• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeromcd73

6VhcvBP.jpg

It's back! Hopefully it makes sense this time!
Clamp please...

Chariot

Anyone know anything about the pilots love song?

Anybody know if it has any relation the princess and the pilot ?
Yes, they're playing in the same world. Pilot's Love Song is set a uncertain time after Princess and the Pilot.
The empire of Levamme appears, as well as a plane with a seagull on it.
There are at least two further light novels that play in that same world; Nocturne for a certain Pilot (featuring the
honorable pilot
from Princess and the Pilot as protagonist) and Oath of a certain pilot (featuring
the Silver Fox
from Pilot's Love Song as protagonist). Take the details with a grain of salt though, I mowed through the net after I finished a Pilot's Love Song and gathered it from there, the spoilers could easily hoax. Actual information is very sparse.

zeromcd73

It won't. But I'm really curious about it. And what about xxxHolic: Rei? Did it end or it is just an hiatus?

I think Holic Rei is on hiatus while they do this. They plan on tying both series together like they did before. Speaking of which, I haven't read xxxHolic Rei yet. Does it make sense?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So rereading kuroshitsuji again, and say what you will about it (I don't think it's amazing or anything either), but I think ciel and sebastian are still pretty compelling characters in a pretty compelling relationship. Even if they go on silly adventures all the time.

Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki 1-15
That romance. Its too much for me to handle.
Someone hold me, this thing is giving me die-a-bi-tis.
Its funny how 181cm here is actually pretty common, as I am a bit taller than that. Didn't know japanese are crazy short.

I think Holic Rei is on hiatus while they do this. They plan on tying both series together like they did before. Speaking of which, I have read xxxHolic Rei yet. Does it make sense?

From the recent chapter, it makes sense. As in they finally revealed what was going on.

And then this supposedly ties into the new Tsubasa series so now it suddenly doesn't make sense.

Usobuko

Banned
I'll be more interested now that Gohoumei knows about Qin's younger generation stars in the making, including the 'youthfulness' of this plan. If he survive this ordeal, he should at least have some counter measures.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Zweizer a home wrecker.

Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki 1-15
That romance. Its too much for me to handle.
Someone hold me, this thing is giving me die-a-bi-tis.
Its funny how 181cm here is actually pretty common, as I am a bit taller than that. Didn't know japanese are crazy short.
Well, that's still pretty tall for a girl in the west. Unless you're talking about the guy being 5'3", which is definitely short for a guy, yeah.

High Score Girl 15
That reunion!! Too bad they didn't really talk much.

Family Fight 0
lol poor cat.

Shengar

In a certain manga site, one of the popular ones, I noticed there is a view count (pages viewed, not chapters). It's of course not a total amount of everyone who has read it, but a representative sample big enough to know what people like or not on Internet, the same way some times there are stats of downloaded torrents of tv series and movies.

-Seinen-
Vagabond 413K
Historie 423K
Beserk 780K
Vinland Saga 954K

-Shonen-
Hunter x Hunter 677K
Naruto 907K
Toriko 1.5M
One Piece 1.7 M
One-Punch Man 1.9M

-Smut-
Prison School 3.4M
Minamoto-kun Monogatari 40.3M (!)
To-Love Ru 548K
To-Love Ru Darkness 38M

~Special category
A Town Where You Live 36.3M
How much is Kingdom? Site I frequently visits is 950k-ish. Its kinda disappointing that it hasn't reached 1 million yet.

Lain

Anyone know anything about the pilots love song?

Anybody know if it has any relation the princess and the pilot ?

I read the manga for The Princess and the Pilot, which I find nice, nothing revolutionary or a masterpiece, but nice.
I don't know if it and Pilot's love song have any relation, apart from being based on novels written by the same dude.

Zweizer

Banned
Nozomu Nozumi ch10-End

Well, that ending felt abrupt, and outside of the sister reveal there weren't much of a development. At least it was a somewhat cute read.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion 8

Man, he sure doesn't make stands like he used to.

Just kidding, this stand is just as ridiculous as your typical JoJo stand

I'm actually really liking the Stand designs in Part 7/8, 8 moreso because a lot of the stands in Part 7 weren't the typical humanoid design and some didn't even have a physical form.

「Soft & Wet」 itself is great.

PK Gaming

I'm actually really liking the Stand designs in Part 7/8, 8 moreso because a lot of the stands in Part 7 weren't the typical humanoid design and some didn't even have a physical form.

「Soft & Wet」 itself is great.

I prefer humanoid designs myself, but I'm not averse to the other kinds of stands. Part 7 had some incredible stands (including D4C, which is by far and away my favorite stand) and i'm looking forward to seeing what Araki comes up with in part 8. Soft & Wet gets points for having skill that's atypical to most protagonists.

EDIT:
ZTw2TiR.png

I love how Yasuho was rockin the rose dress, even as a child.

I prefer humanoid designs myself, but I'm not averse to the other kinds of stands. Part 7 had some incredible stands (including D4C, which is by far and away my favorite stand) and i'm looking forward to seeing what Araki comes up with in part 8. Soft & Wet gets points for having skill that's atypical to most protagonists.

EDIT:
ZTw2TiR.png

I love how Yasuho has her rose accessories, even as a child.

I like the non-humanoid Stands like Sex Pistols, Aerosmith and Scary Monsters (did that even have a form?) but I think all my favorites are humanoid like King Crimson, Purple Haze, In a Silent Way and Going Underground design wise and D4C, Killer Queen and Soft & Wet ability wise.

Zweizer

Banned
Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban ch5

What I take from this chapter is that JRPGs shopkeepers can kick my ass.

Good thing I don't shoplift.

Zweizer

Banned
Kokoro Kimiiro Sakurairo ch1

Rather cute start, even if the characters aren't particularily endearing. At least it's kind of refreshing to see an enthusiastic and cheerful male protagonist compared to the stream of aloof, laid-back or whimpy guys.

That's one huge family though.

dani_dc

Kingdom 399

I'm guessing he had a back up plan and flee, feels a bit early for him to die, otherwise with Kyoukai there he's essentially dead already.

Fuuka
I figured she was a rival of Tama-chans who will obviously fall for Yuu.
They were talking in English, so I assume it's not a Japanese idol.
The falling in love with Yuu is guaranteed through.

Kingdom 399

the next gen of youth edging their path to being Generals

I guess that means Kyoukai is soon going to separate from Shin's unit to have her own reserves.... I just hope she doesn't meet a demising end like Ouki's lover

Still that Kyoukai greatness
c+_319efab1548c8e5db6f1ff388ddf02c0.gif

dani_dc

Kingdom 399

the next gen of youth edging their path to being Generals

I guess that means Kyoukai is soon going to separate from Shin's unit to have her own reserves.... I just hope she doesn't meet a demising end like Ouki's lover

Still that Kyoukai greatness
c+_319efab1548c8e5db6f1ff388ddf02c0.gif

Kyoukai is a better candidate to be a general than Shin to begin with, she's superior to him in every way possible.
This could be her chance to make a name of her own.

Kyoukai is a better candidate to be a general than Shin to begin with, she's superior to him in every way possible.
This could be her chance to make a name of her own.

I agree I just hope she doesn't get killed later on when she is a general just so that Shin would only have Ten as a option

Zweizer

Banned
Isn't Kyoukai rather frail? I think the one thing Shin has over her is toughness and stamina. Of course there's the plot armor in the form of willpower/ambition, but barring that Shin isn't that much weaker than Kyoukai.

Does she want to tho?

yup she does want to 100%
there was a chapter confirming it

Isn't Kyoukai rather frail? I think the one thing Shin has over her is toughness and stamina. Of course there's the plot armor in the form of willpower/ambition, but barring that Shin isn't that much weaker than Kyoukai.

Shin does have more stamina and overall toughness but she has more lethal abilities and speed

Chariot

Yeah, it would be a great help if Xin wouldn't be such an idiot. I think I would enjoy Kingdom even more, if the protagonist wouldn't be so shounen.

Yeah, it would be a great help if Xin wouldn't be such an idiot. I think I would enjoy Kingdom even more, if the protagonist wouldn't be so shounen.

but then again you have all of those amazing villains and badd ass generals

so it somewhat balances out :)

The armies of Qin need a skilled archer.... two other nations have top dog archers and Qin have none

Zweizer

Banned
He seems to be improving though, and is gradually better at discerning the movements of the various armies, even if he can't plan for shit.. I can see him becoming like Duke Hyou with a bit of Ouki's wisdom and experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom