• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito

Banned
Series' twitter: https://twitter.com/magus_bride posted the v2 cover (there's going to be a LE):

Bu7ceK9CIAE6cv-.jpg:orig

And damn it, meat is best...

I saw the latest Shonen Jump today and leafed through it. There are free stickers in it, including a Soma one. Of all the scenes of the manga they picked this one :

I want it.

scy

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry 5 - .......................

At least it looks like something is happening.

Murcielago 5 - wait nobody died this chapter

Murcielago 5.1 - lewd.gif

Murcielago 6 -

14ugPUt.png

Revo

Zetsuen no Tempest 31

They meet at last~

Destroy and Revolution 48

Looks like we're getting into the middle of the story.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
no shounen wednesday today???
here:

Naruto

This is bullshit. I can't believe that character got a powerup!!!

Bleach

zzzzzzz this took like eight seconds to read and nothing happened. Where's the backgrounds, anyways Kubo?

One Piece

This shit has sucked since Marineford

alternatively

GODA!!!!

Wiseblade

Ippo 1064-1065

Ippo shouldn't have struggled nearly as much as he has in this fight. Morikawa just doesn't have any range between "no-sell" and "devastating blow" anymore. I hope Ippo wins, because I have no faith in a series of world ranker fights being good. My only hope is that Morikawa plotted out the Martinez fight back when he knew how to write a compelling fight.

AdanVC

I just started reading some Junji Ito stories and HNNGGHH, WTF, holy shit! Seriously, this man is a genius. The way he combines horror/gore/creepiness/suspense is just brilliant. I've just begin reading some of his short stories first (Slug Girl, The Human Chair, Enigma of Amigara Fault and Dissolving Classroom are some of them) so I can be mentally ready to read and digest Uzumaki, wich it seems to be his masterpiece and his most grotesque/bizarre work. Can't wait!

dani_dc

But why? Gonzales has been pulling out almost Woli levels of Hax this fight.

Ippo is the most limited "high level" boxer in the series at this points, he hasn't evolved as a boxer in years and is tactics are basically "stay alive until the opponent defeats himself". I simple don't think he has any place defeating the #2 in the world as he is.

But why? Gonzales has been pulling out almost Woli levels of Hax this fight.

He's supposed to be the man ranked second in the world. This isn't some type of Woli situation with just god-like talent; he's a top notch boxer who is pulling out every trick in the book. It's not really ridiculous at all that someone who is near the summit would be able to pull these types of moves on Ippo.

Wiseblade

Ippo is the most limited "high level" boxer in the series at this points, he hasn't evolved as a boxer in years and is tactics are basically "stay alive until the opponent defeats himself". I simple don't think he has any place defeating the #2 in the world as he is.

Like I posted before, he's only that one dimensional because Morikawa doesn't know how to write. Ippo's got and demonstrated the tools to control the pace of a match and open up an opponent's defences. But none of them have worked because Gonzalez is borderline psychic and apparently has the toughest block in the entire series. Everyone and their mother mentions how strong Ippo is and he has broken bones with a single punch before, yet Not-Martinez can block every swing?

So with no new Jump releases this week, I'm going to make a honest statement that I believe about Bleach.

Ever since Gigi took the villain spotlight and Mayuri showed up to fight, Bleach has consistently been outdoing Naruto and One Piece as the best of the 3 to read week after week after week.

Like I know its not going to last forever and we'll eventually go back to Ichigo's, but I'm going to sincerely miss the interaction between the two like this gem from the last chapter.

jMDD9Ao.png

The fact that the past chapter itself made someone like Hitsugaya likable, should be a statement on how much of a roll Kubo has been lately.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I really wonder what ever happened to Silver Spoon. There are raws up to 109, but the last one I saw in English was 104.

Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki ch13

Well, that's a good spot to hide.

You know what, I like the ambience the author gets for this series. The school trips in the bus, doing dumb stuff with the friends, girls vs boys, trying to avoid the teacher watching over them, it's all very nostalgic, for me at least.

dani_dc

Like I posted before, he's only that one dimensional because Morikawa doesn't know how to write. Ippo's got and demonstrated the tools to control the pace of a match and open up an opponent's defences. But none of them have worked because Gonzalez is borderline psychic and apparently has the toughest block in the entire series. Everyone and their mother mentions how strong Ippo is and he has broken bones with a single punch before, yet Not-Martinez can block every swing?

Ultimately, it comes down to the author not convincing me that Ippo is good enough to be at this stage, the fact that such is due to Morikawa no longer knowing how to write a fight doesn't change that.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
These Peephole videos are quite interesting.
I didn't know about them (only now saw one of them tweeted) even though they are months old.
Man, Miyaichi is so off. I imagined her with a lower pitched voice, maybe even slightly husky. I was always of the impression that on the cute <---> sexy meter, she leaned more right than left.

here:

Naruto

This is bullshit. I can't believe that character got a powerup!!!

Bleach

zzzzzzz this took like eight seconds to read and nothing happened. Where's the backgrounds, anyways Kubo?

One Piece

This shit has sucked since Marineford

alternatively

GODA!!!!

This is the best.

Zweizer

Banned
Taiyou no Ie ch19

This is probably the only manga I know of where things progress sideways instead of going forward or backwards.

Marche90

I'm finally reading manga again. I said I wouldn't do so until I got a tablet, but I got bored at work and found that reading manga helps to kill some time

Billionaire Girl (all chapters)

What to say about this one? If there's one word that comes to mind after asking this, is surely "disappointed".
Why? Honestly, I think it has to do with its epilogue; maybe I wanted the authors to make something more elaborated than what we got. Either way, the series was good up until the ending, but I felt that the ending was somewhat abrupt.

Hozuki-san Chi no Aneki 1-6

This one's pretty funny! It managed to made me laugh out loud when I was reading it. Good thing that none of my coworkers were in the zone. Still, goddamn, that (not blood related) sister is such a tease :lol

Stulaw

Tokyo Ghoul 1-111

I like it, it's not the best Manga, it's sort of like Tower of God only the MC is actually insane.

TLRD 46

selection_004lzbt3.png

...and all is good in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom