 13

Oh man I love sneezing like that. That is the best way to sneeze. It's like you sneeze all the bad stuff out. I sneeze like that all the dang gosh time.

I bet you broke a few things sneezing like that, too!

Jintor

Stretch 19

Stretching isn't this thing that you specifically do for a "purpose", see. It's something magical that happens naturally through life. Something that you don't think about. We've finally reached this point in our lives where gossip bathroom breaks are actually stretch breaks in disguise.

Also dunno why those dudes got scared. Why dudes gotta get scared.

I actually really liked how casual they were with it tbh. It was chill.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tokyo Ghoul Vols. 1-3

Protag's whining about eating people already grating

Mumei

/thumbs up, I also read the PSME scans and liked so much that bought the complete series in one go. One of these days I want to make a re-read, I will post in gaf when I will do it.

I wish I'd done it earlier. I saw them at the used bookstore, the entire series, about a year ago for $5 a piece. I thought about getting them then, but I was spending my money on other things and wasn't feeling the manga itch at the time.

So when I bought them now, I ended up getting reamed for volumes 7 and 13. The rest weren't bad; more like $7 - 9 each.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, you guys and your cheap manga volumes.

Prices in my area is around $14-18.

Though you could get it cheaper at the book depository.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom