• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Untouchable 11 - continue to enjoy this, but I am a bit frustrated by chapter size. It goes so quickly. Maybe I should wait for it to build up a few rather than read it weekly.

Zweizer

Banned
To be fair, the manga also changed Heki's fate. He's supposed to be dead :x

That was my point. Heki survived just fine, so it shouldn't be unthinkable for the author to sneak in Kyoukai as a general or something like that.

Bright World Project 23

Well, this was cancelled. But woo harem end.

Not worth reading, only 1 death.

Yeah the endgame was just mediocre. Oh well at least the yandere girl was pretty entertaining up until then.

Akito

Domino Kick
Sae, a young lady of a wealthy family, sometimes can't control herself and gets the urge to behave in a manner unbefitting of her upbringing. It's her butler's job to intervene.
DF0C5IF.jpg

3XliYj6.jpg

kHb2TVn.jpg
A very simple yet effective setting thanks to the magnificent butler. He could have been Sakamoto's disciple.

Fairy Tail Zero 02

jrhhqNel.png

Yeah, this spinoff is so much more interesting than the main series currently or the other spinoff about the guy who isn't all that popular nor do we really have to know about his past.

Today, I read the 3rd chapter of Zombie Brother which included the image of a zombie child defecating the skeletal remains of a human arm from his anus.

I am both awed and slightly disturbed by this.

Zweizer

Banned
Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban ch8

Hahaha a kogal. I'd like to play a fantasy RPG where you're a contemporary kogal. Would probably be the most hilarious shit ever.

D-Frag! Vol.01

lM8kzG2l.jpg

Kazama Kenji is roped into the game development club, fulled of weird girls. It's pretty funny.

Pretty enjoyable like the anime was. The dialogue is funny and snappy and I like how silly it gets. I'm just completely positive about it.

Charade

Gojikanme no Sensou 4

Sooo, they can possess objects or something?

Magi 235

It's like the beginning of this flashback was in slow-mo and the end was in fast-forward.

Okusan 12

I ♥ WT

dani_dc

Tonari no Seki-kun 60

They do say all men look for a woman that reminds them of their Mother.

Though stereotypically the mothers don't like their daughters-in-law, but this is a clear (and justifiable) exception to that.

Now that the mother and sister are on the bag all she needs to do is get the father to support it.

dani_dc

Oddman 11

The series starts with a sadist-sister golden showering her masochist brother, so you know it's super interesting right from the start.
It was rather amusing and cute.

I already read Nickelodeon (except Chapter 37, I'll do so later today), what else from Dowman Sayman is worth checking out?

I already read Nickelodeon (except Chapter 37, I'll do so later today), what else from Dowman Sayman is worth checking out?

The Voynich Hotel
Suicide Parabellum (only one chapter so far though)
Paraiso (super lewd)
Escape from High School Girls (one shot)
Cat Gravity (short one shot, but amazing)
After Life (another good one shot)
The Dream of an Elephant (another one shot)
Phantom Brave (adaptation of the game and probably his most grounded work yet)

He's also done some pretty interesting doujins too of series like Azumanga and Haruhi.
-----------------------------

Domino Kick 07

That level of preparation is amazing.

Kennichi's first run wasn't a sequel though, he incorporated key points of it in the actual series, yes? Sumire 17-sai is actually a sequel. In a way.

I meant where he basically had something then just rebooted it after into something slightly different. Almost like it was a 17 chapter "oneshot" and then he got the opportunity to expand/change it.

dani_dc

The Voynich Hotel
Suicide Parabellum (only one chapter so far though)
Paraiso (super lewd)
Escape from High School Girls (one shot)
Cat Gravity (short one shot, but amazing)
After Life (another good one shot)
The Dream of an Elephant (another one shot)
Phantom Brave (adaptation of the game and probably his most grounded work yet)

He's also done some pretty interesting doujins too of series like Azumanga and Haruhi.
-----------------------------

Thanks, I'll be checking those out, I'm curious to see the Azumanga doujin as well.

Tonari no Seki-kun 60

Sister? check

Mom? double check.

Yokoi is moving on up LOLOLOL

Tonari no Seki-kun 61

dat ECO Friendly Garden

Leave it to her friend to misunderstand *facepalm*

Shengar

Kingdom 399
Is this the end for our bishonen Wei strategist?

KINGDOM 399

KYOUKAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I don't know why our taste can't aligned
Female master swordman is still something to be admired though <3

Shengar

I know it's late, but what evs.

Kingdom is one the most gory manga out there, with people seemingly can be cut like butter by a child soldier (though I suppose Xin's sword is a named sword?), but unlike any popular edgy/gory fiction that fond to butcher their characters, Yasuhisa Hara rarely kill named character out of the blue without purpose. Mostly, named character deaths are related to the plot, and character development. Kingdom is 399 chapter in, and the only named member of Hishin unit that die was bucktooth's brother IIRC. Qiang Lei, not only a major character in Kingdom at the moment, (s)he's also a future general that will lead the invasion of Zhao historically along with Xin. If she's gonna die, Hara will make it proper and not a random death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom