• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Punch Man 35

Poor King just can't play a game in peace. he's too popular with the monsters. Love Saitama trolling him.

That Gundam was beastly.

WNvzLWR.png

Some things never change.

Past Doflamingo family look sooooo much better than their current selves.

Especially someone like Senor Pink.

Like what happened there???

And goddamn Oda.

It's only been one chapter and Law's backstory is already one of the most tragic ones.

Man OnePunch Man is so hilarious. I just love the way the MC seems so average, yet he beat's the crap out of everyone. Who would of though being so OP could be funny.

Zweizer

Banned
Munou no Hito ch1-4

A gloomy, downright depressing read about the life of a seemingly worthless man. Can't say I particularily liked it considering how nihilistic the whole thing is, but I did appreciate the rather realistic aspect of the man and his entourage's daily life, as bleak as it is.

Some things never change.

Past Doflamingo family look sooooo much better than their current selves.

Especially someone like Senor Pink.

Like what happened there???

And goddamn Oda.

It's only been one chapter and Law's backstory is already one of the most tragic ones.

otp

and this is pretty goddamn heavy for a OP flashback.

Zweizer

Banned
Suzuka ch41

Yeah what the hell are you doing Yamato.
Yeah what the hell are you doing Suzuka.

Suzuka ch42

What the hell.
What the hell.
What the hell.

Suzuka ch43

Poor Honoka. If only this guy wasn't a total dumbass.

Suzuka ch44

The hell.
What.

Suzuka ch45

Holy fucking shit you goddamn imbeciles.

Rhapsody

Banned
Suzuka ch41

Yeah what the hell are you doing Yamato.
Yeah what the hell are you doing Suzuka.

Suzuka ch42

What the hell.
What the hell.
What the hell.

Suzuka ch43

Poor Honoka. If only this guy wasn't a total dumbass.

Suzuka ch44

The hell.
What.

Suzuka ch45

Holy fucking shit you goddamn imbeciles.
Accurate to how I felt. lol

Usobuko

Banned
pls give me some from the 90's! I've already exhausted all the popular ones... including shamo is just mindbreaking.

also, any manga conventions in NY that you peeps would know about? would def wanna go to one.

I'm not the biggest fan of Martial Arts manga but I do preferred them in the veins of Shamo. Have you read Karate Shoukoushi , Kenichi, Teppuu, Holyland, All-Rounded Meguru, Gamaran, Blade of the Immortal, Tenjou Tenge, The Breaker, Baki , Shigurui, JoJo, Aiki etc?

Out of that list, I'll simply go with Blade of the Immortal and Meguru. Tenjou Tenge is incomprehensible, a trademark of Oh Great! manga. There's also Zero ( Matsumoto Taiyo ) and Tough ( Tetsuya Saruwatari ) I haven't read the last 2 though.

Magi 241
Nice way to stall the unification of the metal vessels. Politics getting in the way. I'm curious to learn where Judar learned his space time teleportation. And he implies that it can become more powerful. Just how vast is the great rift anyway? That can become its own arc if it's larger than the world they're in now.

Naruto 694
All Sasuke had to say is he wants to create an absolute monarchy. Beating around the bush and making it seem like Itachi died in vain. Time for some good ol' taijutsu next chapter.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm not the biggest fan of Martial Arts manga but I do preferred them in the veins of Shamo. Have you read Karate Shoukoushi , Kenichi, Teppuu, Holyland, All-Rounded Meguru, Gamaran, Blade of the Immortal, Tenjou Tenge, The Breaker, Baki , Shigurui, JoJo, Aiki etc?

Out of that list, I'll simply go with Blade of the Immortal and Meguru. Tenjou Tenge is incomprehensible, a trademark of Oh Great! manga. There's also Zero ( Matsumoto Taiyo ) and Tough ( Tetsuya Saruwatari ) I haven't read the last 2 though.

I've read the ones bolded. I got some manga off of the list and I hated Aiki, felt stupid that his dad restructured his body so he could only use 10% of his strength, dumbest reason in manga ever, also the first few chapters were literally smut then it shifted drastically. Gotta keep up with an identity...

Also, I'm more in the veins of liking stuff with a wimpy protag that eventually levels up and has a love interest with some jealousy involved. I swear I have to write a manga one day to show up a bunch of mangaka's cause they honestly have no clue how to lay out a story.

Usobuko

Banned
I've read the ones bolded. I got some manga off of the list and I hated Aiki, felt stupid that his dad restructured his body so he could only use 10% of his strength, dumbest reason in manga ever, also the first few chapters were literally smut then it shifted drastically. Gotta keep up with an identity...

Also, I'm more in the veins of liking stuff with a wimpy protag that eventually levels up and has a love interest with some jealousy involved. I swear I have to write a manga one day to show up a bunch of mangaka's cause they honestly have no clue how to lay out a story.

Aiki was more like a comedy to me since he's virtually invincible. There's nothing logical in the fights when the rule in the universe is basically 'anything goes'.

You want something like Ippo / The Breaker except having a rival for his love interest? I read a manga called Hakaiou Noritaka! that features a wimpy lead but it has such predictable formula that keeps repeating itself along with the absurd training methods, the manga is geared towards being a comedy instead. So, I can't help you there, I don't see any when I look at my list.

Scum

Monster Musume popularity list:

19th: Tofu shop lady from Ch. 25
18th: Mama Miia
(take a guess)
16th: Draco
(dragonewt)
, Darling
15th: Lilith
(devil)
14th: Polt
(kobold)
13th: Kii
(dryad)
12th: Lala
(dullahan)
11th: Doppel
(shapeshifter)
10th: Smith
09th: Zombina
(zombie)
08th: Mero
(mermaid)
07th: Tio
(ogre)
06th: Suu
(slime)
05th: Papi
(harpy)
04th: Manako
(cyclops)
03rd: Cerea
(centaur)
02nd: Miia
(lamia)
01st: Rachnera
(arachne)

http://www.monmusu.jp/news/412/

Lala should be way higher but I can live with this.

01st: Rachnera
(arachne)

0q76ono.gif

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Aiki was more like a comedy to me since he's virtually invincible. There's nothing logical in the fights when the rule in the universe is basically 'anything goes'.

You want something like Ippo / The Breaker except having a rival for his love interest? I read a manga called Hakaiou Noritaka! that features a wimpy lead but it has such predictable formula that keeps repeating itself along with the absurd training methods, the manga is geared towards being a comedy instead. So, I can't help you there, I don't see any when I look at my list.

i suffer in my own little bubble for now...

Usobuko

Banned

I like his character designs.
H-works. Gunjou by Key

Montage 34

Quite an intense scene when the guy was shot.

Plot thickens, who could be there given Miku was tracked down by GPS. Accomplice? Why does he/she wait until the last moment before shooting the other guy.

Anyone else here saw the scans for the To Love Ru Darkness guidebook featuring all the individual girl endings?

Because Yui's is far and away, the best one.

Marche90

Anyone else here saw the scans for the To Love Ru Darkness guidebook featuring all the individual girl endings?

Because Yui's is far and away, the best one.

I've seen the light, my brothers (and this scan)

AND

IT'S

GLORIOUS!

It also shows that Celine does actually grow up lol

UberTag

Peephole 41

I'm actually somewhat disappointed that
Glasses Girl was allowed to live.
Seems rather sloppy of Miyaichi to just leave an eyewitness free to walk away like that - even a semi-conscious one.

zeromcd73

Soma 89 spoiler

it'shappening.gif
Sona wins. He then challenges Erina saying he will beat her after he wins his next match.

Azure J

One Piece

Law already went through as much as/more than most of the Straw Hats put together, and the flashback hasn't even started proper yet.

It's actually tripping me out how much confirmed death and bad shit is going on casually in this flashback. Oda always shied away from explicitly showing this stuff on screen so seeing dead kid bodies, parents and loved ones getting shot up was pretty whoa.

Yumekui Merry 73

Is that the first ever use of plane.jpg in the proper context in a manga I've read since I understood GAF's plane.jpg meme?

Azure J

Soma 89 spoiler

it'shappening.gif
Sona wins. He then challenges Erina saying he will beat her after he wins his next match.

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

iDlDEpXJEaZxm.gif

But of course you know this is going to get interrupted spectacularly so that they can do the equivalent of going off to Namek (second year)

Oh also, before I forget:

100 - Handred

I love the art in this series (at least I think it's a series). Story is your usual stuff, maguffin suspended over city and person last known to have the key vanishes, mystery girl from skies except she's an android, post-pocalyptic or near extinction level event, only city still standing is a rough and tumble cyber metropolis, main character is the only kid who can open the thing, befriends android chick who is then revealed to be one part Dorothy from Big O and one part Zero from the Megaman Zero series (complete with cloak toss).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom